Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Prefect / Willys /Kadett Gasser Build.

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Mitchell Rish, Jan 6, 2015.

1. Mitchell Rish

Mitchell Rish
    from Houston MS

Completed aluminum door/ insert panels. I will satin polish them to match seat etc. The rubber nutserts (6 per panel)will make installation nice and straight forward. I learned that the inside door panel opening is wide at the rear and narrow at the front. It may look square but I promise you it is not. The first set was scrapped because I assumed.

Attached Files:

loudbang likes this.
  2. Mitchell Rish

Mitchell Rish
    from Houston MS

Got nutserts and panels installed. They are a s square as a trapezoid shaped opening allows. After insid door handles are installed it all comes back out. Will satin polish everything so that it matches seat etc.
    Next I’ll remove door windows and the felt liners for the window track. Will mask and paint inner door /jams/and inner /outer window openings. Reassemble the interior. Then reinstall windows,mask off and start prepping for outside paint.
    That’s the plan any way. All before X mas.

Attached Files:

Dog_Patch likes this.
  3. loudbang

loudbang

LOL how many times have the windows been in and out? :eek:

1947knuck and enloe like this.
  4. Mitchell Rish

Mitchell Rish
    from Houston MS

This will make number four and hopefully the last. Lol

loudbang likes this.
  5. Mitchell Rish

Mitchell Rish
    from Houston MS

Door handles installed. And even reset the gap of the passenger door so it didn’t scrape the front cap. ( It wasn’t apparent to me until I used the paper trick to see where it was hitting. ) will officially sand/polish to a satin all panels /handles etc. and clear
    Will start disassembly and prime /prep for paint there after.

Attached Files:

GlassThamesDoug and loudbang like this.
  6. Mitchell Rish

Mitchell Rish
    from Houston MS

Ok. Stripped the doors and removed the windows for the last time. The next time they go back in it’s for good I hope.
    Will be masking and priming door jams and window openings. Then shoot the red and reinstall the windows etc.

Attached Files:

swade41 likes this.
  7. loudbang

loudbang

Windows should be mounted with velcro for the amount of times you have them in and out. :rolleyes:

Atwater Mike, 1947knuck and enloe like this.
  8. Mitchell Rish

Mitchell Rish
    from Houston MS

I am starting to think you are right may this will be the last time

loudbang likes this.
  9. Mitchell Rish

Mitchell Rish
    from Houston MS

A little sunshine before I start the masking and prep to paint doors/jams and window openings.

Attached Files:

enloe and loudbang like this.
  10. Mitchell Rish

Mitchell Rish
    from Houston MS

Door jams and window edges are painted. After paint cures windows go back in. The lighting doesn’t do justice but it is going to be red. Really red. Been cold as of late gonna work on Prefect interior next. Gonna try out the new bead roller some and make a few more aluminum panels.

Attached Files:

11. loudbang

loudbang

12. Mitchell Rish

Mitchell Rish
    from Houston MS

Second coat of metallic silver /red touch up on the Willy’s.
    Also built a stand for the bead roller /English wheel. Converted both to rollers . All wheels have locks. Also gonna convert the electric drive from the old bead roller to the new bead roller.
    Hope this makes the interior for the Prefect go faster.

Attached Files:

13. Mitchell Rish

Mitchell Rish
    from Houston MS

Ok we had a new toy show up.Sorryit was to good to resist. Right season and I always wanted one. Now I can really see what I am working on from the under side.

Attached Files:

Atwater Mike likes this.
  14. loudbang

loudbang

Wow getting all fancy on us now :) Can I have the cardboard pieces you used to use when working under it LOL.

