Register now to get rid of these ads!

Power To The People

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Mar 22, 2013.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

2. NEWFISHER

NEWFISHER
    from Oregon

Waaaay better than a carboard box full of pizza!

3. MRpants

MRpants
    from pea ridge

Been waiting since December. Looks rad.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

4. Thanks Ryan! I, like you, always assumed they were the small stapled together magazine style books. Looks like a great investment.

5. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

Ryan...

Very cool ! I don't have any of those early ones in my collection...so this is a must.

The "memeographed" pages would be amoung the most valuable originals...as they were the most fragile. (An early version of a "hard copy", run-off on a special printing machine with low-quality stock, and they sometimes smelled terrible due to the blue ink they used ! We used to get some of those at school when I was a kid.)

Jonnie www.legends.thewwbc.net

Last edited: Mar 22, 2013
  6. White button up shirt?
    No casual Fridays at World Headquarters?

Last edited: Mar 22, 2013
  7. Pinstriper40

Pinstriper40

I can't wait any longer! I shouldn't have watched that...

8. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Kool, glad they are being shipped, I hope to get mine next week....Thanks for the peek.

9. SUHRsc

SUHRsc

Can't wait! ... pre-ordered at the first chance...
    thanks for the video...

10. Jkustom

Jkustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Man.. I want that. I don't thing my piggy bank will get me there though. :(

11. Anyone who loves custom cars will want one of these. The original Dan Post books are classics. I think the neatest thing about them is that many of the cars featured weren't seen anywhere else, so you have a chance to see a lot of rare and unusual stuff.

12. You sold me,,I just ordered mine. HRP

13. bigm

bigm
    from Orange, CA

Thanks for the informative video.
    I have an original yellow / blue Restyling Your Car that I've had since high school.
    Don't remember how I got it, but went nuts when I first laid my eyes on all those old pics.
    Some great old customs and some weird ones in that book.
    That was one book that got me hooked on customs.
    Can hardly wait for the mailman.

14. I did of course put an early order and I'm waiting for it.

15. Spooky Two

Spooky Two
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

waiting... and willing to wait.
    I won't be "reckon" the initial thrill by watching Ryan's video.
    I just want to peruse them slowly page by page. Absorbing fully and completely.
    Why heck, I am still only about half way through the Jalopy Journal #2. And have NO idea what yet waits ahead...:rolleyes:

16. G. Hacker

G. Hacker

Hi Guys...

When I was doing my initial research into Dan Post and working to uncover all books and the stories behind them, I met with all of the employees of Dan Post from the late 40s thru 1955. And of course I worked with the Dan Post family as well to document all known history from 1944 thru 1955 (at which time Dan Post moved away from cars to other interests in publishing).

One of the early stories I found was Dan Post's plans on creating a "photo sharing" approach to customs as early as 1945. This was before he had put together his first photo book (California Custom Car Photo Album) in 1947. The image below is one of these letters from Dan Post discussing his plans when he was still in the military and World War II was in its final days. This letter is not in the books from "The Rodder's Journal" but the publications he was making available to the public are in every book from TRJ - something that was the result of a 3 year research project and which I donated on behalf of the Post family and others who contributed, to make this possible.

Hope you enjoy :)

[​IMG]

Geoff Hacker
    www.undiscovered-classics.com
    Forgotten Fiberglass

17. Love the music. Seriously, ol Deano is the man! :)

18. Can not wait to get my set! Thanks to G. Hacker for your efforts in helping bring all this together and to Steve for making it happen!

19. Pinstriper40

Pinstriper40

I got impatient and called... I guess my set is #399 and it'll be shipped out this week or next... Thanks again to G. Hacker and The TRJ staff for their efforts! I'm sure it'll be well worth the wait!

20. G. Hacker

G. Hacker

@ DrDave and Pinstriper40.....guys....you're going to love what you see when it arrives. And...if you study the booklets based on the year they were printed, you can see how customizing evolved from the 40's thru 1955 - the golden years of Customizing your car in America. Too much fun to keep to myself, and glad you will get a chance to see this too. Best to all.....Geoff Hacker

21. greasebandit0801

greasebandit0801
    from houston

I'm number #792 they said I should have early to mid April cant wait!!!

22. greasebandit0801

greasebandit0801
    from houston

I couldn't wait so I bought another set at lonestar round up

23. Mine just came today. Fantastic is all I can say. They even feel old....I almost even wanted to sniff the mimeographed set just to see if the fluid smell was even duplicated. ;) Great, great job, guys and thank you all for making this possible for all of us to enjoy!

24. Is there any other way to get this, or do I have to have a user acct with Rodders Journal?

25. No existing account needed. Just give them a call and order a set right up. You won't be disappointed.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

26. D ROD

D ROD
    from New Jersey

Killer, a must order. Thanks!!!

27. OK, thanks. I went to order it from the link on Ryan's post and it said I had to sign in to my acct.

Ill give them a shout tomorrow.

Mark

28. Nice work, Geoff! All of your hard work has paid off. Thank you for keeping the Post Books alive, this never would have happened without you!

29. G. Hacker

G. Hacker

@Justin...Thank you for the kind words....Geoff