Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Power pole + falcon = BAD day

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by falconsprint63, Oct 9, 2018.

1. falconsprint63

falconsprint63
    from Mayberry

Automatic. Parked on a hill. Slipped out of gear while i was at work and was brought to an abrupt halt by a telephone pole 100 feet downhill.

Adding insult to injury i almost drove her to work today and changed my mind at the last minute in favor of air conditioning.

Leads on parts appreciated. Going to need hood, core support, fenders, valance and grille. 20181009_125511.jpeg 20181009_131738.jpeg 20181009_131755.jpeg 20181009_134727.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G950U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. Budget36

Budget36

Ouch!

Damn that has to hurt.

loudbang and Stogy like this.
  3. Where are you located?
    There are a few falcons on the Ontario Kijiji for cheap ( parts cars or big time projects)
    There are 2 6 cylinder 4 doors on there now as well.

That sucks what happened but at least no one was hurt or worse! Tin can be fixed

4. Deuces

Deuces

5. Same thought went through my mind.

6. Man, I am sorry to see this, I hope you can locate the correct hood and get the car back on the road soon, I know you have to be sick about the damage. HRP

Stogy likes this.
  7. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ouch.. E-Brake is always your friend.. Auto or stick.

Speedy Canuck, loudbang and Stogy like this.
  8. That could have really been some kind of tragedy that stayed with you for life. Thank God it was just a pole. You’ll get it going again soon and still have a clear conscience. Sorry for the hassle though.

loudbang, lothiandon1940 and Stogy like this.
  9. falconsprint63

falconsprint63
    from Mayberry

North carolina

10. Well, the hood is toast for sure. If you still have a old-time bumper shop around, yours could be straightened and rechromed (I've seen worse fixed), although new repros are now available and will likely be cheaper; Mac's and others carry 'em. The downside to the repros is they use thinner-gage metal, they're a bit flimsy. The valance can probably be saved, same goes for the grill as long as it's not badly torn; Ford used pretty soft aluminum on those. Nice grills are bringing big $$$, I'd try saving yours first. Fenders/headlight doors look fine, and I doubt if the damage to the header panel is enough to make it worth changing.

Nice car, and a real bummer for sure....

11. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

12. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Totally fixable.

mgtstumpy, nochop, loudbang and 3 others like this.
  13. dalesnyder

dalesnyder

You didnt say what years parts will work, and im no falcon expert. There is 65 falcon for sale on clist a few miles from me. If i can help in any way , let me know. Its on baltimore craigslist.

14. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Damn - some days just can't win - how did you find out that it escaped from your place? place Wanted Ad here - threads disappear quickly

15. '62-63 for the hood, valance and bumper, '63 only on the grill....

16. FalconMan

FalconMan
    from Minnesota

I have all the parts you need in Minneapolis.... from rust free western cars.

Sent from my SM-G965U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Sporty45, BAD ROD, jim snow and 5 others like this.
  17. ken bogren

ken bogren

OUCH!
    Thankfully it hit a pole and not a kid.

18. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Good reminder. I park on hills a lot. Few years ago a local guy stopped on an uphill, put it in park and got out to throw some trash in a can. Slipped out of park, door knock him down, truck ran him over, dead.

Man that is a sweet Falcon. Will be again.

19. Beanscoot

Beanscoot

I don't think you need fenders.

20. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

21. deathrowdave

deathrowdave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from NKy

Man that hurts deep and wide , just be thankful no one hurt or killed . I don’t understand the slipping out of park . Once it is set in park you usually have to pull the shifter towards you ( raise ) to remove it from park just for this reason . But that’s water under the bridge now , I live on a hill myself , so much all my stock has legs on one side shorter than the other side . A wheel chock is also on order I hope . A good oldtimey body man can fix up most of what you have , grill is a huge issue as as stated they are super soft lightweight material , for a manufacturing reason , cheap to make . Core support can be fixed for sure , they are a bit tough to locate not rusted out. They are a weld in part also best as I can remember . Good Luck , it will all come together just may take some time

22. Sorry to see this.
    I've had 2 fords slip outta gear [or park]. One was a 62 pickup that slipped outta gear and ended up in a neighbor's mobile home. Other one was a 75 van that slipped out of park while idling, slipped into reverse and trapped me between it and another car.
    I'm a little spooked by fords now.

23. theburningbush

theburningbush
    from Tacoma WA

How did you get out of that situation? And how long did you own that vehicle afterwards?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

24. waved down a guy to drive the damned van offa me. Was shop truck.

25. Truck64

Truck64
    from Ioway

Damn.
    The "belt & suspenders" way - not trying the "told ya so" BS here, just trying to help others -

when parking on a hill - if pointing uphill, ease the car out of gear and let it roll back slightly while turning the wheels at the same time away from the curb and ease the curbside tire into the curb. The car can't roll downhill this way. Then, apply the parking brake firmly. Finally, place it in Park. If it's a manual, put it in reverse. Done in this order, it also keeps the car weight off the A/T parking pawl. If parking facing downhill do the same routine, just point the wheels into the curb.

Speedy Canuck, Boryca, blowby and 2 others like this.
  26. You'll get past this. I'm so sorry for the damage. I can be assured in saying that the entire HAMB feels your pain.

Sent from my Pixel XL using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

loudbang likes this.
  27. Scary situation. Could have gone so wrong if a kid was on a bike in the street. Good luck with the fixes. Looks like a great little Falcon. Hope it wasn't bumped in the rear by an errant parker, could have damaged the transmission, just what you wanted to hear, right!

loudbang likes this.
  28. falconsprint63

falconsprint63
    from Mayberry

Neighbor messaged and told me to call asap.

29. falconsprint63

falconsprint63
    from Mayberry

Can you message me prices and pics. Waiting on the adjustor but plan to fix at this stage.

30. falconsprint63

falconsprint63
    from Mayberry

Questionable. The buckle is worse in the passenger side. We'll see if it retruns to normal shape when unbolted