Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Prefect / Willys /Kadett Gasser Build.

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Mitchell Rish, Jan 6, 2015.

1. Mitchell Rish

Mitchell Rish
    from Houston MS

Finished /buttoned up. Masked and painted. Still have to do fire up on stand etc but trying to get all 3 bullets completed sealed and get to transmissions.

Attached Files:

2. Deuces

Deuces

Very nice!....:):cool:

Atwater Mike and loudbang like this.
  3. loudbang

loudbang

Spiffy. :) Which of the cars are you trying to get finished first?

427 sleeper likes this.
  4. Mitchell Rish

Mitchell Rish
    from Houston MS

Willys is the first slated. It’s painted( still gotta do a final cut and buff) /interior/ wired /plumbed and other than trans is ready to go
    The Prefect is ready for paint /wire/power train.
    Kadett still has to be fitted for Wes and finish the interior /paint wire./etc.
    Wes sent off the Hilborns to Alky Digger earlier this week.that should have that engine buttoned up so we can get started on 3 glides

5. Mitchell Rish

Mitchell Rish
    from Houston MS

The Willys engine painted and ready to join the other one. Yes I know the stacks have to be addressed. Gotta figure to what color and wether to attempt to polish or powder coat. Orange/silver-chrome /or black.

Attached Files:

6. Mitchell Rish

Mitchell Rish
    from Houston MS

Round one

Attached Files:

Deuces and loudbang like this.
  7. Mitchell Rish

Mitchell Rish
    from Houston MS

Finished off the willys mill. Wes is waiting on injectors. Moved the Prefect to the small shop and the Kadett saw light of day for the first time in a long time and we moved it to the big shop with the willys. Yes it’s official. It is back under construction also

Attached Files:

Spoggie, sidewayzz69, swade41 and 7 others like this.
  8. loudbang

loudbang

:eek: You are forgetting the extra one the 57 LOL

9. Mitchell Rish

Mitchell Rish
    from Houston MS

Technically it is being built as my last street car. Lol. Reason it is not over at the river where the race cars - never took a car over there that didn’t wind up on the track lol

mad mikey and loudbang like this.
  10. Way too much cool stuff in one location, thats not fair. You must be so busy, why not send that Kadett over the ocean and I can help building it without return to sender label :p

GlassThamesDoug likes this.
  11. Mitchell Rish

Mitchell Rish
    from Houston MS

Enloe has first dibs on that. He’s been on my back about that for several years. Lol

12. Mitchell Rish

Mitchell Rish
    from Houston MS

Old Mr Gasket valve covers and breathers for the engine that’s going in the Opel. Got a little done today.

Attached Files:

swade41, slayer, mad mikey and 3 others like this.
  13. Mitchell Rish

Mitchell Rish
    from Houston MS

Opel power plant detailed.

Attached Files:

14. Mitchell Rish

Mitchell Rish
    from Houston MS

Test fit of Hilborns ( back from alky diggers ) on Opel.

Attached Files:

swade41, Deuces, mad mikey and 2 others like this.
  15. deucetruck

deucetruck
    from Missouri

Some great looking engines there. I like your attention to detail. Keep posting those pictures!

loudbang likes this.
  16. Mitchell Rish

Mitchell Rish
    from Houston MS

Last set of Hilborns was so untouched the bolt holes had not been enlarged. Almost always a requirement. I take as littl as needed Because once It’s cut there is no undoing it. You almost never see a set that is not anymore

mad mikey and loudbang like this.
  17. Mitchell Rish

Mitchell Rish
    from Houston MS

The Opel bullet is complete. It will run a conventional dist.

