Register now to get rid of these ads!

Power Valve help Ford model 94 carb

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bluestang67, Nov 7, 2009.

1. bluestang67

bluestang67

I have a ford model 94 -9199 39 to 41 Carb I am rebuilding . New to this era and the power valve has me stumped. I have the 1 that came on carb far left and the 2 that came with the kit on the right .

Which one do I use and why are there so many different ones .

[​IMG]

2. bluestang67

bluestang67

3. Automotive Stud

Automotive Stud

Most of the ones that come in the rebuild kits are rated the same even though they differ in appearance. I believe some holleys can only use the style with the smaller plunger as the larger plunger (as seen in your center photo) interferes in some carbs (especially the old holley two barrels we're probably talking about here)

If your planning on running multiple carbs your gonna have to trash them and buy aftermarket ones that are rated for a lower vacuum rating anyway. If your running a single carb, use the new one on the far right. Just make sure it fits properly when you tighten 'er down. I don't think the center one will bottom out because of the larger plunger diameter.

4. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

The smaller one is not a power valve, it's a spark control valve only used on the base of late model 94's.

5. gashog

gashog

Here's a picture of what you have to look for in the fuel bowl to avoid a clearance problem. You can grind the recess in the body casting a little higher if you need to without any problems. The main thing is to make sure the power valve is not held partially open.

Attached Files: