Register now to get rid of these ads!

Post Up pic's of "The One That Got Away"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JESSEJAMES, Apr 16, 2008.

1. One of many

This was my wifes car. It started out dead stock and Zi ended up lowering it and banging a worked kent motor in it, the car ended up with floating aeriels and belly panned front and rear, but i loved it when it looked like this. I would drive it to work 5 miles most days with no glass and just a set of sunnies, very lucky to get away with it for so long in Perth:cool:

Attached Files:

2. I dig that tu-tone!! But I think I like the Merc better.

3. It was my older son's car. He misses it too!!!!
    The Merc's NOT going anywhere!!!!!!!

4. No regrets! I always sold them for a reason, usually the grass is always greener mentality - and I'd like to have all 60+ back if I had the money and space.

Jesse - I remember sitting in the coupe in your shop and thinking how cramped it was and what a wild ride that must have been. You laughed watching me climbing in. Perry's old Fiat was there then too. Do you still have it? What's the skinny on it?

the ones I think I miss the most are the ones that I didn't get in the first place. Like the 57 Vette that was for sale for $495.00 in 1972. It had a transplanted big block, 4 mismatched tires and wheels and if you put anything in the trunk it would have fallen right through. My dad said, if it runs we'll buy it. Well the battery was dead and the lot was closing so they said come back tomorrow, we'll have a new battery in it, and you can drive it. Of course we go back after school (I was 16) and sure as shit someone had seen them getting it running and bought it! :(

Last edited: Jul 24, 2008
  5. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

miss the speedster, to much emotion tied up in it.

6. PRIMER STUDIO

PRIMER STUDIO
    from Bozeman,MT

Here is a pic of my ol coupe... Definately one I regret selling...[​IMG]

7. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I also would regret that you sold it...unless it was to me.:D

8. MikeRose

MikeRose
    from Yuma, AZ

I don't want to talk about it. :(

9. droplord49

droplord49
    from Bryan, Tx

I would love to have my old 49 Dodge back, sold it in 03 cause I didn't have a garage to keep it in. It lives in the San Diego area last I heard.

Attached Files:

10. 53SledSleeve

53SledSleeve

There's no question about it....my 53 2 door hardtop. I miss this car every day. I even cried a little when I saw it get put on the trailer. Its around Hollywood now to a HAMBer. Hopefully he'll give me first crack at buying it if he ever sells it. Even my girlfriend and friends hear me bitch about selling it. I had no choice at the time really, I was laid off and had to pay the mortgage......on a house that was forclosed on anyway....so I kind of sold it for no reason. I had the best intentions at the time now.

Attached Files:

11. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

I bought this in 1971 for a thousand bucks and sold it the next year for $1200. It's now in the permanent collection of the Peterson Automotive Museum.

It was brand new when Ray Farhner customized it in 1963.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Billybobdad

Billybobdad

56 Safari, I bought this one in 1977 from the original owner with 68k miles. Had every available option except air, sweet sweet car. Sold it in 1989 with 105k miles to make the down payment on my house. This pic is from the Pontiac club national meet in 06. It never looked this good when I owned it but it was an original when I had it. Was for sale at the time the pic was taken. Sadly I was NSF at the time. Lotta memories here.

[​IMG]

13. James427

James427
    BANNED

I bought this out of 40 years of storage in 2004. I had to sell it almost immediately because I borrowed a ton to buy it ($10,000 even!) It sold for way more than double what I paid for it, which REALLY helped out with the bills and such, but I knew when I let it go that I would probably never have another chance at a clean, all steel Duece of ANY body style, much less a full fendered 5W coupe that was an original primered rod from the early 60's. It has a 57 Vette 283 with a 4spd. It went to a guy in Mo. and I'd love to know what ever became of it.

[​IMG]

14. Ebert

Ebert

Miss this old groundpounder...sounded and drove like a Cup car. Got a crazy offer (at that time) and she went bye-bye. Shit happens.

Attached Files:

15. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

WOW... any more images of this one? I'm in love...

16. Maxwedge66

Maxwedge66

Double hell yeah, thats maniac!

17. Chris Casny

Chris Casny

I knew I had seen it before, I think it's currently in the basement of the Petersons.

18. 5wbomber

5wbomber
    BANNED

i know were this is......here on an indian reservation. if you want it back i bet he'll give it to you....

19. Maxwedge66

Maxwedge66

If you want an old "Angle-box" back theres probably dozens of them sitting at the bottom of cliffs and swamps in West Auckland, right where we left them. :D

20. 5wbomber

5wbomber
    BANNED

heres my first car(built it when i was 15, i miss it every day i wake up, like reggie and clark say, "you could build another for a 1/4 the price, but it would never be the same".....i hope to buy it back... damn i miss passing people at 100 on the highway, and fliin through town in pouring rain roosting people with water. hahaha
    [​IMG]

21. gasser56

gasser56

Yep here is the one I miss. Everyone said I would be kicking myself. They were right!!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 31, 2008
  22. GREASEMONKEY72

GREASEMONKEY72

was so close to getting a 58 bel air, 4door, old santa ana airport car and still had the logo on the door, faded but there, had the 348 bigblock with 3 on the tree, i fell for that car when i first saw it but the bastards sold it the next day even though we said we would get it

23. Maxwedge66

Maxwedge66

Only one, me old '66 Stang GT F/back 4 spd. It's long gone along with the 6ft blonde girlfriend that came with it, hahaha.
    Fingers crossed aim to keep the rest of my old junk, some of these strories are just toooo painfull to read.

24. Cshabang

Cshabang

man I loved that car when we were at Bonneville. you sold it to finance your roadster if I remember correctly right

25. ol'skool29

ol'skool29

when i was maybe 9, my dad bought a 36 plymouth coupe from a friend,and said it would be mine in the future. it was in pieces, and it sat in my driveway for a month or two, then he sold it to another friend. i was too young to know what could be done to it, if i had it today, it would be a frame draggin' custom

i know the guy who bought it, but he sold it too, i'd love to see how the car looks today.

26. Fitysix

Fitysix
    from Md.

[​IMG]

I want this one back and I never owned it!!!:(

27. hatch

hatch
    from house

I agree, didn't own it, but got to help build it, and drive it......but I do miss this 57...225 bucks and drove it home. I also owned the 750 honda, and the Henry J behind it(I actually miss those DAYS of finding really great stuff that I could afford, more than missing the car.)

[​IMG]

28. wvenfield

wvenfield

Everyone told me I would want it back also, but what did I know, I just had to have that Purple Huffy.

[​IMG]

I heard that some kid totalled it a couple years later.

29. octane

octane
    from Virginia

I haven't owned anything cool enough to regret selling yet...but I'm working on it.

30. Sellers Equipped

Sellers Equipped
    BANNED
    from San Jose

This one right here, toss up between my old ford. I heard someone posted pics of the dragster on here from a meet not long ago. Dragster looks exactly the same after 7 years.

Attached Files: