Register now to get rid of these ads!

Power Tour?! Anyone on it? wanna see a BUNCH of pix?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Brad54, Jun 4, 2006.

1. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

I'm long-hauling Power Tour this week with work (Year One). Being the official Company Camera Pimp, it's my job to take pix of the cars, the people, the shows and on the road.

So far, we've posted several videos and close to 250 pix. There's all kinds of cars shown, including some traditional rides I shot with the sole intention of posting on our website for the enjoyment of HAMBers.

check out the coverage at www.yearone.com, and go over to the EVENTS section on the right side of the home page. It should be a fun way to kill some time if you aren't on the Tour.

And if you ARE on the tour, stop by our trailer and ask for me...I'll be at the shows late in the afternoon, and when I'm there I'll be shooting the show, but I'll always make time to talk with a HAMBer, so tell someone at the trailer to hit me on the NEXTEL and tell me a HAMBer is looking for me.

Enjoy the pix from the show--I'll make it a point to keep finding cool stuff, not just Camaros and Tri-5 Chevys!

-Brad

2. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

I will see you on Tuesday ... in Columbia SC ...

:D

3. Stu

Stu
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

been checking out your coverage--great pics!

4. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Thinking of coming up to Columbia on Tuesday. Where is the stop and around what time is a good time to get up there...

5. THECHICK

THECHICK

Hey Brad

You gonna be the same camera pimp at thew Syracuse Nats or any RC shows? Ben nice to meet if you were- now that Year One and The Right Coast are working on shows together...

6. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

I don't know if I'll be up there or not--probably though.

I'm not real sure of the schedule for this trip-it's a little nuts; we meet in the morning, and follow the herd of Year One cars...get gas when they do, stop for food when they do, magically arrive at the show that night when the rest do! Once we get out of Florida, I'll be lost!

We've been running behind the rest of the Power Tour people, due to car troubles (But what the hell, we've been fixing them on the road, and that's part of driving rods, right?) but I'd say if you get to the shows around 2-3pm, you probably can't go wrong. There are a ton of good cars.
    And most of the manufacturers are giving stuff away, so you'll go home with some posters and whatnot.

Check out Hot Rod magazine's website for a list of the tour stops and what time things get going.

Well, time to hit the road...
    -Brad

7. I'm hoping to spectate Thursday/Friday when the tour heads from Roanoke to Harrisburg.

8. Jamie (metalflaked60,myself , and a couple of friends are going to meet you guys in Perry this afternoon. We are only 24 miles from there. if someone needs a garage or trailer let me know or even a driveway to sleep. Jimmy

9. caffeine

caffeine
    from Central NJ

ill be in NJ

10. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

The link for the tour is below ...

http://www.mytrain.com/hrpt2006.html

Boones ...
    It will be at the Colonial Center ... from noon to 8pm
    Tour info for Columbia SC ... link below ...

http://www.thecolonialcenter.com/events/e_hot.html

[​IMG]

Boones ... just get off I-26 at the #321 Highway, go towards town ( right ). Go past Piggie Park, then go past the River and go to Assembley Street. Turn left ... and go two blocks. The Colonial Center will be on the Left ... cannot miss it ...

I am going to be there ... you have my cell # :)

11. BuickinaBucket

BuickinaBucket
    from Newark, DE

I'll be in Harrisburg...

12. chopped

chopped

I looked for you guys in Gainseville yesterday, thought with it being the weekend you might come down.

13. BOHICA

BOHICA

What time will y'all be in Harrisburg? I looked on Hot Rod and some other sites, but couldn't find a time.

14. repoman

repoman

I'll try to meet when you pass through New Brunswick and follow to E-town

Rt. 18 is a complete clusterfuck right now. It's all ripped apart through New Brunswick, with a couple dangerous merges. Please tell everyone that when they get on 18 to USE THE LEFT LANE until they pass the NJ Turnpike entrance. It's the flattest, and safest lane.

15. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Not sure if I am bring the wagon or Sedan. leaning towards taking the Wagon

16. sawzall

sawzall

Looks like my boy DUCK and his dad are having a great time.. (photos from your site)

wonder how much fuel that blown big block is using up??

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Just couldn't get away this weekend. I ran in to Brad54 today at the yearone trailer.

18. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Just got back from the Columbia stop. Hung out with Deuce Roadster.. chatted with Duck, seems to be having fun. He and his dad were looking at the Map for a stop over at Latimore and the Musuem..

Had a blast looking at all the cars. Little to no traditional stuff, but since I also enjoy muscle cars and hotrods I enjoyed it (nice change to seeing only primer stuff). Some trick engine compartments and getting to see the new Concept Camaro in person was cool.

I will post a link to pics later this week.

19. Yeah I did run into Duck and his dad just before I left Friday. you are right about the new camaro, it rocksjust had to post the cuda too....jimmy

Attached Files:

20. Clark

Clark

I'll be helping at Latimore. It's supposed to be a stop along the way.
    Clark

21. SUHRsc

SUHRsc

i might stop thursday at harrisburg farm show...anyone know if you can just drive in? or does it cost something?
    i'll drive my roadster if i know i can get in

zach

22. I couldn't get off work today and the J-bird still has no rearend so I decided to sit at the rest area at the Georgia, South Carolina state line (on the clock, TELL ME I CAN'T HAVE THE DAY OFF) and watch the show. DANM the cars came by from 12:15 till I had to go at 3:45 (or I was going to be on OVERTIME) and they were still coming by when I left. I did see a coupleof dozen traditional rides come by but mostly street machines. Not a bad showing. There were a dozen or so guy's from here in Augusta that made the run to Columbia this morning that I talked to and they said ateleven o-clock ther was about 1200 cars in the lot and the cars from the TOUR had not shown up yet. Wish I could have gone.

TTIIIIIMMMMMMMYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

23. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

:)

Just got home at a little after midnight ... ( the event was about 5 miles from my house :rolleyes: ) Hung out with Boones, A-Bone and talked with Brad a little while. Not much there in the true HAMB tradition ... :( ... lots of Camaros, late model pickups and the like. I bet there were 15 of the SSR new Chevy roadster pickup thingies ...

The local speed shop had a party after the event ... and it was pretty cool.

Had a decent time ... at the Hot Rod power Tour ...
    even with all the mulletmobiles ... :D

24. BOHICA

BOHICA

I'm interested too. I'll also restate my question, does anyone know what time the Harrisburg show will start? I really want to go, but can't afford to miss much school.

25. Humboldt Cat

Humboldt Cat
    from Eureka, CA

Brad- really diggin' yer on the road coverage! A real wonder of technology to get sneak peaks months before it hits HRM print. Last year they did a feature on a buncha guys in a lowered '56 Chevy wagon, and spotted the rust-and-sky blue '56 in yer shots, any chance in getting more video or interviews with them?
    Anyway, though some of us can't make it, it's quite a tour yer giving us, thanks! How's the rear on Grumpy holdin' up?

26. Bills 50

Bills 50
    from Roanoke Va

I cant answer about Harrisburg directly...the Roanoke-Salem Va show-gathering is scheduled from noon to 8. Hope this helps a little.
    Bill

27. BOHICA

BOHICA

Helps quite a bit, thanks.

28. Bills 50

Bills 50
    from Roanoke Va

More info...cars expected to arrive between 11 and 3, no charge to spectate...am on the way will take pics of HAMB type cars.
    Bill

29. i'll be in NJ too...

30. Duck

Duck
    from Pasco, WA

The Power Tour has been crazy! I think the Merc is getting about 12 mpg. We stop about every 2 hours for gas.

I get to stay one night here at home (~ 30 min from Harrisburg), then we hit the road again tomorrow for Englishtown.

Brad - I stopped by the Year One trailer and you were out shooting pics, I'm gonna stop by when we get to Jersey! My dad appreciated the pics of his car.

If anyone is in Englishtown, stop by and say "hey" and have a beer!

-Duck