Register now to get rid of these ads!

Powder coater destroyed my valve covers

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lowrodderDon, Aug 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. o1racing03

o1racing03

As far as bashing him and getting sued for slander,"the truth is an absolute defense", as long as your bad mouthing is the truth, there is nothing he can do about.

2. o1racing03

o1racing03

You must be a painter. Paint is cheaper to fix, good thing cause you will be fixing much more often than powder. Cheaper to do the first time , but again, you will be paying to do it again before ever having to redo powder. And I dont care how properly you do it, paint wont hold a candle to the durability of powder. dont even get me started on the environmental issues of paint, the rules and regs and costs of running a paint shop with the EPA,etc.

3. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

That is a shame.Only thing to do know is make valve cover racers out of them and sell them on ebay.I hope you get money back plus replacement cost

4. o1racing03

o1racing03

I would find someone to call him as a potential customer and ask for referances, where he advertises, does he belong to any forums ,etc. and go through those routes to say "nice" things about him. There are a lot of reputable coaters out there like myself and Streetwerkz that belong to Eastwood.com and PBTP.com forums and share our knowledge in this business. Even if the blasting were to take off the aluminum at the same rate as the powder, I couldnt warp those like that if I tried. It was either done intentionally or through massive overheating.Word of mouth is a big thing, I like this saying that fits, "build a thousand bridges, suck one d*ck , they wont remember you as a bridge biulder".
    I'm glad it is working out for you, good luck

5. BigDogSS

BigDogSS
    from SoCal

I have a set of Corvette valve covers that I had a Corvette expert/restore "tumble" for me. They are placed into a machine with big bin full of what I call "horse pills". This is kind of like rock tumbling, but it does not polish them. The valve are placed in the bin for a few hours and they come out like new! The tumbling also "seals" the aluminum. They look awesome!!

6. Fenders

Fenders

"a lousy taped up five dollar bill, she finds this out later, no one will take it,"

Don't know why not.... If the serial numbers on both halves match, it is good and a bank would have exchanged it.

But otherwise you did the right thing... put him out of business.

7. 5window

5window

Interesting story and the guy sounds like a real ass. Might be some cultural aspects to your story, though. When I was in India a few years back, everyone uses a straight pin to hold their small bills together. However, no one wants bills with holes in them and you'd have trouble giving a small hole filled bill away even to someone who didn't even have one of them. The banks are supposed to exchange them, but won't. So he probably was just trying to get rid of a bill he thought was useless and since everyone in India does it, felt it was fair game.

But 'that guy with a coupe" is right, a US bankw ould take it-even if you only had 2/3 of the bill.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.