Attached Files:

Atwater Mike, swade41, Deuces and 4 others like this.
  18. All of your cars, parts and engines are extremely dangerous. Send them all to me and I will properly dispose of them.:D Seriously ,this stuff is just to cool, and fantastic to look at.:)

427 sleeper and loudbang like this.
  19. Mitchell Rish

Mitchell Rish
    from Houston MS

Living the dream. And still hopeful for everyone.
    Probobly the best pieces I’ve ever had at one time with exception of the 417 Donovan we had. Wasn’t really Hamb material. We intend to build our own transmissions as well. Might as well we do everything else in-house and Bill was our trans guy. Marion was our machinist. Wes joined the League of Extroidinary Gentlemen and now will complete the Opel. He and Mick and Marion were part of the dirt track wars that happened in the 70sand 80s.
    No replacing Bill or Marion but he’s one of us was actually long before I was on the scene.
    We lost Bill and Marion and Mrs Joyce in the last year and 1/2 and still I am hopeful. I have to be or why bother.I owe it to them and others that were good to me when I was running on junk and borrowing stuff every weekend.
    We all left the main scene years ago for one reason or another. Time has been our friend. I will live and build all I can while I can.
    And thanks for the compliments. I consider each day a gift. God Speed.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2021
    loudbang likes this.
  20. roddering

roddering
    from Arizona

The Anglia is Kool!

Spoggie and loudbang like this.
  21. roddering

roddering
    from Arizona

Very Kool!

22. Mitchell Rish

Mitchell Rish
    from Houston MS

Glide build number 1 /for Willys. Got the pump speced/and everything checked out. It looked all most like it had no miles at all. No real modes since not running a trans brake. Got the shift lever /etc set up in case. Again if I didn’t know any better I would say this trans had very few miles on it. I have never done one totally solo. Usually Bill did ours /or another guy and it’s just time. It’s the only thing that we don’t do in-house other than/shorten our own axles. We have the machine to do so and to be honest the machine is far more capable than the operator. May try to work on that also. I like the idea of being independent.

Attached Files:

23. GlassThamesDoug

GlassThamesDoug
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Good to see one broken down. Does appear to look like new.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2021
    loudbang likes this.
  24. Mitchell Rish

Mitchell Rish
    from Houston MS

I degreased with brake clean on the metal stuff and air dry. That’s it. It was really spotless to start with.

loudbang and GlassThamesDoug like this.
  25. Mitchell Rish

Mitchell Rish
    from Houston MS

Reverse piston assembly in. Pulled it back out the first time. Didn’t feel right. Air pressure checked the second time - much better. Putting a slightly used set of red frictions. Eddie says since no brake on this one no point in other wise as long as they and the steels looked good
    Cleaned and soaked frictions / sanded the steels cleaned and soaked and reinstalled. TSR book says if all is kept original /as well as no brake let it ride I like things with in specs and it’s on the high side. Might put another steel in and close it up some. Eddie says run it.I am trying to learn and master this now. It’s a big deal that we get independent with everything. Just something we like to be.

Attached Files:

Deuces, loudbang and rod1 like this.
  26. Mitchell Rish

Mitchell Rish
    from Houston MS

Note to self. When checking the reverse clutch set up make sure not to use too much air pressure or you ruin the o rings and get to tear down clean up and replace them-again.This was not my day- but its all good. That's why they make /sell more than one set .

27. Mitchell Rish

Mitchell Rish
    from Houston MS

Finally have reverse pack in and specked out. All is good. Installed planetary and getting ready for band and high gear clutch pack. Double check double check double check.
    And by the way. 25psi max to check reverse pack. And you better not go past it. Ask me how I know.

Attached Files:

28. Mitchell Rish

Mitchell Rish
    from Houston MS

Got high gear pack in and the servo set up. The high gear pack was ordered from BTE and I am going to call and make certain that the did put the seals and o rings in the pack. Can never be to sure and you know what assume spells.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 19, 2021
  29. Mitchell Rish

Mitchell Rish
    from Houston MS

Good news. I don’t have to pull it back down. The seals came already in the high gear drum.

loudbang likes this.
  30. Mitchell Rish

Mitchell Rish
    from Houston MS

Pump is in. Valve body / servo tube and tail housing next. Tube is being a pain. I am not one to beat something in. It’s supposed to go into position with out that. But it was tempting. Debur /and assembly lube. Patience. Patience.

Attached Files: