Register now to get rid of these ads!

Powder coater destroyed my valve covers

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lowrodderDon, Aug 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eliguzman

eliguzman

warping is from using too much air trying to blast the F'ed up powder off of them...

2. revkev6

revkev6
    from ma

from what my powder coater told me, you reheat the part to soften the coating before blasting to make it easier to take off.

3. Streetwerkz

Streetwerkz

you have to take care with heating aluminum. The more times it's heated the weaker it becomes.

we use an organic stripper that doesn't attack the substrate (base metal) and removes 95% of the original coating, followed up with a light blast.

this way we don't damage the metal, blasting off powder WILL remove the powder coat, and base metal at the same rate.

4. 29nash

29nash
    BANNED
    from colorado

Small claims court will add to your stress, you'll probably lose, because his lawyer will simply ask you to prove the valve covers were not warped to start with. More stress.

It can't be about the money, a mere pittance, so either let it go, or get some revenge.

Revenge, when dealing with pricks always brings me closure................

5. lowrodderDon

lowrodderDon
    BANNED

I have pics, before and after.

Attached Files:

6. mattblack52

mattblack52
    from Ohio

First make sure he doesn't have a dog at his shop, so its death is not on your hands, then burn his shop to the ground.

7. Darby

Darby

From their website:

"You can contact us via email at [email protected] and attach images of your project if you wish."

Be kinda fun if he got a few hundred e-mails with pictures of the valve covers he screwed up. Hey man, can you coat these for me? I heard you do good work...

8. Pez

Pez

Anonymous tip about possible health and safety issues in the workshop (don't know who deals with this over there) may get him an inspection.
    Suspected cash deals..... IRS...... if its like over here, they don't have to prove you did, you have to prove you didn't.

Lots of ways to make his life uncomfortable, without breaking any laws yourself.

9. Hey_Pauly

Hey_Pauly

That is really unfortunate.

10. X426X

X426X
    from OhiO

What a bunch of pussies.
    :cool:

11. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

maybe the death of his dog wont be on his hands ..but Arson will be on his rap sheet, as hes becoming the new "bunboy"in prison..
    Real bad and stupid idea..fires get out of control, especially with what is inside all of our shops..arson can turn into Murder real quicklike..all over some valve covers?
    Mattblack..you might wanna think about ditching this response..

Last edited: Aug 24, 2009
  12. lowrodderDon

lowrodderDon
    BANNED

yeah arson would be over the top, but I am thinking of making flyers about a burnout contest at his shop every Sat. night

13. revkev6

revkev6
    from ma

send the guy a bill for the cost of a new set. seriously. Have you even talked to him about replacement after damage??

14. A big mouth go's a long way. But several big mouths can spread out over a wide area can be more damaging in our world, this salt box is a great start in spreading the word. He needs to put his priorities in check he calls to complain about tires but can't fined the time to work.
    DEEEET TA DEEEEE

15. lowrodderDon

lowrodderDon
    BANNED

He's an unreasonable ASS! I've talked to him . There's nothing to talk about. your right Warped, everytime I was there he's just standin' around . Funny how he couldn't call me to tell me they weren't done ,but called to complain about a little burnout, Were hotrodders, that's what we do, whether were mad or happy we do Burnouts.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2009
  16. 1st dont powdercoat lesters! everyone please. lesson learned

2nd the problem is between the customer and the business

3rd try being civil to the guy, after all its just business dont let it get personal

4th make him an offer he cant refuse.

17. sololobo

sololobo

IMO--don't get yourself in trouble over a couple hunndy!! Just spread the word on the bad work and service and the bad carma dog will bite his ass. In Omaha we have Josh Trail Perfomance coatings that takes excellent care of his customers and there merch. Move on!! ~Sololobo~

18. BarneyO

BarneyO
    from here

And I sent one from Md. Also let him know that I have a friend in Wheaton Il who will spread the word locally among the car crowd there. He swings a wide loop being an Oldsmobile Nats judge.

I also referred him to this thread in the HAMB for good measure.

PS I used a throw away address so he cant send back :D

19. lowrodderDon

lowrodderDon
    BANNED

20. 94hoghead

94hoghead

I think everyone who reads this thread should email the jerk....power in numbers...

21. 35Chevy.com

35Chevy.com
    from New Jersey

Sorry for your troubles.

The good news is when you do a google search for Complete Powder Coating Crest Hill this is the thread is the 7th listing.

Word of mouth may be your best revenge!

Gary

22. hotrodwelder

hotrodwelder

Burn his fuckin house down!

23. lowrodderDon

lowrodderDon
    BANNED

Just received an e mail from BBB. they are on the case, we'll see what happens with them.

24. Streetwerkz

Streetwerkz

I have never seen valve covers warp like that from Powder coating :eek:
    looks like someone stood on them, or put them in a press, or ran them over, or...

I powder coat 20 ga sheet metal, and aluminum parts that warp slightly, until they cool down then they go right back to shape, NOTHING like this!

25. lowrodderDon

lowrodderDon
    BANNED

They were fine after he powder coated them, other than the wrong color and the texture, it wasn't until he sandblasted them that they became warped. I think for the first time he knew what he was doing. He heated them up using his sandblaster and warped this piss out of them on purpose. Just to be an ASS!

26. mattblack52

mattblack52
    from Ohio

It was a joke! But thanks for the life lesson.

27. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

yep it comes up with powder coater destroyed my valve covers with his company highlighted.

28. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

what ever dude,

jokes said word of mouth can be denied...when in print for the entire world to see is,.. ..well you can fill in the blank, you know enough about life

29. RichG

RichG

About the valve covers: bummer, sorry that happened to you. Let the word of mouth take care of this dude, he'll get what he's given.

...and this pic isn't for you, it's just something that I thought of reading this and many other threads like this:D

[​IMG]

30. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

Well i'm glad it all got worked out, IF a company treats me bad I tell people If a company treats me good I also tell people. The people who care about their buisness will do what they are able to make you happy, even if they do make a mistake or mess something up, they will try to make it right, the lousy companies just try to pass it off and say oh well. example: Have always done buisness with a gas station near my house, it's within walking distance, so i'll walk up there to buy a drink or something, been going there for ten years, Last time i walked up to buy some gas for the mower and my wife goes in to buy a drink, he gives her a lousy taped up five dollar bill, she finds this out later, no one will take it, so I go back up there, he admits he gave it to her, but refuses to exchange it, says I'll have to spend it there for him to exchange it. He must have got it from someone and passed it off to her, I flat out told him there were twenty other gas stations here and I wouldn't be going there any more, he just shrugged his shoulders. Now i was a good customer and a regular customer, I had forgotten about the other time I had gone in there and he was berating a little girl about eight for counting out her change too slow, he grabbed the change out of her hands and slammed it down on the counter. I walked out and about 5 other people left their stuff and walked out. This station is run by a group of people who like to wear dots on their head by the way, not all of them act like this,but some do. The ones who treat me right will get my buisness the ones who don't i'll let people know. same with this guy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.