15. Mitchell Rish

Mitchell Rish
    from Houston MS

Ever since Mick had surgery he has struggled with any work on the bottom side /and Bill isn’t much better.Dont get me wrong Mick is 6 ‘ 4 and 300 plus and he doesn’t get under stuff well any more. We also started to install air over hydraulic assist on our tubing bender and decided to try to rearrange our welders /and mobilize all of our metal working tools.Gonna try one of the swags off road finger press brakes. There have just been some times when we could have made some nicer cleaner looking brackets/motors mounts and general gussets /plates etc if we had been able to bend thicker stuff.
    Also trying to get all my valve and head machinery stuff back if I can. Just want to be as independent as we can. Probobly wont happen but I like doing my own head work. Crank and block work is cost prohibitive these days. But you never know.
    God has restored their health to a much better level. We had the extra and decided to make the move. Kinda fell into our lap. Been working like that last year or so. God loves crazy people and apparently intended it to happen. Been another good year all around.
    Merry Christmas and God Bless America.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 15, 2018
    enloe likes this.
  16. loudbang

loudbang

Well that is good news to hear people feeling better. And it's great to be here in a place where MERRY CHRISTMAS and God Bless America are not frowned upon. :)

17. Mitchell Rish

Mitchell Rish
    from Houston MS

Indeed. Thanks Loudbang. You have been ever so kind in so many ways here.

loudbang likes this.
  18. loudbang

loudbang

Just found this one. :)

look up threat.JPG

1947knuck, enloe and Dog_Patch like this.
  19. Where is this? Those logos on the tower are badass.

20. THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER

THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER
    from FRENCHTOWN

Indianapolis Raceway Park (OReilley), before they built the tower on the other side.See the logo "Home of the NHRA Nationals"?

Dog_Patch and loudbang like this.
  21. Mitchell Rish

Mitchell Rish
    from Houston MS

Now that's the stuff. Hope the Prefect / and the driver can do that!
    About to get the shop and new equipment back in order and get back at it. Probably take another week or so to finish up. Still got to get the finger brake put together.Ill send some before and after shots - Even with all that's been going on God has been very good to us.
    Mick's mother fell/ broke a hip/ had a replacement and is already mending very nicely. She is already up and getting around. That generation is called the Greatest Generation for a reason . We have for lack of a better description been all over the place . Praise God things are gonna be alright.

Atwater Mike, Dog_Patch and loudbang like this.
  22. Mitchell Rish

Mitchell Rish
    from Houston MS

o_OUp date / getting inventory and all the final details completed in the shop so buy end of next week we can get back to building . Been giving swimming lessons as of late to everything from the driveway to the ramp truck- so far pretty good;)

loudbang likes this.
  23. Mitchell Rish

Mitchell Rish
    from Houston MS

Concrete is repaired and lights are now led. So yep we worked on the Willy’s today. I got the windshield in. Trimmed the protective film back enough so as not to inhibit seating in window rubber. Rear and side window next

Attached Files:

loudbang likes this.
  24. Mitchell Rish

Mitchell Rish
    from Houston MS

Back windows in now. Will put door windows in after paint. Gonna lay out the wiring harness and start getting ready to install. Got several cable terminals /boots etc to start from safety cutoff switch and move toward the front to the main panels.

Attached Files:

enloe likes this.
  25. loudbang

loudbang

Looking good. :)

26. Mitchell Rish

Mitchell Rish
    from Houston MS

Picked up another spare bullet. Been in storage long time. Gonna fire it and see if it was worth the trouble. Supposed to be a 65 250 hp vette engine. Buy casting numbers tach drive dist and a few things I am seeing I think it’s legit
    Add it to the inventory. Will look sweet with some Hilborns. Will be back in the shop in a little. Day job is letting up a little bit. Get back to the good life.

Attached Files:

loudbang and enloe like this.
  27. 427 sleeper

427 sleeper
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Awesome score!!! It will definitely look good with a Hilborn on top. But then again, don't ALL small block Chevy's look good with a Hilborn on top?

Sent from my SM-G892A using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

loudbang and enloe like this.
  28. Mitchell Rish

Mitchell Rish
    from Houston MS

Well I just had to see what there was to the spare bullet I traded for. Previous owner really doesn’t know how long it has been sitting /in storage. But it’s been a long time.
    The factory point distributor was a dead player. And for the fire up I just dropped a hei I had laying around. No smoke /knocks / etc I was pretty impressed with the carb actually functioning as long as it’s been sitting. Can’t get the video to up load. Dang.

29. 427 sleeper

427 sleeper
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

He'll, it's a 327... 'nuff said!

30. loudbang

loudbang

Good deal.