Register now to get rid of these ads!

post #2 w/pics of my rides

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Sinister, Jan 19, 2004.

1. Sinister

Sinister
    from Oregon

according to the replies I got from my very first post, I see that I have found a place with crazy people just like myself. Thank you for making me feel at home.Below you will find a couple pics of my first '49 Chev p/u. I was in the process of moving to SoCal to hang with the family for a few, thus all the stuff under the tarp. I was hit by a drunk driver(woman) while I was parked by the side of the road. She was going 50mph in a 35 zone. the worst part about it is I was standing behind the truck getting something out of the back when she hit it. She missed me by about 2ft.I still don't sleep well because of that fateful day.
    The last pic is my new '49 p/u that is now in pieces in my garage. Funds have been low as I bought my first P.O.S. house so the Old Man has to wait.
    I HATE "Lego-Rods" so my goal is to chop the top a few feet, section the cab a couple more feet, ditch the fenders, put a 32/34 Ford strait axel w/hairpins(pushed all the way to the grill) up front, and move the rear axel up against the back of the cab. I want a track-T roadster look with a pinch of sprint car flavor. It's going to be loud and wrong. Maybe my next post will include the concept pics I have sketched of it, but I don't want to overload everyone with all my crazy ideas all at once. [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Impala53

Impala53

Welcome aboard!
    Did ya take the first pic in the spot where ya got hit? Ouch....I know the feeling, rear-ended on the way home from the body shop in my shiney new '53 BelAir.
    Well, it looks ya got a nice replacement. We'd love to see pics as it comes back together.

3. JSM56

JSM56

nice trucks, i love that body style. and don't worry about overloading us with crazyness. we never get enough.

4. franzfrucket1

franzfrucket1

Welcome...nice truck my man

Owen

5. ray

ray
    from colorado

uh, a track T/sprint car flavored chevy truck?

someone really needs to tell these new guys when they have a stupid idea. i'm all for innovation, but that is just wrong.