Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Portland Roadster Show

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dustless Blasting, Feb 27, 2014.

1. BTT

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm heading down Sunday rather than Saturday as the memorial service for my old High School Auto shop (and my predecessor in the same job) is scheduled for 2 pm Saturday.

3. Sinister

Sinister
    from Oregon

I went today….

Save your money- That's all I'm going to say.

4. Well this years event seems to have a few of the same old cars as usual, but plenty of new things to see. Show seems as if it may be a little smaller than last year. April May has some fantastic art and her both, well worth stopping by to take a look at. Good people, cool cars and trucks. Win/win

5. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

I hit it yesterday, and there's more than "a few" repeat cars from last year! Easily more than a couple dozen that were the same, and zero changes from last year on those cars. Lots of other great cars though, but unfortunate that they have rules and don't enforce them. I guess it's all about money, and filling the place in the end.

6. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It has to be better than the "show" I went to in Yakima today after my old teacher's memorial service. It was more like going to the local add the bling wheels used car lot with 50% of the vehicles being late model cars with nothing more than fancy wheels that were most likely sold to them by the show sponsor. The most Hamb friendly rig in the show was the Crosley Hotshot roadster with a V8-60 flathead in it. That and a nice stone stock 56 Chrysler 300 B complete with original hemi with Dual 4's and the stock air cleaner.

7. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

We had a good time. Lots of cool cars and great people. We were glad to see Thee Inland Emperors there, nice guys and top notch cars.

8. got rust2

got rust2

I assure you my car has not been before, and I took home a trophy, and yup, when it came time to load and the rains came down hard, it was me driving the roadster down to the other parking lot to load. Lotsa wild stuff there, many big $$.

9. rottenleonard

rottenleonard

No body brought a camera?

I'd like to go one of these years I just hate to make that trip twice in two weeks as I always go to the Portland swap meet.

10. Billblyth

Billblyth
    from Idaho

Would love to see the winners in 2014
    Bill

11. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

The newspaper skipped the event this year for some reason. Got a call from a buddy and he said the Oregonian recycled the picture they took of my Austin last year for their article on the Roadster Show last Friday. Funny, since they didn't use the picture last year for the paper, but used it for Oregonlive.com

12. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Ha -Ha! guess if you weren't there you do not need to see what was there.

13. April, did you micron Sunday? I was chasing kids all day Friday & I'm pretty sure you did a change up on us. I didn't get to bug you so now I'll bug you extra at the swap or did Race do it enough for all?

14. I had a chance to meet them as well, as mentioned great guys and awesome cars.