Register now to get rid of these ads!

Praise the Lowered...how do I get there??

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by bkrpop, May 20, 2012.

1. bkrpop

bkrpop

~HAMB VIRGIN/MESSAGE BOARD VIRGIN~ So I may f*ck up this post but here goes.... I am about to lower my stock 66 Caddy, never done this before but I read somewhere that cutting the coils is a lot better than heating them up or even cutting them w/a torch...advice appreciated... Is anyone aware of anybody who makes drop kits for these cars or am I in the category of "if I want it, I must make it?"

2. Sumfuncomet

Sumfuncomet

Ya gotta do an intro....read the rules...how about some pics?

3. bkrpop

bkrpop

alright friend...i cant figure out how to introduce myself or post a pic....

4. Think you car is too new for the HAMB.

5. bkrpop

bkrpop

seriously?:confused:

6. Cant figure out how to introduce yourself?????? Just start by telling us your name and some of your personal interests. Age?.married??? kids? Read the "sticky" at the top of this page..After you introduce yourself...you can go to the Q &A page to find the proper way to post photos.And your 66 is actually above the cut off date for cars here but if you just think of it as a 64 all is good..

7. kevo

kevo
    from Keller, TX

8. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

Welcome from Indy.

9. SaltCoupe

SaltCoupe
    from Indiana

Welcome to the H.A.M.B.

10. bkrpop

bkrpop

ok I introduced myself, http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=700001, i know how to introduce myself just wasn,t sure how to post it. I took 2 coils outta the rear springs and 1 coil outta the front springs. It lowered the ride height at the frame rails 2" all the way around and didnt sacrifice the ride all that much either, i mean, it ain't riding quite like a Caddy anymore but it really isnt that bad! Only problem now is I wanted to use 57 Caddy hubcaps w/bullet centers but they wont clear the skirts now! lol

Attached Files:

11. yetiskustoms

yetiskustoms

Welcome from Oregon!

12. forty7ford

forty7ford
    from Iowa

Welcome from Iowa

13. StayGold54

StayGold54

Welcome from SoCal.

14. Fatbob309

Fatbob309

Good looking car. Welcome from AZ

15. slammed

slammed

A set of Monroe Sens-a-track shocks 2" shorter than stock length will help your lowered ride. Cross reference will be a bit of work for the part number.