Register now to get rid of these ads!

posting pics question

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by slamed tudor, Aug 13, 2009.

1. slamed tudor

slamed tudor

just a question, when i want to put pics up on a already started post how do i do this??

2. Bent

Bent
    from Canada

Best bet is to set up a photo hosting account (I use Photobucket) and just copy and paste the IMG code into your post.

3. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

on the reply page look down where it says go advanced and click. you'll see "manage attatchments" ... the rest is easy

that will let you post thumbnails. if you want to post pics you need photobucket or another photo host. then it's just copy and paste

4. slamed tudor ... posting pics in a thread can be done via two basic methods: 1) Insert Image or 2) as an Attachment ... Do you want to post a pic from somewhere on the Internet or a digital image stored somewhere on your computer's hard-drive?

Here's your avatar image:

[​IMG]

... I posted it by capturing its URL (http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/image.php?u=83659&dateline=1244773408) ... clicking on the "Insert Image" button: [​IMG] ... and pasting it into the Image URL text box of the THE H.A.M.B. - Reply to Topic window:

[​IMG]

Here's a random photo of a 1970 Olds Cutlass that I found via a Google images search:

[​IMG]

... I posted it by capturing its URL (http://image.automotive.com/f/featu...11_01_z+1970_oldsmobile_cutlass+launching.jpg) ... clicking on the "Insert Image" button ... and pasting it into the Image URL text box.

Here's an image I have stored on my personal Photobucket account:

[​IMG]

... I posted it by capturing its URL (http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/PhotographyByBruce/Automotive/49Cheby.jpg) ... clicking on the "Insert Image" button ... and pasting it into the Image URL text box.

Here's nine images of a friend's B-ville Roadster that I have stored on my computer's hard-drive:

SalmenRacing.jpg $um Fun Oct 2003 (263.781mph).jpg #734 Oct 2003 (263.781mph).jpg
    $um Fun - 1.jpg $um Fun - 2.jpg $um Fun - 3.jpg
    $um Fun - 4.jpg $um Fun - 5.jpg $um Fun - 6.jpg

... I posted them by first clicking the "Go Advanced" button ... then I clicked the "Attachments" button: [​IMG] to bring up the "Manage Attachments" window ... then I clicked the "Browse..." buttons and navigated to the folder where the images were stored ... individually selected all 9 of them ... and clicked the "Upload" button ... closed the "Manage Attachments" window ... and selected the Insert All option under the "Attachments" pull-menu.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2011

5. slamed tudor

slamed tudor

okay thanks guys I think i have it now!!!! ps this is my work in progres

Attached Files:

6. Thank you Hemi32. I was just trying to figure this out last night by searching old posts. I got frustrated and gave up. I will try again thanks to your explanation.

7. blackrat40

blackrat40
    Member Emeritus

Great explanation Hemi32 !
    I think even us geezers can follow that!
    Thanks!

8. Testing..........Hey, it worked! Thanks Hemi32.

http://[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  9. blackrat40 & cactus1 ... You're very welcome.

Here's two more "tips" on posting pics on the H.A.M.B. ...

1) When pasting an image's URL into the Image URL text box of the THE H.A.M.B. - Reply to Topic window:

[​IMG]

... be sure to first delete the existing "http://" ... cuz if you don't, this duplicate text will be displayed to the left of the image (see cactus1's test image post above).

2) When posting an image from my Photobucket album, I either copy the Photobucket "IMG Code" URL:

[​IMG]

... and paste it directly into my HAMB post ... OR I copy the Photobucket "Direct Link" URL:

[​IMG]

... and paste it into the Image URL text box of the THE H.A.M.B. - Reply to Topic window.

Although the Photobucket "HTLM Code" URL will also work, I don't reccommend it as it will allow folks to easily access your entire Photobucket Album (by simply clicking on the image in the HAMB post) ... this is what cactus1 did in his test image post above.

The Photobucket "Email & IM" URL doesn't work on the HAMB.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2009
  10. 61TBird

61TBird

Just to add to the Great tutorial from HEMI32,as long as you're logged out of your account,when you click on the pic,it won't open up your album.

Also,If you use p-bucket,make sure your ALL of your albums are set to "private" so you don't have your "other" pics accessible.

11. I don't believe that's true ... I'm logged out of my Photobucket account right now ... all my Cookies, Browsing History, Temp Internet files, etc. have been deleted ... and I can see the 3 pics in cactus1's Photobucket album.

61TBird makes a very good point ... this is really the key if you are "worried" about protecting the privacy of other photos in your Photobucket album(s).

12. 61TBird

61TBird

If the person that posted the pic is still logged in or has an "open" (not private or locked) account,you can view all of their pics.

13. Ha! Good stuff guys. Thanks again for all the info.

14. Rpmrex

Rpmrex
    from Indiana

Hemi32 how do you capture a URL?