Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Pretty neat Ford River Rouge video

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hack Attack, Nov 29, 2012.

1. Hack Attack

Hack Attack

The last couple of days I've been working out at the old River Rouge plant.....feels really cool just being there with all of the history and the fact that some of the original building still exist. So, I was looking up more information on the plant and found this video from 1939. A good one if you have a bit of time.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/TcXfk0op6JA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

well I guess I'll put on a tie, grab my coat and hat and go see the new Fords at the plant

3. 6t5frlane

6t5frlane
    from New York

Are you staying stateside or going to Mexico?

4. Torchie

Torchie

I have seen this video before. Very cool.
    Friends of my wife's family used to work on the Ford frieghters. The Rouge plant has a long and interesting history. Part of it started out as a factory for Ford to build boats for WWI. Really came into it's own with the advent of the Model A's. Got so big that ole Henry said that it wasn't "fun " for him to be there anymore.

5. Wow...... Proud to say I grew up in the shadows of the great Ford Motor Co. America at it's best!

6. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

:(...

7. 60 Belair

60 Belair

cool video thanks for posting !

8. landseaandair

landseaandair
    from phoenix

Haven't seen this one yet, thanks.

9. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

10. lawman

lawman

Great vid. Thanks for posting.

11. S_Mazza

S_Mazza

Fascinating! I will share that with some older family members who might get a kick out of it. Thanks!

12. Harms Way

Harms Way

I seen this in School when I was a teen.... But all things Ford was second nature to a lot of us that grew up in Dearborn and all the Detroit suburbs,... Once a year there was a Ford Family day at DPG and at R&D and Design, For the employees and there families of those departments. All kinds of things to do including having my Dad, who was a Test Driver at Ford, Take us for a ride around the test track in a brand new Ford.

At Christmas, there was a special day for the Employees to bring there families down to the Rotunda for a special Christmas extravaganza with special displays, cars, Santa Clause, everything you could imagine,.... In it eyes of a child in the 1950's it was just like being in Santa's workshop in the North Pole. Totally Magical !

13. chopped

chopped

Was commen for grade school clases to do a tour, did it in the 50' s

14. I toured the flit plant when I was 7 and worked a whole shift with my uncle. Watched him build motors all day. Still remember it 33 years later

15. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

So cool. Great video, thanks.

Very cool job for dad.

We just don't build buildings with that much flourish and architectural detail anymore. These old places were magical.

Rogue River and Dearborn in their prime must have been something to see.

JUst a mindboggingly successful family run, private company.

16. Thanks for posting this Hack Attack, Ford was way ahead of his time!
    My Dad was a Ford guy, Mom work for GM for 37 years, as did my lil' Bro, Broaning Hwy, Baltimore, MD.

17. lawman

lawman

Watched the Video again. I worked at the Louisville Ford plant in the
    mid to late 60s.Pay was $3.68 an hour for a 58 hour week !!!!
    My how times have changed !!!! Back the the only way you could miss work was th have the wife call the plant and tell them you died durning the night !!! LOL