Register now to get rid of these ads!

post your pics.. sectioned 53-54 chevies!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by murf-lostincity, Oct 4, 2008.

1. murf-lostincity

murf-lostincity

Last edited: Oct 4, 2008
  2. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

here's a different angle on the blue/black car. this car is cool, but I vote no on sectioning a 54. even more so a 210 "post" car

[​IMG]

3. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

here's your pic so people don't have to click...

[​IMG]

4. murf-lostincity

murf-lostincity

thanks

this is the only 53-54 i've seen that looks decent

the monster garage 54 was unpleasant to the eye
    there are alot of things they could have done to that car had they not been on a time constraint (but it was badass that they had all the legends do the work to that car though)
    i just cant fight the urge to section mine
    even though i know what it will look like in the end i keep convincing myself maybe i could do something different like extend the fenders and run skirts

what i notice but could be wrong about is the rear fenders seem to arc down alittle after a sectioning making them look alittle like 51 rears..

maybe someone could photoshop a 54 .section ,chop with ,fenders about an inch off the ground??!!...

5. Lazer5000

Lazer5000

I just don't get sectioning. I appriaciate the amount of work, but I just don't get it.

6. I don't remember where I got these,,,Rikster's site, probably. Great car.

Skyrodder is putting one together too...check out his posts for pics.

Bryan

Attached Files:

7. murf-lostincity

murf-lostincity

i am looking forward to skyrodders sectioned 54 chevy

8. Custom54

Custom54

Here's the one from Monster Garage.

[​IMG]

9. SlamCouver

SlamCouver
    from Brazil, IL

The black and blue car looks horrible. Hood is way out of proportion as well as the whole front end.

10. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

i agree with what you said.

when i see one done right i have a TON of respect,,,,but i dont think i would ever do it...

11. skyrodder

skyrodder

some people like em some people dont, I happen to love my project.. and it's kinda cool to know some people wanna see how mine turns out.. no updates since the section, all i have done is cut down a junk door to see how it fit, and it fit really well.. I bought the body only, i have a frame and front sheetmetal getting delivered to me next week from a good friend of mine.. so I'll post more progress then... here is my original post http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=274578

12. chopper99

chopper99
    Member Emeritus

Ditto.

13. brewsir

brewsir

Now that is one great custom...I even dig the canted quad headlites....damn thats cool.

14. kustom13rods

kustom13rods

im going to section one of my 1950 ford 2doors, and am not going to mess with the front of the fenders i want to wedge section it and make the front bumper match the rest of the car. i dont like or understand why people mess with the front fenders it looks worse than stock and stom sucks if the pic posted? i love the way that car looks except for the front part:cool:

Attached Files:

15. pimpin paint

pimpin paint
    from so cal

Hey,

I'd say this about sectioning a car: If you've never sucessfully chopped a couple of vehicles, that's not jus' the chopping of some pillars and a plxie
    windshield, but garnishes, gaskets, glass & paint, & an interior, than I'd rethink sectioning! Every part of the body (inner and outer) comes into it.
    Sometimes suspension and mechanical as well.

It's alittle more involved than bubblegum-squirtgun welds, heavy filler and black primer! I've seen more 1/2 finished section projects in the last five years than in the last fourty years! From the looks of these, guys get knee deep in these projects having no idea of the actual amount of work it takes to finish one.

Don't get me wrong, I really admire your drive, jus' make sure if you order the meal, it's something you're gonna wanna eat later.

Swankey Devils C.C.
    "Meanwhile, back aboard The Tainted Pork''

16. I give major Kudos to whoever pulls of a good section on any kind of car, especially one with curves like the 53/54 Chevy. That is some major undertaking and a lot more work then most people imagine.

17. skyrodder

skyrodder

alot of work it is... I am on no hurry to finish mine.. it gonna take me some time, but it will get done

18. Rathbone

Rathbone

There was one for sale in the classifieds section of this website that was nearly finished. He wanted $1500 for it and didn't get any bites. You could probably buy that and finish it for less than building one. The car was in Texas. He had lots of photos to show the work, too.

19. mottsrods

mottsrods

Most cars I have seen sectioned look aweful. Mainly because the person or person's doing it has no understanding of the geometry and math that it takes to get the proportions right. When sectioning, you have to look at the car in length, not height so that you can see where it will be done. The closer to the ground it is sectioned, then the better I feel about it's looks, and the less of chop that it needs to look in proportion. The higher up you section, well above the upper fender well line, then the fatter it will look, and this is where too much chop will make it look aweful. When done this way, you also have to have the right deck on the hood and trunk, and the right front facia to make it look good...and it usually never does.....IMHO....most people who are sectioning, have no business doing it.

Mott