Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Portland Transmission and Davis Collection

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by NONAME, May 10, 2013.

1. Tomorrow Sat. May 11
    Portland Transmission 10th and Hawthorne is the one old show that kicks off the season and has many old rodders that bring their stuff out once a year. it is the only time you will see this many old school rodders in one location. over 8 full blocks blocked off and filled to the brim. starts real early and in over by 12:00-1:00

Davis Collection , opens there doors once a year and has about 190 vehicles, Hot rods , customs, limos, Trucks you name it. plus a full parking lot of very cool stuff. they also start in the A.M and goes to about 3:00-4:00

it's a long day to see both of these great shows I always start with Portland Transmission at about 7:00 am then 10:30-11:30 take the 1/2 hour drive to Davis Show

2. Be sure to get lottsa pics so us that are too far can enjoy.

3. flamingokid

flamingokid

Pics would definitely be nice.

4. If you leave now and drive really really fast err you'd still miss it. I'll take alot of shitty photos with my phone lol
    I'm sure somebody in portland still owns a real camera might get them to post on this same thread

5. Have been meaning to make this one, for the reasons you mentioned....
    Thanks for the "heads up"!

6. fordman1

fordman1

See you there!

7. 3spd

3spd

How early you all going to be there?

Ryland

8. I'll be getting down there @ 9:30 if anyone wants to meet up......

Will get some pics.

9. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

I'll be the early bird. Usually get there before 7:00 AM to get the free coffee and cookies! :)

10. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Where is Portland Tranny and the Davis location. How many cars attend the Portland Tranny show?

Might come down

11. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

Portland Trans is at 11th and Hawthorne on the eastside, the Davis Collection is about 30 mi west in Cornelius. Portland Trans is the event of the year down here!

12. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

Here are a few shots for Portland Transmission.

Attached Files:

13. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

Mickey Thompson's Assault 1 was present.

Attached Files:

14. those are great Marty.
    here are a few others

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 11, 2013
  15. more from Davis Show

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 11, 2013
  16. pontman

pontman

That Mickey Thompson Assualt 1 is so effing cool. I thought that was in a museum?

17. Portland is a museum. I thought everyone knew that lol

18. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

NONAME, We will have to meet someday, we have a mutual friend in Bob Evans.

pontman, There will be a new race museum (World of Speed) in Wilsonville,that will open in about a year, Tony Thacker is the Executive Director, and Ron Huegli is the Curator. They own the Assault 1 and Herm Peterson's AA/FD, that were present today, along with 2 "Jungle Jim" Funny Cars, and some oval track cars (a rare Eddie Kusma Midget) and the Bob Gregg "Supermodified", and are building quite broad based collection at this time. It will house about 80 cars and be a treasured asset for us in the Portland area, and the plan is to have some "cruise nights" like they have at the NHRA in Pomona. Here are a few more from today.

Attached Files:

19. jackal396

jackal396
    from oregon

First time i have been to the Portland Trans show, what a great time, best show i have been to in a long time and the cars maiden voyage did not go to bad, few things to work on but nothing real big.

jp

Last edited: May 12, 2013
  20. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Always a great show, and the great weather gave it a huge turnout this year!

21. Thanks for the great photos, I sure miss living in the PNW, this show was a highlight of the year to me.
    Do you have any info on the channeled 33? It is not owned by a guy named Miller by any chance?

22. Best "non-show" I've seen in some time. Good to see Jackal's and BB's cars in the flesh.

Hmmm, tech. difficulties loading pics......

23. couverkid

couverkid

Yes it is. Owned by Jeff miller,son of Wayne miller. Wayne had one in the 50s that was very similar.

24. redroaddog

redroaddog

gotta put that on my list for next year!:cool:

25. Thank you for the response!
    I used to work with Jeff when I lived in Amboy,Wa. He showed me pictures of his dads channeled coupe and had plans to replicate it. Man he did good, it looks just like the original!
    I have lost track of him, if you see Jeff, tell him Chris said hi, if he remembers me? It has been over 12 years!

26. Chris moved again? Can't keep a job lol 48 Hemi

27. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

I am sorry for the slow response (slept in), somehow I knew the couverkid would have it covered. Over the last few years the Millers have chosen me to help with some welding and fabrication on their cars, they don't come any better than that family. Here are some shots of Wayne's original coupe and Jeff's as well.

Attached Files:

28. NINE INCH

NINE INCH

Good to see Herm Peterson's "Northwest Terror" Top fuel Rail in the public eye, with its new owner. That car deserves to be seen, and HEARD! And...That 55 Chev is Wild !

29. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

It was heard all right, they had 94% in the tank!, Lonnie's 55 is going to get the interior installed this coming week, we started that project about 15 months ago, it will be heading for the strip soon.

30. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

great shots Marty.. thanks for sharing..