Register now to get rid of these ads!

Power of the HAMB

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 52 HenryJ, Dec 14, 2007.

1. 52 HenryJ

52 HenryJ

Here I sit with out power for the 5th day in a row. :mad: But at least I have a lap top, and the HAMB to keep me going. Thank goodness for batterys and the HAMB. --- John in the frozen midwest

2. fergenboysinc

fergenboysinc

That sucks! I have a generator if you want to come and get it.:D I think we sent people from town down there to help get you back going.

3. FritzTownFord

FritzTownFord

Hang in there dude, summer's just 10 more snow storms away :-0

Got a buddy in Derby KS, Rusty Customs. I've told him KS has the absolute hottest summers and the absolute nastiest winters - all in one great state!

Hope you've gat a wood stove.

4. 52 HenryJ

52 HenryJ

Yeah 6 states worth of electric company's:eek: I think the most frustrating part is we get it back up and the another tree falls. but all is good here in all, gotta look up and be thankful for help.

5. fergenboysinc

fergenboysinc

To bad those guys I know are at your local bar right now, if I know them..Ha! If it did that up here it wouldnt thaw for another 4 months! Hang in there man!

6. 52 HenryJ

52 HenryJ

Oh its all good got some rogue beer, gotta love dead guy ale!! and a power inverter on my service truck so I'm better off than most but how's Nosurf or poverty flats anyone hear??? Kinda worried bout them.

7. Big Dad

Big Dad

Not many trees in Kansas .. You must be a unlucky bastard !

Just kidding, winter sucks ..:(

8. 52 HenryJ

52 HenryJ

yup, wanted to live in the woodlands next to the river:eek: got pic if ya wanna see em

9. brewsir

brewsir

Thanks for reminding me why I left Garden city 25 years ago....damn I hated winters in Kansas...almost as much as summers!!

10. 34Fordtk

34Fordtk

Sounds like I would be looking for land in a warmer state. Hang tight man use the HAMB to keep you warm....

11. 52 HenryJ

52 HenryJ

Oh any time I can help out:D like I said pray for those with less than me.

12. Big Dad

Big Dad

I drive thru Kansas about 3 or 4 times a year ..
    Only thing that stops the wind is the road signs :D

But, I can see why one would like being there, At least no one can sneak up on you :eek:

13. Lucky fucker, Rogue Dead Guy Ale! Who cares if the power is out! FWIW we sent a several crews from our electric Co-op down your way this week.

14. 52 HenryJ

52 HenryJ

Best beer by far next to a good pale ale and super for these silly winters!:p

15. Our power is nuked too. About a qurter mile from our place there are five power poles down and crosstrees on several others are wiped out. Tomorrow is the wifes birthday so I took the day off, spent most of my hot rod money and bought a generator. She's definitely worth it!

16. 52 HenryJ

52 HenryJ

Yup got priority's right!!

17. Dont let him fool ya, he bought it to run a trouble light and the lathe this weekend!:p

18. [​IMG]

We were out for a full day but my parents still don't have power.

I love Kansas and I wouldn't trade it for anything!

19. Big Dad

Big Dad

Kansas state tree ... = telephone pole

20. 52 HenryJ

52 HenryJ

[​IMG] driveway before
    [​IMG] driveway now

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  21. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Don't worry about us. I've had power all along. Nosurf and his family came over last night to warm up at my place. ProtoTypeDesignFlauz and his wife came over the night before that. Both have power back on today. As well as my buddy Cuzzindeke. We do still have some friends and family that are without. I am now in the Joplin Missouri area visiting my sick Dad. You can come over too as soon as I get back home Saturday night. Keep in touch. Oh, and BTW I stopped at Curious Rash's place today and he has tree limbs down all over the place too. Tulsa area looked pretty rough.

22. 52 HenryJ

52 HenryJ

Naw I'm good and can't be without my dog for too long anyway, we are getting by. got plenty of food and have wood heat.

23. 59 brook

59 brook

sorry to hear of your troubles while its been a while since i dealt with snow and ice i was without power for 3 weeks after hurricane katrina. if you have natural gas in your home or even propane may i suggest looking into a home standby generator before next winter. they are a few thousand but as i am sure at this point for you the cost would be worth it. hope it all works out ok for you

24. Jay Rush

Jay Rush

If there something we know how to do in oregon its brew good beer when it rains 9 to 10 months a year you drink alot LOL

25. 52 HenryJ

52 HenryJ

Pretty good at that myself actually got any good recipes????

26. Jay Rush

Jay Rush

Havent Really got in to brewing yet. There a ton of little micro brewerys here its great if you like beer. I guess I didnt realise rouge was as far spread as it is i thought they were only on the west coast. I stop by ther every time we go to newport hope the weather claers up for you guys.

27. 52 HenryJ

52 HenryJ

Well it's been here for about a year and we love it!!!!! yummy and all, but send more damnit!!!!!!!!

28. NoSurf

NoSurf

Yes, Thank you Mr. PovertyFlats for the hot water and warm hospitality!

Here's a pic looking up my driveway:

[​IMG]

And here is a cool pic my wife took:

[​IMG]

And anyone that laughs about Kansas not having any trees needs to come to my house and help me trim trees and move the limbs! I have been cutting down snapped branches for three days. The limbs are too heavy to move yet since they are still covered with ice.

[​IMG]

Don't worry though, come April we will all be enjoying the Kansas HAMB-B-Q.

And we are getting 6" of snow today! Good thing I have the woodstove in the shop!

29. 52 HenryJ

52 HenryJ

Yeah, here's a few more of my little house too. But good news though power came on this morning sometime!!!:D:D
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  30. guiseart

guiseart

Gotta love it... I can't even say "if anyone needs anything, give me a shout"... I couldn't get out of my driveway this morning! We only lost power for a few minutes, but it was enough for me to go find some firewood real quick.

Kansas summers = 120 degrees, 90% humidity & killer tornados
    Kansas winters = minus 20 degrees, ice/snow storms
    Kansas spring and fall = pretty damn nice.