Register now to get rid of these ads!

Pranks

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 4-banger, Apr 2, 2008.

1. 4-banger

4-banger
    from Tucson

Since it is April Fools Day what are the best pranks you have pulled or heard of.

I heard one guy talking about how him and his buddies "borrowed" their friends car and parked it on a frozen lake. They then left a note on the door of his house and rang the bell. The note told the guy the car was sitting on the ice running and would eventually melt the ice enough to fall through if he didn't get it quick. I guess he did get to his car in time but he was pissed.

2. L110Mike

L110Mike
    from North OC

a year ago, i sent an email to my dad of an actual craigslist ad of an austin healy and told him that i bought it. you have to understand: i didn't have any money (was still in grad school), no place to park it, and was (still am!) working on a truck of my own, so i had no business buying it. i told him that i could easily double the money, by just doing a tune-up and such. my dad had 2 when he was my age (mid 20's) and said that it was a poor choice, and if he was smart he would've sold them and put the money into an investment and focused on his 37 chevy pick-up. i got him hook-line-and sinker. apparently, he was a little frustrated for a while, until my mom told him the date. we still joke about it to this day and have a great time working on our cars together. we call each other daily with the "hot-rod report" whenever we see something on the road.

3. I pull an occasional prank here or there..

Some pranks have lived (undiscovered by the victims)for 20+ years and some just piss people off.

They are usually long thought out processes that involve many people, agencies, and vehicular travel.

People I know sleep with one eye open...or a pistol under the pillow..

4. HOT ROD DAVE

HOT ROD DAVE

couple years ago told my old boss a truck got totaled and it went on for the whole day, hid the thing good, next day was going to let him know it was ok till night guy drove thru a construction zone and totaled the truck

oopppssss

thank god night guy had to explain thayt one

5. One time we had a big new window delivered to our dealership for the new showroom. Everyone was warned to keep the fuck away from it as it was very expensive. I took an old beer bottle in a plastic bag and smashed it on the concrete floor near the new window...I then went into the bosses office where he had a real scared look on his face. I said "Geez boss I,m really sorry!!!!" His mouth dropped open..."I,m really sorry I broke that beer bottle!!!" Get the fuck out of my office you c$$$sucker he said as he jumped from his chair....I laughed as I ran,he laughed after but man was he pissed!

6. gahi

gahi
    from Moab, UT

There were a couple guys yesterday on the local craigslist listing each others bikes for really cheap. No email links, just cell #'s. I imagine they spent all day screening calls.

7. Vance

Vance
    from N/A

At a machine shop that I used to work at, we used to break in the FNG by taking a pop can of a flavor that he preferred, wash it out and let it dry. Then we’d take it to the belt sander and sand the bottom of it just enough so that the center of the bottom of the can would fall out, (look at the can for a second and you’ll see what I mean). We’d then take said can and place it the top of his tool box and fill it via a funnel with the ubber fine dust from the sandblaster’s dust collector. When the unsuspecting mark would eventually pick up said can, either to simply move it or to take a drink, that dust would go EVERYWHERE inside his box. There were some guys who had been there for years and were still bitching about finding dust.

I also used to use what I call the ‘milk/chicken bomb’. For this, take a couple chicken breasts and a cup of milk and put them into a quart sized jar. Don’t use a Mason jar; too strong, you see why in a moment. Take that half filled jar, place it in a insignificant looking box and place in a very out of the way place, such as on the floor, under the drawers of a desk or better yet, in the ceiling panels above the mark’s desk. Then sit back and let science take over. In anywhere from a week to a month, that milk and chicken will go south and start to fester in ways that we shouldn’t talk about. When the internal pressure is too much for the jar to bear… POP! That releases the smell and the ‘juices’. Let me you, that smell is NEVER completely removed; I don’t care how good you think you’ve cleaned. This is a great way to get back at people you really don’t want to see again, but you’ll end up hearing about the stunt from those who witnessed the rath.

Vance

8. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I usually try to pull a prank on the HAMB masses. Some work better then others:D

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=254513

The one from a couple of years ago regarding the color of Big Olds's new paint got everyone unfortuantly the thread got lost in a crash the HAMB had that week.

9. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The 1st year I lived in the states I had to leave my Harley at home and was really really hurting not having one. So early one morning the phone rings and the g/f tells me its for me. A women on the other ends identified herself as from a radio program telling me that I had won a harley. I was doubtful but she asked me the local zip code and went and told the name of the local dealer. I started to get excited and she said I was to go down there at 12pm to pick it up. I was VERY VERY happy and called my mates and told them. Needless to say just before 12pm I wanted to go down there, completely jazzed. When it came out it was an April Fools joke I was livid, walked out on her and that was pretty much it. You can mess with a man a lot of ways but not with his bike, even if he didnt even get it ........ Even now I dont find it very funny.

