Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Povertyflats and McPherson College student team up to build modified roadster

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by povertyflats, Apr 1, 2009.

1. Thats a bloody great idea mate!
    Some may see this as a way to get some $$ in the end but I see a whole lot more in you motives for this.
    Way to go!
    Doc.

2. Kramer

Kramer

Don't forget to keep us posted on the build, no detail left out, with losts of pictures. Pretty Please.

You started yet!!! Whats keeping you.:D

3. HotRod33

HotRod33

That is cool that you are helping out and working with a young man starting out in hotrodding....

4. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA

Well, I guess no new fur coat for Mrs Poverty next winter or vacation this summer.
    Great idea Paul, nice way to promote our addiction.

5. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

That is awesome Paul! Good luck with that project and keep us posted with the progress.

6. robt500

robt500
    from Lex, KY

Wow. that's awesome. I smile

7. Abomb

Abomb

Good job, both of you. I have had the same sort of "relationship", and I learned an incredible amount from an "old guy". He didn't actually give me parts, but he sold them to me cheaply, and they came with the priceless help and experience.

By the way, I'll bet you weren't out in the T last weekend.....nice weather you had there. I went to Hutchinson and bought a camper during the blizzard.........shitty weather = good deal when purchasing RV

8. Hey P-Flats !! It sounds like Tim and You are trying to get the Secret Password to MY CLUB-HOUSE >>>>.

9. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Yeah, and if you can teach him to build engines this summer our new car could really be a contender. Teach him well......

10. Ok Mr Mayor Hah Hah !! Her's Your Sign !!!!! >>>>.

11. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Once I get my spy (Tim) in place at your shop, I will know all the secrets of go fast engine building. Then I could become an Engine Pro as well someday.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2009
  12. I will help in any way that I can. You know I can't resist Hot-Rods and Shit that Hauls Ass. Who knows Paul we both might get some of that there college learnin from Tim !! Sorry to say it but I don't think Pro is in the cards for you >>>>.

13. mongo51

mongo51

This is a cool deal Paul. If you guys ever need any help I'm not far away. Have Tim get ahold of me since we leave in the same town he's always welcome in my shed.

14. R.Allan

R.Allan
    BANNED
    from Ca

man thats so bitchin!

15. woodbox

woodbox

Great story paul, keep us posted on progress. This sort of mentoring can be priceless to a young man. When I was just starting out a gang of us used to just about live in an older club members workshop, hell we would even mow his lawns and wash his cars just to hang around. Lots of engine swaps and even full rebuilds of hotrods....priceless experiences and friends for a lifetime. Good for you!

16. tbraginton

tbraginton
    from Nevada

Yo mongo where you at in this huge town of MAC??? I can't imagine I haven't seen you or your car at some point in this little town... So what do you drive?

17. snelson57

snelson57

Poverty,

Look me up if you are passing through Port Washington this year to drop the wife off....

I havent gone to Iola in a few years but I am planning on going this year since I have a project going again.

Scott

18. tbraginton

tbraginton
    from Nevada

Its been MUCH too long since I really accomplished anything with this project and even longer since I posted about it

but....

UPDATE: A sudden burst of motivation prompted a full scale mock up with the parts I have.

Here is the aftermath

Attached Files:

19. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

How about a bigger photo? <center>
    [​IMG]<br /><br />
    </center>

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  20. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Got some cool engines hanging around here we could use..........<center>
    [​IMG]<br /><br />
    </center>

21. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

But after talking with Tim we will probably use this one or one just like it........<center>
    [​IMG]<br /><br />
    </center>

22. tbraginton

tbraginton
    from Nevada

Oooooh I'll take the red one please :)

23. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

Paul, I'm just out by Hays, when you decide what you guys are building, I'll donate if I can. Lippy:D

24. The Cap'n

The Cap'n
    from Kansas

I guess I didn't realize it was our very own povertyflats that Tim was talking about when we talked about this project. I saw the car about a day ago...you picked a good guy to build it for you :)

25. wetatt4u

wetatt4u

Aren't you just a sweetheard !

Its nice to see it played forward !

26. Hey Paul, I had to laugh at this picture, How far you going to get with one dollar? lol

27. tbraginton

tbraginton
    from Nevada

I dont know what he is usually carryin for cash but P-flats sure has got all the good Iron!

28. yblock292

yblock292

Now thats kool,

29. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

A newer update to this old thread is the 1929 Whippet sport coupe turned roadster body and 8BA flathead engine I have purchased (both from Hambers) for the project. A new frame is on order from Vaphead and Tim's sharp mind is whirling with ideas for this project. He is busy with school (won the Jay Leno scholarship this year) as is his girlfriend Kelsi who is also a student at McPherson College. <center>
    [​IMG]<br /><br />
    [​IMG]<br /><br />
    [​IMG]<br /><br />
    [​IMG]<br /><br />
    </center>

30. I am sure it will be very cool when these young people are through with it someday. Looks like a great start. The world needs more people like you Poverty.