Register now to get rid of these ads!

Post up your pictures of the "Worst Hackjob" you've come across.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by venturesomerite, Feb 21, 2012.

1. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Jeez, that reminds me of a local cruise night I went to last year...

2. PENETRATOR .... what the hell am I looking at? The red thing on the left side of the pic appears to be a shock absorber ... but I'm not understanding the A-arms at all. Does this thing even have a suspension? Oh, and the steering ???? Any chance of a pic of more of that car?

3. Penetrator

Penetrator
    from SK CAN

Sorry, that's the only image I bothered to keep. If memory serves me, it was a "fabricated" tube axle, "hairpins" welded solid, and a couple airbags rigged up in the center somehow. I don't recall what the steering arrangement was, maybe a rope and two pulleys.

4. 62rebel

62rebel

dude, dude.... don't you guys recognize the infamous Kevorkian Special?

5. Magnus

Magnus
    from Sweden

I ahve no proof but way back when I was working in a all brand shop we got a customer who had imported a car from Germany. First thing he did was to get it through swedish car inspection but they didn't approve of his high dollar Beemer to be registered. Why, you might ask? Well the clever PO had noticed quite a bit of oil leaking through the rear sealing on the engine and fixed it with the ultimate solution. He'd strap an empty tin can of sardines under the leak and let the oil fill the can. When he drove on the autoban the can emptied by the speed, and back at the shop there were no sign of oil leak!!! We'd laugh our asses of but the poor young owner never showed up again, the poor fuck.

6. The37Kid

The37Kid

Are those headlight eyebrows '59 Ford tail light rims? [​IMG]

7. Mats W

Mats W

Sure looks like they are:

[​IMG]

8. Cabbage

Cabbage
    1. S.F.C.C.

I like "the redheaded step child" cause its definately been beat down

9. atomickustom

atomickustom

I don't have any photos, just mental images, but there used to be a large old junkyard near me that was full of bad ideas brought to life. Like the guy who was too dumb to notice that a 2-door shoebox Ford isn't shorter than a 4-door but still cut a foot out of the middle of a 4-door trying to make it a 2-door. Or the guy who used an air chisel to cut the room off a very nice, clean '64 Ford Galaxie 4-door hardtop. Or the guy who welded a Mustang II front clip onto the bottom of a Healey Sprite chassis. (Yes, onto the bottom of the existing suspension. It sat 6 inches higher in the front than in the back!) Or the guy who tried chopping a top with a cutting torch and turned the roof into a pringle and then tried to make it right by spreading bondo inches thick with his bare hands. Or the guy who tried to make a sedan into an El Camino/Ranchero by cutting the roof off just behind the back of the front seat and cutting a sheet of plywood to act as the back of the "cab," complete with a small rear window of clear plastic glued over a rectangular hole.
    I always say there should be a permit required to buy saws, torches, or air tools. And I should be the one who gets to decide who gets them and who doesn't.

10. atomickustom

atomickustom

Okay, I'll be the first to say this: I COULD FIX THAT! Seriously. Someone give it to me and I'll make it look good.

11. Some breeds of animal just shouldn't mate with each other. :eek:

12. melsfine39

melsfine39

BUYER BEWARE Bought this truck off EvilBay. When I asked the owner if the frame had any rust or damage, He replied a plate had been welded across for strength,but no apperent rust or damage!!!!! OF course the photos he took didn't show this area,or what a hack job was done on putting in the motor. Click on the picture and look at the angle the motor is sitting at. The last is a picture from the Ebay ad, the price was cheap and I knew I could find a fame so I bought it anyways. But! at some point this thing was DRIVEN on the road like this! YIKES!!! Mel:D

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 12, 2012
  13. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

When I bought my Chevy II the guy I bought it from had installed a circle track 30 gal. fuel cell complete with heater hose fuel line.He had also hacked a hole next to the original fuel filler hole to put in one of those quick fill NASCAR fuel filler's. The roll bar that was in it had exhaust tube flared to fit between the seat divider and the trunk so it would be removable I [​IMG]guess.

14. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

15. dublaaron

dublaaron
    from michgan

My hudson when i got it. A car welded to another car. Good idea [​IMG]

16. Bundy L

Bundy L
    from Kentucky

Basically all vintage vehicles on s-10 frames.

Attached Files:

17. nwbhotrod

nwbhotrod
    from wash state

Is this Hill Billy Heaven

18. dublaaron

dublaaron
    from michgan

Yes. Actuly it is. My favorite local junkyard

19. threeston

threeston

Im a hack, but slowly, my wizard like skills grow. thats why I dont post build here, the officers of tradition would nazi boot me in the face for my sins of steel.

20. FantaC

FantaC
    from Australia

21. fast30coupe

fast30coupe
    from Illinois

agreed. thats not even close to safe

22. I got a call from my buddy last Saturday and said you wanna go look at a 37 chevy pickup that we can use as a old shop truck.. We jumped it the truck and drove about 15 min from the house and they sat a neat looking 37 chevy pickup with sloted wheels satin black paint and had a great looking stance.
    He was all fired up for the moment untill.........we walked up on it and holy cow we lookid all over this truck, it had house wire running from the front to the back wiring the tail lights up . They also took the rear frame brackets and hacked them and made shock brackets out of them.They never even cleaned up the slag from the torch cutting them,
    Getting under the hood they used a dog chain for the throttle linkage with a hole punched threw the fire wall with a phillips screw driver. Tip ties hooked the chain to the carb and on the other end to to gas pedal.
    The motor mounts looked like pure death on wheels 1 inch square tubing that looked so scary. The running board mounts were made from 1 inch black pipe from the local hardware store . And the Best part the the front sub frame was only welded on the to easy sides the out side and the inside no top or bottom welds.
    And the best of all the price of $8000. It takes all kinds to make the world go round.
    These guys dont understand shit like this will kill you and can kill others also. If you
    dont know or have the tools ask some one to help.
    Most of us Hot Rodders would help out just to be helping!!!

23. GirchyGirchy

GirchyGirchy
    from Central IN

Was the unistrut there when you bought it, or is holding up the cab temporarily?

I like the names you gave the pictures.

24. wsdad

wsdad

Those laws take away from every one's freedom to create, invent or save money. There should be some minimum standards, but they always go too far because they attach monetary awards for the state. If they'd attach some penalty that didn't benefit the state by giving them money, they wouldn't be as likely to "throw the baby out with the bathwater." For instance, they could put the money into a fund that would help the victims (or their survivors). Then the state wouldn't tend to be as overbearing and unreasonable, plus, there would be some justice for the victims.

25. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

I think I'm going to puke

26. I wish id taken photos of the "rewiring job" id had done at high performance auto in tacoma. They must have used six rolls of electrical tape to cover the ORIGINAL wires and then replace one single wire with an extremely tiny gauge, on a 6v system! For a total of 504 bucks!

Though they did tell me my breaks were completely shot and needed to be rebuilt, strange, since id done them the week before. I ended up having to pay that to get my car out..

Though i got pretty sick over a friends work, using a cut up beer can to back the bondo he used to repair his falcons fenderwell rustout.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2012
  27. mammyjammer

mammyjammer
    from Area 51

Your "freedom to create and invent" ends when your rebar tie rod breaks and your POS swerves into my lane!!!

28. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

29. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

What? just has rust in the usual places:D

30. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

A friend decided I needed this super trick vintage hotrod front end
    [​IMG]

And please don’t forget were you got this kill idea for split wishbone ends :rolleyes:
    [​IMG]
    Yes thats half an old shock :eek: