Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Prayers needed for fellow HAMB'r Zapato

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chavezk21, Feb 12, 2017.

1. Chavezk21

Chavezk21

Visited with Al on Sat. He was way better than prior week. Here is latest update from Denise: The plan is for Alonso to discharge home this Friday after his final radiation treatment. In about four weeks he will have an appointment with the oncologist, after an MRI, to discuss the effectiveness of treatment so far. In the meantime, we have lots of work to do to get his strength, especially in his core, built back up. Thankfully, I have been able to take a leave of absence to be with Alonso and help him during this time. Please keep your prayers coming.

Sent from my SM-N920V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Jet96, kiwijeff, bobwop and 6 others like this.
  2. Friends like yourself are one in a million. Denise and Al are lucky to have you. Thanks for the updates.

keywestjack and Chavezk21 like this.
  3. Praying for your friend Kevin....

Chavezk21 likes this.
  4. dan31

dan31

Prayers sent,thanks for the update of your friend.

Chavezk21 likes this.
  5. Chavezk21

Chavezk21

News from Denise today: Everything is shaping up well for my sweetie to come home Friday afternoon. I spoke with the person who coordinates the home health services. Al will be getting PT, OT, and Speech therapy starting next week. We will meet with a nurse on Sunday at our house discuss schedules, etc. We will be meeting with the nurse from the care provider assistance company on Tuesday to develop a care plan for a CNA to come a few times a week to give me help with Al's care. I feel as prepared as we can possibly be to give Al the care he needs during his recovery.

Jet96, kiwijeff, bobwop and 4 others like this.
  6. Still in our prayers. HRP

keywestjack and Chavezk21 like this.
  7. I met Al through the HAMB and subsequently moved to the area, he took me on a tour of a few of his haunts, local shops and told me who to stay away from etc... Thank you for what you are doing Chavezk21

Chavezk21 likes this.
  8. Kiwi Tinbender

Kiwi Tinbender

Yeah, Kevin, Scott and I had a good visit with Al last Saturday. We are thinking of getting a few guys together to work on Al`s 57 and get some things going. More next week when we do our Home visits. He really does seem better. For how long, only God has that answer. We will work at keeping him here, though!!

9. Nothing beats being at home after a hospital stay and I speak from recent experience. I really had little help after I got home, my kids were around and they worked. One went in later in the day so he was around in the mornings. But I had to fend for myself and was still foggy. I would have loved to have someone man the phone for me. A lot of things to jot down and keep track of.

After 2 weeks I was doing better. I had a visiting nurse come in and PT for 10 or 12 sessions. It made a big difference. The nurse was more interested in my little cat though.

Chavezk21 likes this.
  10. Chavezk21

Chavezk21

From Denise: We are celebrating having Alonso back home again. It has been a 10 week roller coaster ride, and we are hoping to ride some flat track for now. Now we are getting Alonso settled in and are working on developing a routine of care. This will undoubtedly take a few days. We will be talking with the Providence home health nurse tomorrow and setting up a schedule for the various therapies that will help Al regain his strength. In 4 weeks he will go in for another scan to determine the effectiveness of treatment thus far and then plot our next steps based on those results. Thank you again for your prayers.

11. IMG_1561.JPG Awesome news! To keep Al in everyone's thoughts, I'll bump this back up to the top with a picture of my Zapato louvered license plates. They have a place of honor in my garage.

kiwijeff, Jet96, Max Gearhead and 2 others like this.
  12. Chavezk21

Chavezk21

From Denise: al is home and we are settling in and establishing our schedule. We have nurses and various therapists scheduled to visit in the next few days to determine a care plan and treatment schedule. Once that is established, we can move forward and get Al back on his feet.

kiwijeff, keywestjack, Jet96 and 3 others like this.
  13. Good news Denise, no place like home and I'm glad you are there for him. I was too alone for my first week... and watch out if they loaded him up with laxatives at the hospital.

Chavezk21 likes this.
  14. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Great news, I am pleased he is recovering. I just lost a co-worker last week to a massive stroke, she was only 57. Be glad bros, that we are still around to enjoy this place.

Chavezk21 likes this.
  15. Awesome news. I'm sure you're very happy to have him back home. I'm also glad that he's going to be able to get the help he needs so he can get back on his feet. Thoughts and prayers for you.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Chavezk21 likes this.
  16. Kiwi Tinbender

Kiwi Tinbender

There will probably be a Kiwi sighting at Al`s place sometime this weekend.....:):)

kiwijeff and Chavezk21 like this.
  17. I had another buddy, went to the ER 2 weeks ago after dealing with the heavy snow we had, but he's home now, had a bypass just like me! Been hearing about a lot of people locally too.

18. rd martin

rd martin
    from indiana

hate to hear this, dont know him but prayers his way.

Chavezk21 likes this.
  19. Chavezk21

Chavezk21

Let me know, Ill give you the nickel tour of my mess. I will be helping a friend put the trans in his o/t mopar sat at 10 am.

20. bostonhemi

bostonhemi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sending my best wishes.

Chavezk21 likes this.
  21. Good news! Thoughts and prayers are still coming your way ....

Chavezk21 likes this.
  22. jalopy45

jalopy45

Hope Zapato is gaining, just know him by sending him some parts he was getting for a friends' jailbar truck. Still hoping to see him at the Portland Swap Meet this year.

Chavezk21 likes this.
  23. Bump for Al.
    I'm hoping Kiwi Tinbender got to pay you a visit on the weekend.

And because threads are better with pics......

IMG_20170307_102940.jpg

Chavezk21 likes this.
  24. Chavezk21

Chavezk21

From Denise: Alonso has now been home for a week and we have pretty much got our routine down. We have lots of people coming to the house to work with Alonso on the physical and speech therapies, in addition to bath aids and CNAs to give caregiver relief. If you want to visit, please just let me know a bit ahead of time, so no one shows up just as he is starting therapy. The effects of radiation seem to be lessening and Al is more alert for longer periods of time, and would enjoy a visit.

37hotrod, bobwop, Stogy and 1 other person like this.
  25. ^^^ I can only visit through the interweb.
    Can Al use the computer yet?

Chavezk21 likes this.
  26. Prayers and good wishes from our family to yours ....

Chavezk21 likes this.
  27. Jon SSS

Jon SSS

Prayers from soggy Seattle.

Chavezk21 likes this.
  28. Grandadeo

Grandadeo

Prayers for a full recovery.

Lee

Chavezk21 likes this.
  29. Prayers and well wishes for Al and you Denise. HRP

Chavezk21 likes this.