Now Denise's thread - hahhaha now thats funny.

10. 1oldrat

1oldrat

A friend of mine took a buddies chopper for a ride.When he got back he revved it up and shut it off and dumped a quart of oil under it.He went inside and told him something broke.He came out and looked at his 25,000 dollar bike with a puddle of oil under it.The expression on his face was priceless.We let it go for a little then we all ran.

11. buckeye_01

buckeye_01

My job requires A LOT of traveling, so our management thought it would be funny to send out a long detailed email stating that we will no longer be able to charge travel time. A large portion of our income comes from traveling. Needless to say, there were about 38 engineers that were about to hang it up with one email. There was nothing in the email that stated it was a joke. April fool's aside, you don't fuck with a mans income in times like these...not funny!!

12. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

There is a HUGE difference in being cruel and being funny or humorous.:eek:

13. chuck fahr

chuck fahr
    from s.w. wis.

I knew this girl that lived in Livonia Michigan, Well she was planning a big shindig at her place. When she wasn't home I put a wild squirl in her house.LOL

14. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

LMFAO!!!!! I'm am acyually laughing out loud here at work and everyones looking :D:D:D:D

15. nexxussian

nexxussian

Not something I recommend, but at an airline I used to work for there was a story about a guy that rode a Harley to work, year round (he had a homemade trike conversion for it, yes he was still working there when I got there). He was very diligent about the maintenance of it, and parked it inside of the parking curbs at the hanger. Well he was also someone that wasn't very popular, but people there generally don't screw with a person's vehicle. So instead they put a drop or two of used engine oil under his bike every day he rode it in.

He cleaned it up, cleaned the bike, tried a different spot (several times) and wound up pulling the engine apart and 'resealing it'. Don't know if it's true or not, and it's kinda wrong, but, daaayyyyyuuuum.:eek:

This supposedly took (depending on who was telling the story) between a year and 18 months to pull off.

16. We had these 3 guys in our shop that had the same Matco tool boxes. We were working on Saturday so no one else was there. We switched the topboxes around on all 3. Monday came and we kind of forgot about it until the first guy came to work, he was on a later shift.
    Soon, we hear cussing and him banging on his toolbox. Ha hA we think to ourselves. We are eating lunch, so we were not watching him. so we hear alot more cussing and laugh a little more. So one of the guys goes to "help" him out of his predicament.. too late. This guy is reefing on the top box drawers with a 4 foot pry bar. He literally destroyed the top 2 drawers, and screwed up the whole front of it.
    Mind you, this is ANOTHER GUY'S toolbox! We all acted like we did not know what happened, the cleaning crew must have mixed them up when they were moving them around to clean..:rolleyes:

We had a guy break in a new engine at work. When he was changing out the break-in oil, we poured coolant in the drain pan with it. He did not say a thing..We come in Monday, and his engine is all torn apart, and he sent the block to get checked. It must have a crack to let all that coolant into the oil..

17. The Shocker

The Shocker

My mom gave birth to me on April fools day in 1973 ,hows that for a mean prank to play on someone...

18. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

The Saran wrap over the opening of the commode or the partially opened ketchup packet under the lowered seat do wonders for someones mood?
    It happened to me,so I can share...

A cool old dude I worked with liked to prank everyone and lived for April Fools day.He'd pull the locked toolbox drawers out as far as he could and siphon in cigarette butts,ziptie tails and papers.
    He'd get cat litter and stain grit siphoned into his.
    He'd grease the grab rails of the drawers.
    His casters would get bolts and nuts tightened thru them so the box wouldn't roll.
    After a week of spirited scamming,he got a yellow,creamy-filled diaper in his bottom drawer on Friday evening.
    Monday morning he tossed his cookies.
    Poor ol' Blaine...
    Like he said,if somebody likes you,they'll go to the trouble of messin' with you!

19. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

"There is a HUGE difference in being cruel and being funny or humorous..." and the fun is in exploring the fault line between...

20. Choptop

Choptop

take a LARGE zip tie (biggest you can find, the construction type at HomeDepot work well) and put it around the drive shaft of the marks car.

when he/she starts to move the long piece sticking out will hit the underside of the car and sound like a bad u-joint. If they stop just right the zip tie will not be visible when looking under the car.

pretty funny.

