Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Pre-winter "should I's" are starting...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by wallster, Nov 7, 2019.

1. wallster

wallster
    from Buffalo NY

Seems like every winter the same thing happens, I hang out in my garage and look at my stuff and my mind starts, "should I keep the (fill in the vehicle here) or sell it, or trade it..." This year it started early and I'm looking at my '32 Ford and thinking about a '57 T Bird somebody else has and is interested in a trade deal.
    Two things... keep the '32 Ford or scratch that itch with a '57 T Bird? and how many people get the "should I's" during the long winter?

Wally

Last edited: Nov 7, 2019
  2. I have been toying with the "should I's" all summer long too. I've got too much stuff. Just an hour ago I was looking out the back door at vehicles and thinking something really needs to go. Luckily, we don't get long winters here but I still contemplate it.

3. 2935ford

2935ford

Yup had my "should I" just a few months ago and sold off two and bought one more. What I have now may be the last before they all go away.

4. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Sold my T project a few days ago. Using the $$ for garage improvements.

5. blackanblue

blackanblue

Not a, should I, but a am going to, sell my 31 coup so it went to a good home ,now down to 1 from 3 in the last 2 years. Big project for my avatar is AC this winter and it snowed this morn, parts are on the way. Can't handle more than one at a time anymore.

6. rogg49

rogg49
    from michigan

I’ve got enough prewar parts to build almost 2 model a’s and a 50 Pontiac 2 door that is rarely driven because I’m a new first time dad. I’ve been debating on getting rid of it all.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

7. Think long & hard about this decision, when I was a new father I thought it would be the responsible thing to get rid of all the cars & parts.
    As the last car drove away I said to myself, what the fuck are you doing?
    I spent the next 25 years wanting my cars back.
    When the last kid left I couldn't find a car fast enough & have been enjoying my old hobby for the past few years.
    Now I have 1 driver & 2 projects in the waiting.
    Kind'a gives me a reason to get up in the morning.
    One difference I've noticed, not to many wrecking yards around where you can find parts for these old blisters.
    I used to love shopping at the wreckers.

8. I thought about selling my motorcycle for seed money for a project build I have been kicking around in my head.
    However, I barely have room to park the bike... where am I going to put a project car?
    Chappy

9. Chicster

Chicster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Missouri H.A.M.B.ers

Right now the only "Should I" I have is should I turn the rain gauge over to keep it from freezing.