Register now to get rid of these ads!

Post Up pic's of "The One That Got Away"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JESSEJAMES, Apr 16, 2008.

1. kustoms2

kustoms2

I sure would love to have the '54 Chevy back that my dad built when I was a kid! I would also like to have the T-bird that he did. Unfortunately both these cars where sold to pay bills when times got tight.

Attached Files:

2. Had to sell this to get downpayment money to buy my house. I made sure I had a replacement body when I let it go 17 years ago and I'm finally building it to replace the one that got away.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Sixcarb

Sixcarb
    from North NJ

Geez Kev the garage is cool and all but maybe you should have lived on the streets

4. Maxwedge66

Maxwedge66

Nice! And a straight axle too! :D

5. kustomrods

kustomrods
    from Tampa Fl.

My 1962 Impala was stolen out of my driveway about 5 years ago... Had just bolted on some new Torq Thrusts was gone within the week. I plan on getting another one some day, but how I would love to have mine back.

Attached Files:

6. my highschool ride, '53 Indian 80" Roadmaster with sidecar. Gave it to my cousin in '68 when I went into the Army and it disappeared from there.

7. An early pic of the car that started this thread.........

[​IMG]

8. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Dammmm that coupe is awesome.....I want one!!

9. SakowskiMotors

SakowskiMotors

That is one sweet ride.
    Wil
    www.sakowskimotors.com

10. SakowskiMotors

SakowskiMotors

When we took this out of Bill Victor's garage it was pretty much in crates.. I wish I could have restored her completely back to something like the black car. I did drive the piss out of her all over LA though. Maybe she is perfect just the way she is.
    Wil
    www.sakowskimotors.com

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 6, 2008
  11. bumpybigblok

bumpybigblok
    from Midwest

Had one just like this in 63 when I was 14. I bought it for 40 bucks and sold it for $50. I'd give more than twice that to getter back.
    100_1237 (Large).jpg

12. M.D.

M.D.

My 50 Buick Special that was built on the day I was born. I found it in San Francisco with 22,000 original miles (original owner) in 1976 and paid $200 cash. Went everywhere in that car, and the Dynaflow couldn't get stuck in the snow if you tried! Then there was my farmer fixed 31 Model A...and oh...the 60 Tbird......

13. This coupe looks good but if this one makes the peirson coupe look "like a fuckin pussy car" well I hate to say to say what the old Chrisman coupe makes this one look like........... Just my opinion..........

14. cruzingratiot

cruzingratiot
    from Detroit MI

My 63 grandprix 389 tripower 4 speed car

[​IMG]

15. That is a pretty bitchen lookin coupe,being that it was banned just makes it even more OUTLAW!!!

16. AA/Fuel34fordpu

AA/Fuel34fordpu

This is the one that got me out of muscle car and into Real hotods. It is a 34 ford on old afuel chassis I built. I would like to get it back any info would be great Thanks
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. That Jado car has always scared the hell out of me. I like it!

I still miss my 1963 Ford 300 2-dr sedan with a 390 & 4-spd. It was pea soup green with red vinyl bench seats. It only had about 45,000 miles on it when I bought it in 1986 from a little old couple who owned it since new. I sold it in 1995 when I moved to Phoenix, AZ.

I think about that car all the time.

18. iamq

iamq
    from Ma

Here's the ones I wish I still had....

Both of these.....
    [​IMG]

The 348 with 3 deuces..... [​IMG]

The Nomad with one piece front end, 350 and Charger interior.[​IMG]

19. 231ramona

231ramona

I will allways miss this one. I sold it several years ago and have lost track of it. It was featured in the Feb 64 Rod & Custom and was little changed from then.

Attached Files:

20. cabriolethiboy

cabriolethiboy

I remember your coupe. Didn't it have some kind of homemade overhead cam heads on it at one time?

21. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

Quote: originally posted by Ryan
    WOW... any more images of this one? I'm in love...

I have a couple more. It has appeared in various incarnations. It had less than 100 miles on the odometer, had hit a bridge abutment at high speed and was totaled into a pile of fiberglass when Ray Farhner purchased it for $950 in early 1963. He built it in about six weeks and drove it all over the country in his role as a show promoter in a dozen Midwestern cities.

It's now owned and shown by the Peterson Museum. Unfortunately, they show the version that spent its last few years before they acquired it when it had been a "show queen"....all propped up with the wheels off to show the chrome undercarriage, etc., which the last owner had made it into. In its day, it was a Rod & Custom feature car and if there was ever a custom in need of being restored back to its original form, this is it. I think it is the best looking Stingray custom ever. I am biased however, since I did assist Ray on the design.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 27, 2009
  22. 00 MACK

00 MACK

That cars the McMichael car from Utah.It is currently bein redone in into one of the most insane 34 five ever done! windows

23. 00 MACK

00 MACK

Randy Bianchi just chopped it and its gonna be one of the sickest 34 5 windows ever done.BAR NONE!

24. 231ramona

231ramona

Thanks for the update.
    If the current owner is interested, I have a lot of pictures of the car from when I had it and as early as 1957. Car has some neat history.

[email protected]

25. 57 sedan delivery with windows, ex-Navy, 1 of 92 with windows
    wouldn't mind having the ol' tow Jimmy back too
    oh well, they both went to good homes

[​IMG]

26. BigW

BigW

Nice car I that same car. look like there has lots of work done to the car.Then I sold my car pay some bills. Bigw

Last edited: Feb 27, 2009
  27. hewl35

hewl35
    from KS

My favorite car was a 64 Impala SS. 327 with powerglide. Dad didn't want me to put to rebuild the motor in it when the valve guides started smoking. Oh yeah I was working at a machine shop and could of had the whole rebuild for parts only!!! Thanks dad good call.

28. Yeah, me too...my 64 ran a 340 HP 327, muncie with 4.10 posi. Wish I stilll had it. I bought a 74 coupe a few months ago with a killer 383 but it wasn't the same..
    I also miss my old 48 Pontiac but the one I miss the most is my 57 Pontiac with a '59, 389, muncie 4 speed and 3.64 rear.....beat a few stock 64 GTOs with it.

Attached Files:

29. Eatin Boogers

Eatin Boogers
    from NH

I think it is the same truck.

30. buikwag

buikwag
    1. Buick Nailheads

I'd like to have this one back. 392" Hemi motor, pushbutton torqueflite, Ford 9" rear. A fun truck to drive. Weighed in at 2450 lbs even with the Hemi

Attached Files: