Register now to get rid of these ads!

Posies finally put down the crack pipe

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Foul, Oct 24, 2007.

1. Foul

Foul

2. PeteFromTexas

PeteFromTexas

Wow. That is nice. I like it a whole lot better than their last one...

3. BigRed390

BigRed390

I like it too!

4. cleatus

cleatus
    from Sacramento

I think they should have gone with a more aggressive chop.

Attached Files:

5. scarylarry

scarylarry

Took long enough to jump on the bandwagon. Fuckin' silly chop.

6. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

Actually his vision pre-dated the nostalgia craze at least in my eyes. His yellow 36 cabriolet sure had the 40s custom look to me. That was a lot of years ago now. I don't think you can ever call Posie a band wagoner. No offense Larry.:D

7. pan-dragger

pan-dragger

looks good, i like it

8. 392_hemi

392_hemi

Proportions are all f*cked up with that chop. I just don't understand this guy.

9. tjm73

tjm73

Perhaps that's the name for the Brookeville '32 roaster pickup body?

10. Tony

Tony

I admire the craftsmanship and that come's out of Posie's, but i just can't warm up to his design's no matter how well thought out they may be.
    This truck is the first one i can say there are thing's about it i do like, but the top, to me, look's like shit and does ruin the overall look of the truck.
    I'll give him prop's for taking building to the next level and doing thing's that are much different than most..
    But I guess i'm just boring or old fashioned though because most just don't 'grab my attention'..and if they do it's not for the right reason's.
    Of course, this is only my opinion and that dosn't mean squat :)

11. sawzall

sawzall

[​IMG]

speedqueen..

I'm actually pretty hooked on posies TOUR.. because I know alot of cars that different shops build arent driven..

So...
    I been watchin cokers blog and posies site to see what they were up too..

posies RPU isnt as wacky as the last few.. I like the hood sides and KNOW there MUST be some "hidden" tricks that photos of the "speed queen" DONT show (at least I hope there are.)

as far as the driven dirty tour.. I really want to see the dayton wire wheel ford phaeton,

http://streetrods.daytonwirenews.com/

and more importantly I cant wait to see the car that goes on top of the chassis that was built for the dynamat roadster.
    [​IMG]
    lets hope Coker reads this and posts pics of those cars to his blog soon.

12. Too much chop, check. Flat black, check. Red wheels, check. Close but no cigar.

13. tjm73

tjm73

That Speed Queen emblem is on the grill shell of a local truck in the Rochester/Buffalo NY area. I've seen it many times. Taken a shit load of pics. Nice truck. I think it was an Essex according to the registration. Can't remember if that is correct or not.

14. Tony

Tony

It's a local here in Rochester, and i do believe it's an Essex. The owner is a friend..
    In fact, he and Posie are good friend's as well. The two could very well have talked bout the name at some point.
    I know Jack's Essex has been built for i think a little over two year's now.

Tony

15. DRD57

DRD57

I think Speed Queen was a brand of washing machine.

16. The37Kid

The37Kid

Someones Speed Queen refrigerator is missing the door logo.

17. Chuck-A-Burger Ryan

Chuck-A-Burger Ryan

Heard the same thing. Buddy of mine just bought the same emblem at a swapmeet, guy told him it was from a washing machine.

18. he did this car in the early 80's. i loved it then, and i love it now. his new car looks very trendy to me.

Attached Files:

19. brandon

brandon

with a chop that deep.....it needs a little wedge sectioning....and a little more stagger in the tire / wheel combo.....but thats just me.... brandon:D

20. scarylarry

scarylarry

Tommy, my point is he would have never done a "traditional" looking flat black
    RPU before now. I think he would just love to be cool around this crowd for some reason.

21. Actually, Cleatus's attached pic is photchopped - the real rpu chop is not that aggressive - click the link to see for yourselves before gettin' all worked up...

Cleatus, looks like nobody got it - your photoshop skills must be amazing!!!:D

Steve

22. brandon

brandon

back when he built the yellow car.....who was he...?...just some hot rodder named ken.....:rolleyes: and the yellow car is still a sweet looking ride.... brandon :D

23. noboD

noboD

The pic Sawzall put up of the Speed Queen is the front of the new car, check his site for other pics.

24. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

25. Spike!

Spike!

Is it me, or does anyone else hate the Daytons? I mean, I know they were probably free and all that, but jeeez. I wonder what kind of trailer he's using on this year's Driven Dirty Tour?

26. I'm into it. I'd take the top off, but I'm not gonna sit and bash someone's build.
    It's a finished hotrod, how many shit talkers have finished rods? I'm gonna guess and throw a number out at around 25% of them.
    Bet it'll get exposure like some of us wish ours would one day see....

27. Spike!

Spike!

For the record, more than likely he didn't do the work himself. Most of the shit talkers know who they are talking shit about on this post. Not sure about the others.

Spike

28. scarylarry

scarylarry

I'm a shit talker, have a finished car, drive it, and dont care about exposure.
    I'm with Spike on Daytons. Damn I dont like anything! :)
    Posies always been a dick to me, maybe that has left me with deep emotional scars.

Attached Files:

• CG10.jpg
      CG10.jpg
      File size:
      59.7 KB
      Views:
  29. 39sledge

39sledge

i love you larry always will.:D ha,ha.