Register now to get rid of these ads!

Port Angeles Washington

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by peddlr, Mar 23, 2011.

1. peddlr

peddlr

Anything going on this weekend in Port Angeles or near by? Gonna be there sat to make a delivery. Then heading back on sun. Hopefuly the weather is ok for driving. Anyone from that area heading to the round-up?

2. gonejunking

gonejunking
    from NW USA

Looks like there is a get together at the XXX in Issaquah You might call them and find out if it's to your liking. 253-208-7285. nwmotoring.com
    Next weekend you could catch the Portland swap meet, biggest swap meet on the west coast.
    Weather should be either rain or sunshine, most likely both.
    Don't see much else. What are you bringing up?
    Jeffrey

3. jjayf

jjayf
    from Yelm, Wa

I think there is the monroe swap this weekend, I might be going.

4. More information about the XXX RootBeer on Sunday the 27th, Spring Fling Car Show. Exit 17 Eastbound Interstate 90 Issaquah Washington.

5. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

What is your intended route? Since it sounds like you are probably in a tractor-trailer rig you will probably want to stay pretty close to the beaten path.

Google Maps says that you go within Ten miles of my place when you pass Exit 50 & 52 on I 82 in Washington.
    http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou...6,-109.248047&spn=15.670179,49.262695&t=h&z=5

Their suggested route through New Mexico and Utah is a pain for anyone trying to make time though. Great senic route in a hot rod but not much fun in a truck.
    A lot of trucks stop at GearJammer in Yakima but it is a bit of a chore to get into it from the east right now.

The XXX in Issaquah is within a half mile of I 90 and has some great burgers and I think you can park a truck pretty close.

Are your plans to take the Seattle to Bainbridge Ferry or take 18 to Tacoma and go across the narrows bridge and up that way? That may have something to do with what you might find in the way of hot rod activities.

The Schedule ins Cruzin Magazine says:

The Auto, Speed and Boat show in Spokane 25,26.27 That's several hundred miles out of the way though.

There is a Brunch show and shine in Auburn on the 26th. I have no idea on that one.
    Also NWmotoring.com spring fling in Issaquah on Sunday the 27th. Most likely that is the event at the Tripple X and that website caters to sports car guys. You might see some high end exotics though and the eye candy should be out if the sun is out.

Not a whole lot as it is still pretty early for us up here.

Unless you plan on getting to Port Angeles on Friday and dropping the load on Saturday early Saturday will be pretty well shot just getting from Seattle to Port Angeles and back to Seattle. Not far on the map but time consuming.

6. Shaggy

Shaggy
    from Sultan, WA

Not 'till may i belive

7. peddlr

peddlr

I'll be drivin an OT dually. Gonna deliver a couple of bronze sculptures on sat. Then got the rest of the weekend to goof off. then probably leave sometime sunday to head back. Not quite sure of my route till I get directions from work. I think I am gonna takeI80.84,&90 fron Cheyeanne. Was hopin to maybe check out the hot rod scene while I am there. leaving at 8 this am. Can be reached at 512-x3two one 8 6 8 niner. Names Ron would enjoy a visit.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2011
  8. Movie Premier in downtown Seattle on Saturday the 26th @ the King Kat Theater, along with a car show and pinup contest. There will be traditional hot rods and rat rods attending.

9. rustdodger

rustdodger

the BIG Monroe swap meet is May 14th &15th,then again in the Fall Oct 8& 9th. I think they have a flea market there on most any weekend not especially car related.

10. jjayf

jjayf
    from Yelm, Wa

I think its a motorcycle swap....

11. rustdodger

rustdodger

I've heard mention of the bike swap in years past. I didn't want anyone going to the flea market thinking it was the big one, I had buddies fall for that before. It sound like you have a handle on it though...