21. jd55f100

jd55f100
    from alabama

Me and some buddies where working real late getting ready for a show
    and eating nothibg but coke and willy wonka ever lasting gobstoppers

we ran out have wau through the night and desided to go next door where another buddy was buffing a car and stole his gobstoppers we then filled our
    box with grease nuts and bolts similar in size

after awhile he came over box in hand but didnt know we made a switch
    he throws the box up to his mouth to get a mouth full of candy but instead gets
    a mouth full uf nuts

we laughed

22. Vance

Vance
    from N/A

Lil John used to swap dipsticks out with longer and shorter ones...

Vance

23. Vance

Vance
    from N/A

Putting milk into a buddy's beer can when they aren't looking will wake them up too.

Vance

24. zzford

zzford

Once, I super glued the telephone reciever to the cradle, then called the guy who's station was served by that phone. Another time, I made a bumper sticker on the computer, then installed it on the rear bumper of a coworkers truck. He always backed into his parking spot, tight up against the building. The bumper sticker read "Legalize beastiality NOW !" 'nother sticker that I concieved but never used,( I didn't hate anyone that much), was "Pull me over if you think you can kick my ass !!!"

25. toddc

toddc

Put a grease nipple into someones tool box and hook up the grease gun. Apparently a City Ford classic.

A guy at work pulled a classic in the womens bathroom. I'd tell - but I think I would get asked to leave:eek:

26. beetlejuice55

beetlejuice55

i work at a frieghtliner dealership. the plan was to have a mechanic hide in the sleeper of a truck, that the fng was to pull into the shop and do an oil change on. he was going to grab the fng once he got the truck in the building and the brakes set. well, one thing lead to another, and i brought in a full gorilla costume. the guy that got in the sleeper is kind of shaped like a gorilla (short & stocky) so he put on the gorilla costume, and got into the truck before the fng went out to get it. once the fng pulled the truck in, and set the brakes, the guy in the gorilla costume, grabbed his leg. the fng about shit his pants, and he screamed like a little girl. he was trying to get the truck door open, but it was locked. he wiggled his way out of the drivers door window, and lost his boots in the process. the whole time, the guy in the gorilla costume was grunting, snorting and grabbing him. it was hilarious. he did run off to the bathroom after he figured out that it was a joke.
    the reason we did it was because the fng kept telling everyone how tough he was and how he wasn't scared of anything. well, his little girl scream proved him to be wrong.
    wish i could have video taped it.

27. beetlejuice55

beetlejuice55

cellophane stretched over the womens toilet bowl is always a crowd pleaser.

28. eaglebeak

eaglebeak

We had a new guy at work and he drove the company truck home.
    We put a sign on the back "Honk if you're gay"
    He came in the next day and said, "Gee, there's a lot of friendly people in this town".

29. dzahm

dzahm
    from NC

I had a company truck I drove home, out at night, hauled parts, etc. One morning I called the office and told the girls that I was drunk then night before (though I don't drink) and totalled the truck and got a DWI. :eek: My boss would then have to call corporate HQ and handle this. (knowing she'd try to cover this for me) When I got to work, they all came out to see the truck (pretty nice maybe 3 yrs old with 60K miles). Haha april fools! About an hour later I left and promptly totalled the truck.:( Funny when I called them they wouldn't believe me.

30. Tony

Tony

Ketchup or mustard packet's under the toilet bowl seat...folded in half, one right under each of the pad's...when someone sit's, they explode all over thier legs..and everything else..
    NO, i havn't done it, but ive provoked it and olmost got someone fired for it...seem's he did it to his supervisor at the auto parts store he worked at....

LARGE snowball ( for those in the snow belt) placed on the driver's seat of target's car, at work, in the early am hours.....Must be a sunny day though and preferably a winter car not something too nice...
    When they get out of work, they end up sitting on a very large, cold sponge......*must be friend who has VERY good sense of humor!!*

Spare wheel weight's placed inside the hubcap's....make a LOT of noise..

I had a friend (actually my bosses brother) tell me of a work place prank...a VERY good one...
    They worked for a company that did work that required lift's for duct work..basically, they did sheet metal work, tin knocking etc....
    They rolled another worker's smaller tool box on the lift, along with a welder and proceeded to lift it to the roof of the shop (around 20 foot from what he said) and WELDED his tool box to the roof beams......then put everything back and went on like nothing had changed..
    He was laughing so hard he was just about crying as he told me that....this was year's ago before job's would be lost over stuff like that...