Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage portland swap meet

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by marcshall, Feb 26, 2013.

1. fordman1

fordman1

Made out with pretty good weather again today. Enough traffic by my car to not really get to sit down for more than a minute here and there, so I am dead tired. Picked up my new Coker tires, so the T will get new shoes soon! One more day, getting a lot of positive responses but no cash yet, so we will see.

2. Had a damn good meet and ended up finding everything I was looking for but the 50 dodge wayfarer tail light lenses... My new wide whites I picked up have got me really excited!!!

3. NEWFISHER

NEWFISHER
    from Oregon

Aaaand a tow car hitch that I'm hauling back for you hahahha!

Another great year at the swap meet! I am posting this from behind my dry RV in front of our campfire in the infield at turn 1 at an International Raceway. The last 5 days living at the track have been pretty cool. I can't wait to be up here rain or shine next year!

4. A Rodder

A Rodder

I can't wait for you to be there next year either.....
    Bawahhaaaa

Thanks brother

5. Rod & Custom little pages & and Vintage flashlight....Missed out on a pair of nice 9 fin sbc Cal Custom valve covers by minutes... Pisser.... well now I can pay for my Weiand intake.

6. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

That belonged to a friend of mine and it sold yesterday! Factory 4 speed, 6 cyl. car!

7. 41plym

41plym

We had a great time and reserved our same spots for next year. Didn't sell everything but got rid of a lot of the heavy stuff. Met a couple hambers and bought a beer for Alan from billetproof and visited with him for a short time. See ya next year fellow swap meeters.
    41plym

8. 60galaxieJJ

60galaxieJJ

I picked up small stuff. But I mainly got FOOD POISONING from one of the Burger stands at that fair grounds. I'm bringing my own food from now on.

9. I got some BLC lights with the glass bulbs on top for $75. These have no rust but are just the buckets and brackets. When I got home, it turns out I have a painted and stainless set of trim rings I can use as they are BLCs also. I also scored some off topic rear disc brakes complete with everything for $50 that will go on my off Topic 1968 Firebird Convert. And then I picked up 2 sets of window trim for a 1971 Formula for a co worker for $5. There were so many great deals but I am already drowning in projects and just plain maintanance on my cars. I thought the Dual Glide panhead 1959 Harley was a killer deal for $11,500 .

10. Killer deal!!!

11. FEDER

FEDER

Whippet, I also saw the Panhead. He did sell it for 10,000 what a deal! My Son and I were there Sat. Lotsa stuff, didnt buy much just small stuff. Did get a neat tool for drilling axles - drums and rotors. It looks like a wheel spacer but You bolt it on and can redrill em for different sizes. We got one that bolts to a 5 on 5 1/2 bolt pattern then You can redrill them to either 5 on 4 1/2 or 5 on 4 3/4. Came with a pilot drill and the big one for press in studs. A Hundred bucks cool tool.Fed

12. Wayfarerwalk

Wayfarerwalk

Strait Edge, I picked up two lenses and bezels for my 50 Wayfarer convertible from this guy I found on the net. Lenses were used but in excellent shape, one bezel he sent had a chip out of it so he sent an extra to have re-chromed. His prices were half of what was on ebay. Make sure of the part number, I bought some p/n DODAK on ebay that was suppose to fit a 50 dodge, and they do, only not a Wayfarer. the p/n on mine was DODAL, same on the bezels. Hope this helps ya.

http://taillightking.com/

13. eddie1

eddie1

I had very shallow pockets this year but filled my very short list quickly & at more than fair prices. Picked up an uncut wishbone for $40.00 at the track on Thursday afternoon.. Saw one later in the day with an asking price of $75 & 2 on Friday at the Expo for, one already cut with tie rod ends installed for $400 & one that was the twin of the uncut one I bought that was also $400. Picked up a Ford y-block 3-spd bellhousing for $35 & the seller even shared some awesome home made cookies with us.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2013
  14. That was rottenleonard here on the Hamb that makes those wheel lug drill guides. He makes a good tool and a nice guy too...

15. The_Monster

The_Monster

I had a great meet as always! Sold my '53 skirts for $40 as we were setting up Thursday. After we set up, we walked the track. I picked up 3 bellhousings. One was free!! One was $10 and the other was $30. So I scored all 3 for free because of the early skirt sale! :D
    I sold some unique plain-top finned valve covers for a 440 big block chrysler for $150, sold some nice '27 dodge headlights with lenses for $100 and a lot of other cool smaller stuff. I bought almost everything on my list, pre-registered with Rose City Round-up and Billetproof and came home with $100 more than I started with! Nice!
    Ive got awesome plans for next year. Im going to be selling a lot more pinstriped stuff and maybe even stripe at the show next year. Plus we have rad ideas for improving the booth! Cant wait for next year, thatll be the 50th anniversary. I may finally buy a Portland Swapmeet t-shirt next year!

16. heyitsnate

heyitsnate

thursday and friday i got some stuff :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    that black 36 with the late 50s style interior by the red gate from estranged was bad ass. if i had the loot it would be home with me.

17. Yeah that 36 was pretty bad ass. Wasn't it $26,500? It looked like it was from the 70s. If its the same one . The guy you bought the passenger door from has some pretty good deals at the track. I bought some stuff off of him last year. I noticed the drivers door still had the cloth on the upper part with the metal frame that snaps to the door. I need both sides if you ever come across those. The drivers door seemed pretty good for a rust free 1936 coupe door with no rust. It just had a few small dents for $150. There was a 1936 blue grill also that a guy named Don was selling. It looked in pretty good shape.

18. Dad's 1932

Dad's 1932
    from Santa Rosa

Anyone have any more info,pictures or a phone number for the 36 you are talking about ???????????

19. dubcee

dubcee

Yep, but I was too damn hung over sunday morning to deal with it, she will go back in the wood shed for a while.

20. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

Last edited: Apr 10, 2013
  21. heyitsnate

heyitsnate

congrats! that car rules!

22. Last edited: Apr 16, 2013
  23. RatPin

RatPin

Picked up an ultra rare 1966 Wilton swivel jaw bench vise. Stoked!

24. A Rodder

A Rodder

Well, I bought the bitchen little moon fuel block from you and happen to leave it on the decklid of my roadster last week and lost it......

Good swap meet for sure

And yes, Jake got the deal od the century!