Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Prefect / Willys /Kadett Gasser Build.

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Mitchell Rish, Jan 6, 2015.

1. GlassThamesDoug

GlassThamesDoug
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Nice Looking Willy's

els likes this.
  2. Mitchell Rish

Mitchell Rish
    from Houston MS

Yep. It just kinda showed up here from Dunkirk NY. Lol

els and loudbang like this.
  3. Mitchell Rish

Mitchell Rish
    from Houston MS

That blower looks really good. A little hilborn 4 hole scope would be wicked.lol.like your detail on the radiator and the rods. Nice.

4. Mitchell Rish

Mitchell Rish
    from Houston MS

Today's work.
    Got the truck latch and handle installed on the 41 Willys.
    Also got the patterns made for the firewall and the dash panel on the Opel kadet. Bill did some good work on the Opel today. It's gonna be sharp.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 21, 2017
  5. Mitchell Rish

Mitchell Rish
    from Houston MS

Today's work. Got the bumper on and checked the fit /look. Looks good. Got the final fit on the trunk latch. Mounted the tail lights. Getting them set and centered took a little while ,but they look pretty good I think.
    The Willys is starting to look like it should.

Attached Files:

6. Mitchell Rish

Mitchell Rish
    from Houston MS

Ok. Had to work on the shop yesterday not in it.
    Even with a water separator moisture was showing up in the air lines so I drained the tank, separator, and lines.
    Had about 7 lights out. We have the 8 ft bulbs. Not a problem other than being about 16 feet up. Rolled out our trolley and changed them and realized man what a photo op.
    Check it out. Totally different look.

Attached Files:

7. loudbang

loudbang

Your hoarding LOL. Any more info on the anglia?

1947knuck and els like this.
  8. Mitchell Rish

Mitchell Rish
    from Houston MS

Been doing the little pain staking stuff that you can't see in a picture. Got all the doors set and adjusted where they open shut and line up with out slamming it
    Had to adjust the hinges. Blue wrench and bfh. Now all is good. Also been working on Willys and Opel.

els, mad mikey and loudbang like this.
  9. southcross2631

southcross2631

Don't get too frisky on the ladder. I know 2 people in the past year that have fallen from ladders. One was my painter who borrowed my ladder and chain saw to trim some trees around his house fell off and luckily got rid off the chain saw on the way down ,but shattered his foot and was off work for 4 months. Just last weekend the guy whose car I am presently working on fell 18 feet off an extension ladder and is in the hospital for internal bleeding .
    Lesson to all ladders look harmless ,but are very dangerous.
    Sorry did not mean to hi jack your build thread, looks great.

els, loudbang and Kroombit like this.
  10. Mitchell Rish

Mitchell Rish
    from Houston MS

Your right. When I was younger I flew and landed really well. Now I don't land as well any more. Lol.
    I have a trolly like you see at airports that Micky built for changing light bulbs because of the ladder. It's real stable and hell for strong. But you are correct.

els, Dog_Patch and loudbang like this.
  11. Mitchell Rish

Mitchell Rish
    from Houston MS

Ok. Been working on cylinder heads and what not.
    How ever I did get my driver side door handle welded /and reassembled. I think it turned out well considering these are pretty hard to come by that match.

Attached Files:

12. Mitchell Rish

Mitchell Rish
    from Houston MS

Other door handle for Willys finally came in. Not a lot of progress but the part that's been holding me up is in. Now it's just time

Attached Files:

13. Mitchell Rish

Mitchell Rish
    from Houston MS

Got holes drilled to mount the other door handle. Takes a lot of time not to make a mess. Didn't take a photo. My bad.

14. Mitchell Rish

Mitchell Rish
    from Houston MS

Ok finished door handle latch/cables etc installation on both doors. Not nearly as easy as I would like for it to have been. Now got to get them ready to go back on. Trying to get to the point where I can leave em on. Still got lots to do on inside though.

Attached Files:

els and Dog_Patch like this.
  15. loudbang

loudbang

Nice and level.

