Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Prefect / Willys /Kadett Gasser Build.

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Mitchell Rish, Jan 6, 2015.

1. Mitchell Rish

Mitchell Rish
    from Houston MS

I like sneaky Pete's/ Ohio George's idea on pruned blowers. Seems to me that a 6/or even 8 v71 or 92 has half that work already done and a lot cheaper than the 6-71.( end plates are the same as are the drives.I figure Ill get one with the 4 bolts holding the ends ( which the B and M / Weiand /Holley street blowers also use)- ( one bolt in each corner). That is how I mounted my first blower with the Chevy Six. I got a Mill and I am not afraid to use it. What can I loose a 30-50 $ core at worst.Drill and thread/ bolt the case - from bottom of the plate /manifold.Pete and Ohios weight reduction disease was a racers racer idea. Plus Ohio Had the Prefect of Prefects.

mad mikey and loudbang like this.
  2. Mitchell Rish

Mitchell Rish
    from Houston MS

Finished battery box mount. Don’t like the cam lock system for the top on the Moroso Battery Box. Changed it over to wing nuts using the inserts to anchor the 10 -32 bolts and then use the wing nuts from the top. Sorry. I don’t like blind bolts.Put the breather tube in the bottom left corner because the battery charge bungs are the side post /and the actual cables use the top post and will exit the right side to master cut off switch and charging bungs on the right lower panel

Attached Files:

enloe, mad mikey and loudbang like this.
  3. loudbang

loudbang

Wingnuts are much gooder. :)

enloe and mad mikey like this.
  4. Mitchell Rish

Mitchell Rish
    from Houston MS

Finished throttle linkage. When pedal is on floor and injectors are wide open I can take the locknuts off and the stud will slide out with no binding. Add light return springs and a safety foot strap to the go pedal and it will be perfect
    Mick and I also inventoried all of our electrical supplies /wire /connectors/switches panels/and relays. And we acquired Actually Mick acquired a little set up that puts a line /mark /sign on the wire using a set of permanent sharpies. Any color you want. It’s pretty simple. Who ever thought of it was pretty slick.Uncle Norms I think was the name.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 2, 2020
    enloe, loudbang and mad mikey like this.
  5. Mitchell Rish

Mitchell Rish
    from Houston MS

Got the door latch mechanism readjusted. First click latch every time.
    Also started the mount of the fuel shut off cable. Drilled for bulkhead seal and measured cable for mounting. I am out of 1 5/8 adel clamps that I use to mount cables and shifters and such. Need to restock

Attached Files:

6. loudbang

loudbang

How about the windows, roll up nice and smooth after being messed with so many times LOL :rolleyes:

enloe and mad mikey like this.
  7. Mitchell Rish

Mitchell Rish
    from Houston MS

Yep. I think we have them perfected. There was another silver lining to that.Our rechargeable drop light had gone missing. When I opened up the door panel to adjust the latch mechanism. There it lay in the bottom of the door. Lol.
    I know of a certain bbc that when I pulled the intake years ago had a screwdriver laying in the lifter valley. Ray Swink was a superstitious fellow. It was a homemade L88 and a bad actor. When it went back together Ray laid it back in there. When that vette sold the new owner was informed and to my knowledge that car and engine is still pretty much In tack and will still spit half shafts like no ones business. True story.

8. Mitchell Rish

Mitchell Rish
    from Houston MS

I often think about how bad I would be about certain things if I ever built another street car.
    I never had the funding at the time when I was younger or simply was just trying to make the race. I think about how much effort we used to put in just to stay competitive with the guys who had money. I built my first altered while I was in college for under 4500$. Used everyone else’s cast offs. Haven’t lived till you run a set of 180 headers upside down and backwards because it would annoy certain people. The collectors came out right behind the front wheel and usually were pointed at the opponents windshield. And it was competitive. Wow those where the days. But I remember them fondly.

Attached Files:

swade41, Gammz, Blown Red Ram and 2 others like this.
  9. Mitchell Rish

Mitchell Rish
    from Houston MS

Finished mounting fuel shut off cable. Had to mount seat /steering wheel/diagonal swing out door bar/ etc to make sure to make sure it was where I wanted it and within easy reach without looking.

Attached Files:

mad mikey likes this.
  10. loudbang

loudbang

Nice work as usual. :)

mad mikey likes this.
  11. Looks good, nice placement .

loudbang likes this.
  12. Mitchell Rish

Mitchell Rish
    from Houston MS

It is literally at your finger tips with the adel clamp instead of my normal welded tabs it can be adjusted /moved for a possible driver change in that event.I won’t permanently attach the seal/cable grommet until it’s finished for good. There is also an inch of clearance between cable and headers. Yes that mock up engine can even support the headers when bolted on.

