Register now to get rid of these ads!

Portland Swamp Meat.. Whos goin?!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by The_Monster, Mar 7, 2011.

1. The_Monster

The_Monster

Expo is open April 1-2-3
    PIR is open March 31, April 1-2-3

AHHH yess... I can smell the familure aroma of the Pacific NW swamp meat surfacing in the near distance! All you rust combers and treasure seekers, get your backpacks, rainjackets and cash filled wallets ready!

Whos goin??
    Whos sellin??
    Whos shoppin??

I think it would be cool if we all met up one day in a predetermined spot for lunch or something. Sound cool? Let me know!

The following are links to each of the sites for more info, and below that are maps for each meet.

Im not affiliated with the meet, Im just really passionate about it. Its the only thing Ive done traditionally in my life for the longest time. This will be my 31st year in a row. Im only 36! lol! My folks took my brother and I since I was 5.

Ive got lots of stories about when the swap meet use to literally have a swamp in the middle of it! They sold every inch of land to the vendors, and many of us were surrounded by water. There were tires and boards laid down in the isles in an attempt to keep shoppers feet dry. Vendors had to plan ahead and bring tables to set items on, or youd risk them floating away!! The same old grouchy hag was still snotting off over the PA back then too!! haha!! Good times, great memories!

Expo site: http://www.portlandswapmeet.com/
    PIR site: http://www.portlandraceway.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&layout=item&id=4&Itemid=273

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hope to see you all there!!

2. anythinggm

anythinggm
    from Oregon

Not sure about the SWAMP meet, but I will be going to the swap meet..LOL..

3. choppedsled

choppedsled
    from Spokane WA

Be there Thursday thru Saturday night, heading out early Sunday. Three days of wind, rain, sun, hail, repeat with more of the same is usually enough for me. Can't wait!

4. Camm

Camm

I'll be there selling parts and a nice car. Today, i started getting things together.:D

5. I'll be there Fri-Sat

6. Sinister

Sinister
    from Oregon

I'll be there at some point in time.

7. daves30

daves30

be there fri and sat. Can't wait!!!!!!!!!

8. I flew over from Australia and went to that swap on my holiday, I came back with some real goodies.
    Backpack was full, plus a box of other stuff to carry in my arms................the car felt like 20 miles away.......but i was smiling all the way back. Thank christ they had an ATM there :)
    Good luck fella's its a great swap weekend, wish I was going again this year.

9. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

We will be there. I'm pretty sure we're all looking for something. I personally will be looking for a reasonably priced set of guide headlights for the coupe. And whatever else I find while I'm there that I think I can't live without....

Looking forward to taking the shuttle bus back to our cars with a bunch of weirdos carrying parts that are obviously too large to be appropriate to carry onto a bus.

10. mikef48

mikef48
    from Aloha, OR

I'm going. I only live about 30 miles from the expo center, but my youngest daughter is coming home from college just to go with me. She pretends to be excited about going and I know it's not her thing but I really like spending the couple of days with just her and me slowly walking around looking through rusty junk. Who knows, maybe we'll even find some parts for my '48 this trip. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

11. NWGreaser

NWGreaser

I'll be there as well. Missed it last year so I'll be at both meets making up for lost time. Can't wait.

12. Destralo Roach

Destralo Roach

Yeah, Gonna try and make it.....Roach.

13. I'll be there Thursday Friday Saturday Sunday with a couple of mates from Australia.

14. TKuhl

TKuhl
    from Pac NW

i;m flying up at 6am to attend on friday! cant wait

15. gsport

gsport

last year was my first time and i plan on doing it again this year...

16. 35+ years I've been going..so yeah, I'll be there.

17. dubcee

dubcee

1316-1317 at the track cant wait!!!!

18. Trubble

Trubble
    from Kent Wash.

I will be there also.Planning on going for the full term 3 day event.Hope i don't run out of doe ray me..A gathering sounds kind of fun...

19. 1320/150

1320/150

This year is my 25th anniversary of this fine event. I never miss it.

20. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Been saving for the swap meet, and I'll be there opening day for both.

21. Half-Fast Motors

Half-Fast Motors

Be there in the Expo bldg. in "Gasoline Alley" (along the north wall towards the back of the bldg). Selling, buying, looking, drinkin' beer. Be at the track Thurs. The old hag that used to drone over the meet drove me crazy, now I'd like to beat the hell out of the old man on the P.A.

22. I'll there on Friday...

23. silversink

silversink

Dinner or lunch at the Dancing bear would be enjoyable, besides it would take your mind off the crowd at the meet. Needless to say I'll be there at both places for the nostalgic week end experience of hunting hard to get pieces of vintage stuff.

24. oldschool55

oldschool55

Be there most of the weekend. Half-Fast Motors, what's your inside stall number? I'll stop by and see what you have.

Shop till you drop.

25. batt69nova

batt69nova
    from OR

Spring rain here in Oregon does get things awefully swampy...

I'll be going.

I'm looking for '54 Olds Holiday parts (interior) as well as 394 parts (or a complete 394).

26. trashn'l

trashn'l

Gonna be there again to brave the rain and the mud. Wouldn't miss it, 31 years in a row!

27. wayfarer

wayfarer

For the first time in a long time, I won't, but I will be sending a list down with my dad.

28. phukinartie

phukinartie

I will be in #1196 and at the track sat

29. The_Monster

The_Monster

It sounds like most of us will be there on Friday, right?
    What do you guys think of meeting in the lobby of Hall E at 12:00?

Just long enough to munch on something, shake some hands and then we part ways and get back to the meet.

Theres a food vender just inside the hall and theres tables and chairs in the lobby.

Just a thought, anyone interested in meetin?

30. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Friday at noon? Sounds great!