16. Mitchell Rish

Mitchell Rish
    from Houston MS

Took the seat back out of the William in order to finish welding in the seat belt tabs and start finishing the inside. Need to finish dash, gauges , and gas pedal etc.
    So this brings us to the fun part of the day. We decided to install the hilborn stack injectors on both the Prefect and the Willys. I through the valve covers on to Because i Didn't want to look at the dirty mock up engine. Don't bust my chops about the chrome valve covers - they will get blasted and painted.
    Everything cleared won't have to cut any holes in either glass front cap. Gonna look cool.

Attached Files:

17. Do you have a separate thread for the Opel, somewhere else? (too new for here, right?) Is there a site like this for 1965 to say 1971-2? H.A.M.B. II?

els likes this.
  18. Mitchell Rish

Mitchell Rish
    from Houston MS

Nope. Just kinda falls that way. These are all we got. All in on secret location.

19. GlassThamesDoug

GlassThamesDoug
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Mitch, which car is ready except motor. I got a couple of spares that need to run. You can borrow it till yours is ready. Are you setting up for small cube or larger 383+

20. Mitchell Rish

Mitchell Rish
    from Houston MS

Gearing at 514 and 488 respectively. Or is it 487 for. 9 inch. Will turn the crap out o them reguard less. The Prefect will be a legit DZ 302. We are trying to get all interior and rest done. The engine / drive train is the easy part. But thanks for the offer.

els, GlassThamesDoug and loudbang like this.
  21. GlassThamesDoug

GlassThamesDoug
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Nice, yeah I have a 302 Std Bore just need to add the Hilborn cover Milodon Cover and the bottom end is done. Have a MO style 302 SJ...staged as well... Love to see the Prefect.....rolling ...

22. Mitchell Rish

Mitchell Rish
    from Houston MS

Ok. Pictures won't show it but it's been a busy couple of days. I finally got all the tabs for seat belts etc welded in. Hard to see but I gave the passenger side the same tabs as the driver. Yea I know that NHRA and who ever else will never let a passenger ride but I had the tabs so why not. Also fixed and filled the space around the roll cage as it comes up through the floor. I will use epoxy to finish this. And seal the 1/4 inch gap with grey silicone.
    Also got a different set of slicks mounted on the wheels so it sits like we want it. ( with out having to air them up every day).
    Bill got a lot of work done on the Opel -got the firewall done and the pattern for the dash panel. Removed the rat for some room to work.

Attached Files:

23. Mitchell Rish

Mitchell Rish
    from Houston MS

Got the dash pretty much fitted on the 41 Willys. It will still be a bolt in. Will paint dash same color as the outside. The group decided the color will be a metallic bronze-orange outside. The inside will be tan/beige. Gonna probably do a lizard skin at various areas.
    Bill got a lot done on the dash in the kadet. Got it formed and the two step seam will not hardly be visible from inside.

Attached Files:

24. Mitchell Rish

Mitchell Rish
    from Houston MS

Bad news guys. Bill Johnstone (owner of the Opel) is in the hospital. Started as what we thought was gall bladder. Add pancreatitis and now some kidney issues. He's in a lot of pain.
    Want him back in the shop. Not the same when he's not there. Prayers please.

25. loudbang

loudbang

Tell Mr. Johnstone that he has people on the HAMB pulling for him.

Atwater Mike, 1947knuck and els like this.
  26. Mitchell Rish

Mitchell Rish
    from Houston MS

Thank you. And I most certainly will.
    Mitch.

Atwater Mike, els and loudbang like this.
  27. Mitchell Rish

Mitchell Rish
    from Houston MS

As of today Bill is out of ICU. Will be a while. That's the best I info we have.
    Got a pile of parts coming in and it's getting bigger. Maybe buy that time we can get things back to normal

Last edited: Apr 11, 2017
    els, craig b blue and loudbang like this.
  28. Mitchell Rish

Mitchell Rish
    from Houston MS

Got a great deal done yesterday. Got head rest welded in. Cool trick for helment pad. Use the center pad for a steering wheel. Got parachute lever bracket in and got the switch panel brackets in as well. The pictures are not that good. Was in a hurry.
    Bill has improved still got a long road though. Prayers

Attached Files:

Atwater Mike, els and Mort Fort Hill like this.
  29. loudbang

loudbang

That was a neat trick using the steering wheel pad. Tell Bill we on the HAMB are pulling for him.

30. An action packed thread with 3 cars at once, you're doing some great looking work too.