Register now to get rid of these ads!

Powder coater destroyed my valve covers

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lowrodderDon, Aug 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lorodz

lorodz

i hate people who try to rip other people off...

2. 8-Track

8-Track

Tell him you need it in a hurry and you are willing to pay a rush price for it to get done right away

3. 50merc808

50merc808

with the way the economy is today and how hard it's become for a business to get good people through the door, it amazes me how some business owners are treating there paying customers! He should be ashamed of himself first for muckin up the job, then being late on his deadlines, then trying to get rid of the problem by blaming you .... ridiculous!

4. lowrodderDon

lowrodderDon
    BANNED

here's some pics, I don't know what the stains are, maybee some chaw or something. Forgot all about that. Check 'em out.

Attached Files:

5. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Owch!:mad::mad:

i wonder how that guy would look with ettevroC stamped backwards on his forehead?

6. coat em, the stain is not gonna show

7. LANCE-SPEED

LANCE-SPEED

Your first mistake was goin to pick em up at 4:20 he was probly busy?

8. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

what good is that going to do? so they look good on the wall..?

go back and look how warped they are..those things aint going to keep the oil in the top of the engine..even if they did..they would look like ass..and why spend any more money on them..good money after bad in my book

he's got a straight edge laying next to them..showing how warped

dam that guy fell asleep while blasting those:mad:

9. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

I was going to mention that too:rolleyes:

10. dizzamn! didnt see those pictures:eek:

11. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

pretty bad aint it..

I cant see how that guy felt anything other than pure stupidity..than to try and put the blame back on you?..no way

Not a man in my book... more like a weasel..and thats an insult to the animal
    dude you have to have one hell of alot of restraint..that is Shameful

12. lowrodderDon

lowrodderDon
    BANNED

I think there was pure intent on the warping, He was trying to screw them up.

13. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

whats the name of this place?..and or the Jackoff?

i found it back in the begining of the thread

14. Bettlejuice

Bettlejuice
    from WV

BINGO! It may be a doucebag-sorta thing to do, but it sure made me feel better. I "learned my lesson" gettin' hosed by a machinist... That is until I took a wrecked 460 block and had it dipped and bored, the result of which was he was the proud owner of a freshly dipped and bored trash 460 block. (it was the physically largest piece of crap I owned... I wanted to take up shop space :) )

15. Big Tony

Big Tony

Carma can be a real bitch and I hope it comes back to bite him in the ball-sac like a doverman on crack.

16. sixfink

sixfink
    from Germany

no wonder they are warped and trashed like that. :mad:

Only a chem dip suitable for aluminum and light metal alloys will positively remove powdercoating without damaging the parent material.
    Glass beads would be the only abrasive material a skilled professional would take to aluminum, and a real pro wouldn't blast powdercoated parts anyways.

Sure looks like too much pressure and too coarse abrasives. yuck!

17. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

He had to have done that on purpose, I've blasted all kinds of thin aluminum stuff, and I would have to really work to warp something that bad. :mad:

18. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

light skim with a propane torch will detach the powdercoat from the base metal, key is LIGHT. it's tough stuff but heat will destroy it, Eastwood used to sell a product that you sprayed on and it destroyed powdercoat. It doesn't look like those were blasted with glass bead, might be the lighting though, looks like sandblast stuff.

19. Please tell me that you didn't fuck up a set of Lester's !!! >>>>.

20. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

That stuff on the covers looks like starblast, if it is it's way too aggressive for aluminum, this is raw blasted aluminum on top, with a valve cover blasted,fins polished and clearcoated. looks nothing like that. Took me a couple of years to locate this one in a yard, would never trust it to someone who treated me like that, I think you are SOL on those covers. [​IMG]

21. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

I really feel for you ! That really sucks the big one and they aren't that easy to come by .
    I would check in to the BBB and see if he is a member . Also a ton of local people always look at CL so make some posts about his bad work . I have seen that done many times by locals in my state before . It's a cheap "Wake up Call " for the asshole and the pay backs a Bitch will ring his bell !
    Late one night as you are going to work stop by and do all the burn outs you can all over his parking lot ! You can even get some of your buddy's to stop and leave some marks there too !

DON'T GET MAD........GET EVEN !!!!!!!

22. biscaynes

biscaynes

'missed deadlines' should'a been your first clue. :mad:

i agree, take out his windows. too many of these lowlifes in 'business'. :mad:

23. LANCE-SPEED

LANCE-SPEED

I'm gonna try this with a plater I used to use!

24. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

be careful getting revenge at night, everyone and their grandma has cameras now, you might have to pay for the damage, and you are out that money plus your covers.

25. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

This is Starblast, I'll bet thats what he blasted it with, it's for steel, they use it for stripping bridges and stuff. we have it at work in the tumbler,nasty stuff not suitable at all for aluminum [​IMG] your parts look just like stuff that was tumbled in it.

[​IMG]

26. jimi'shemi291

jimi'shemi291

Regardless of who you deal with iN the future, TAKE NICE DIGITAL PIX of your stuff, BEFORE your take it in. THEN TELL the guy you have a photographic record of the part(s).

Just like the THREAT to SUE, telling the guy up front yo want the same shit back is prett intimidating, if he has a notion of flipping otherparts for YOURS.

E.G., when I took my '55 DeS 291 heads in for a valve job (standard, nothing exotic), I MARKED them with a sharp chissel where no one would pay much attention (IF the were up to osmething.

I don't know that it made any diff., as I trust ed the people (BUT I knew the heads had to go 110 miles away to Cincinnati, you see?)

Any-WHO, I got my own heads back, pristine & clean, and they are still on my '55.

Somebody once said: TRUST, BUT VERIFY!

27. jimi'shemi291

jimi'shemi291

BTW, I don't think anybody could have faked my handwriting, as I did it in my own handwriting style. Didn't take long. YOu put it somewhere that won't see the light of day, if you see what I mean.

28. Streetwerkz

Streetwerkz

the problem with blasting powder coat, is if you don't know what your doing you can remove the base metal at the same rate as the powder, and can EASILY destroy aluminum, or any softer alloy.

29. LANCE-SPEED

LANCE-SPEED

Streetwerkz, I was kinda skippin through this thread and saw you info above and thought he was rattin out the bad blaster, you might want to edit your post to clearify. FYI

30. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

na, he was offering to recoat another set of covers for him for free,just because of what this other idiot did, I asked him for his info because in the future i've got some work for him, anybody who would make good on someone elses screwups has to be a pretty decent guy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.