Register now to get rid of these ads!

PRE - POST VIVA LAS VEGAS SHOW

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mightysam, Jan 22, 2004.

1. mightysam

mightysam

Hi,
    At last we will make it to the Vegas show this year. Me and some
    fellow Scrapers car club members from Belgium and Holland - http://www.scrapers.be - saved up some green and will fly over april 2nd and will stay around California till april 19th.

We were wondering if there were any carshows, meetings, parties, places etc worth mentioning to visit during our stay (besides VLV that is)
    in California / Nevada

shame we can't make the roadtrip

2. 55olds88

55olds88

Check out http://www.driveonline.com it has a pretty good events listing. Luck sod's I was wanting to get across to one of the VLV shows but it looks like the best I can do is a couple of days in Sept on the way home from the U.K.

3. mightysam

mightysam

Thanks 4 the link 55olds88.
    Seems there's not much going on during that period.

4. Where you going to be? Compared to where I come from there's stuff going on all the time.

I went out to LA for Hootenanny a few years ago and got about the same response (not to mention I got a lot of flak for going to Hootenanny... whatever). Donut Derelicts in Huntington has more nice cars EVERY Saturday morning than I've EVER seen in my town in one spot. I also saw more bands, cars, bars in one week than I've seen in the 37 years prior. For some folks that's an average week, for some of us it's a once-or-twice-in-a-lifetime chance.

Don't make plans, just show up and talk to people at VLV. Go with the flow and have a fuckin' blast.

Bring some of your shirts and posters along for trading/bartering. [​IMG]

5. mightysam

mightysam

Good plan Big A to ask around once we're there
    I know there's a lot goin' on (for us that is) but my last trip I
    seem to have missed all the parties and events .
    We'll be in LA before VLV to clean out our Long Beach member's fridge, maybe head up south or north and return back to LA (hopin' he filled his fridge by then)
    I'll stuff my bags with shirts and posters for sure. If I don't end up trading
    them at least I got something to wear and a lot of toiletpaper [​IMG]
    Thanks

6. mightysam

mightysam

Hey Maurice,
    thanks for the link!
    think we better shop/drive/lurk around once we're there.
    I'll send you a PM shortly.
    cheers bro