Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Power Steering Pump Bracket for Chevy stovebolt (261)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by inline_sixer, Feb 4, 2020.

1. inline_sixer

inline_sixer

Hey all! I'm looking to convert my '58 Apache panel truck to power steering but am having trouble finding an affordable mounting bracket for the power steering pump. I'll be dropping in a 261 inline 6 and was wondering if anybody had any suggestions? I picked up a Saginaw PS pump at the Lonestar Roundup last year for about $20 and am hoping to use that. I've found one setup that relocates the generator/alternator to the top of the engine by the head, but that one runs between $200-$300! I'd like to find a more affordable alternative, or see if anyone has successfully modified small block chevy brackets to work on a stovebolt 6?

2. fastcar1953

fastcar1953

62 impala had it as a option on 235 , should be the same as 261 . 1962-Chevrolet-Impala-Engine.jpg

3. inline_sixer

inline_sixer

Really? I didn't know that was a factory option in that type of setup...I've only seen the original generator/PS pump combo. I'll start searching the interwebs, thanks!