Last edited: May 17, 2020
    loudbang likes this.
  13. Mitchell Rish

Mitchell Rish
    from Houston MS

Haven't gotten much done.Prayers please. Bill is back in Hospital. Seems to be a gastric issue-but He's dropped about 30 lbs in about 3 weeks / and nothing is staying down / or in. You will know when I know.
    Mitch.

mad mikey and loudbang like this.
  14. loudbang

loudbang

Shit that is not good news. Tell Bill we are pulling for him :(

mad mikey likes this.
  15. Mitchell Rish

Mitchell Rish
    from Houston MS

I will indeed. God Speed.

Last edited: May 31, 2020
    loudbang likes this.
  16. Mitchell Rish

Mitchell Rish
    from Houston MS

As of latest update- this is pointing to a Herniated Ulcer. That's as of about an hour ago.

loudbang likes this.
  17. Mitchell Rish

Mitchell Rish
    from Houston MS

Gonna put dash back in the Willy’s. Getting everything ready. Tomorrow. Walked under the prefect today. Couldn’t resist. It to is fixing to see some changes. It’s time

Attached Files:

loudbang, swade41 and mad mikey like this.
  18. loudbang

loudbang

Big problems.................... which hot rod to work on today. :) how's Bill And Mick doing?

19. Mitchell Rish

Mitchell Rish
    from Houston MS

I’ll start with Bill first.
    He has Had apparently a heart attack ( will treat with meds.)No blockages or enough to warrant a stint etc/they also suspect a stroke he’s having some issues with right side movement/some slurred speech. As it turns out this apparently was all brought on due to a intestinal infection. On a better note seems his kidneys /pancreas is well. The intestinal issue seems to have lead to aspiration issues /but lungs scanned clear. This is as much as we know. And we can’t see him for the obvious reasons. His sister Joy is relaying this info. Prayers please.
    Mick is good. We were at the shop most of the day and we got a fair amount done.
    Dash is back in. If and when I build another Willy’s I will approach the dash differently ( I won’t insist that the outer edges still be kept around the cage. ) It looks Good but the underside mounting bolts -9 to be exact are a royal pain. Also got the oil pressure bulkhead installed in the fire wall and the seal for the temp gauge is clecoed in.
    Was a productive day but Bill is /and has been on everyone’s mind.

Attached Files:

Gammz likes this.
  20. loudbang

loudbang

Well that is a little good news.

21. Mitchell Rish

Mitchell Rish
    from Houston MS

Got gauges in and starting to install the panel for terminal blocks /relays /panel leads. Typically wiring is something that has to be neat organized and totally accessible. It is not my favorite task. And it’s been a while.

Attached Files:

22. loudbang

loudbang

That is one CLEAN dash for a race car. :)

23. Mitchell Rish

Mitchell Rish
    from Houston MS

Wiring panel is underway. We have always made them large and easy to access. Relays/links and main power and ground units will all come to this panel. Will use adel clamps to mount to cage under the dash that way it can be removed or moved as needed. Will also construct a switch panel that will attach to the back of the tach for the tale tell and the light switches for tail/and head lights. Yep I kinda want to keep the dash intact.

Attached Files:

loudbang likes this.
  24. Mitchell Rish

Mitchell Rish
    from Houston MS

Panel installed. Two relays and the main power and grounds. Also making a bolt on panel for column mounted tell tail and head lights. Panel /relays and wiring will all be accessible from the panel. Better service

Attached Files:

loudbang likes this.
  25. Mitchell Rish

Mitchell Rish
    from Houston MS

Patterns for column mounted switches. Most of the day was spent mowing. But I did st least get my pattern built

Attached Files:

loudbang likes this.
  26. loudbang

loudbang

At first glance I thought it was a teddy bear doing a "Kilroy was here" thing. :)

Atwater Mike and 427 sleeper like this.
  27. Mitchell Rish

Mitchell Rish
    from Houston MS

I was thinking and up side down micky mouse when I was drawing it. Lol

loudbang likes this.
  28. Mitchell Rish

Mitchell Rish
    from Houston MS

Tell /tale and headlight switches mounted. Also mounted a voltmeter in the trunk panel near the master cut off switch to monitor battery condition. Trying to get everything mounted and the start the wiring process.

Attached Files:

29. loudbang

loudbang

30. Mitchell Rish

Mitchell Rish
    from Houston MS

Never doubt what can be hiding under your nose. Bill is still in the hospital but is improving. I was given instructions to go and pick up something from a person we mutually know. I back up to an old cotton gin. They were once everywhere here in MS. Now the company /buyers comes and picks it up in the field.
    Guess what he had secured. Yep you are seeing it. This is going in the opel. He got trans /long shifter /safety bellhousing /3count em pressure plates and solid puck clutches just like our clutch turbos had. Each pressure plate has specific weights I assume to tune the launch quality. This was a day no one would believe. I’ve owned one other Doug Nash. Check out the numbers written on each plate. The disk are brand new. Bill has always loved a Hook. Here Fishy Fishy.

Attached Files: