Register now to get rid of these ads!

Pre-war Alfa Romeo 8C Monza race car....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by James D, Jul 22, 2010.

1. HotRodMetal

HotRodMetal
    from USA

I had an Alfa for a couple years. Fun car, very reliable.

2. Bluto

Bluto
    Member Emeritus

Hey Hemi

I knew you just missed but it was fun coming up with a new screen name for you :D

I thought I'd get your attention and you'd re-read also know you got a good sense of humor..... Something lacking on the HAMB sometimes

Late in the day as we headed toward Bresia several Alfas came to join the Turtle's car I was happy to put a move on each with success. The BMW would run over 120 in third and a tad over 155 in top. That's miles not KMS

Up comes a Monza You let him by and move up to his door when you here he's near done just select "3" go ahead and when I new the megaphone was in his face select top and drive off

Imagine three days of total street racing with total of 3-4 hours sleep total

It's change now. I sold that car and retired

Did that event six times last three spraying nitro in my face when no one was looking

I will put a two speed RE in the Volpi when I get around to it

I love coming outta the sun on the Autobaun AND coming from Poland the sun is always at your back in the cool morning air!

3. Glad you´re back on here Bluto, I´ve missed your insights into this stuff.

4. I was browsing an O/T Automotive forum tonight ... and stumbled upon some more pics of Bluto's Volpi chassis:

MVC-001S.JPG MVC-003S.JPG MVC-004S.JPG MVC-008S.JPG

5. Beautiful thing.

6. Chuckles Garage

Chuckles Garage
    Alliance Vendor

Now thats a hotrod!

7. Hello Bluto - nice to see you posting here again, always educational.

I would love to be able to rifle through your parts collection and put together a special!!

8. Bluto

Bluto
    Member Emeritus

Your welcome anytime

We how have all our parts crates in the ground an ccess to them!! Fist time in years...... slowly things are going on shelves

Here's a sample

There are only a couple dozen shelves now but there will be several times that when we are done And there will still be stuff in the crates too. :)

Attached Files: