Register now to get rid of these ads!

Popped my hotrod cherry

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Fraz, Jun 25, 2005.

1. Fraz

Fraz
    from Dixon, MO

There was a local car show today, and MoJunk was there with his roadster. My folks and I were talkin with him and his friends, and next thing I know he says "go take it for a spin." So I did. Drove it real quick through the show and popped on the main drag for a sec. It was awesome.

Suffice it to say I gotta build me one now. :D

Got 2 drivetrains to chose from, maybe 3, thanks to my hoarding skills. Now just need the rest of the stuff. Frame, body, front suspension, etc. So who's got stuff for me to buy? :D

2. Tman

Tman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Cool dude, I wondered when it would happen to you? You have been quiet on the build end of things for a while. Look me up at Mokan, I will take you down the strip in mine, bring helmet.

3. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

thats why i am stayin away from them for the time being... mama'd kill me if i got the bug...

imma stick with my '54 for now, least till that 29 dodge gets too far under my skin anyhow :D

4. Jack "goose' Marinelli

Jack "goose' Marinelli

Thats all it takes, back in the early 60's living at ft. Rucker Al.where my dad was stationed, got to ride in a G.I.'s 32 roadster, i was about ten and been hook ever since. Went home told my Dad about it and he said " don't you ever ride in one of those damn things again" just didn't say when i had to stop, so 45 years later i'm still doing it...........Congradulations!

5. Fraz

Fraz
    from Dixon, MO

Well life went and got in the way. Lost family members, been fighting some personal demons, and work, naturally. On top of that just flat out been poor and was content with getting the Byooik more presentable. She's always gonna need work, but it's time to add a rod to this custom guys collection.

Got an A frame in the works, just gotta send the guy the $$$.

And helmet will be brung!

6. igorw

igorw

Altered pilot has most of the makings of a roadster for sale right now, a lot of the stuff is new, he's a hamber so maybe he has the goodies listed on the site somewhere.

7. Mo Junk

Mo Junk

Fraz, try to get an idea of what you want to build. The model A frame is a good foundation to start with. I have some extra wishbones, rearends, front axels, etc. I'll be glad to help you out. You can build a reliable, safe ride cheap with a little planning. As we discussed Sat. a body can be made out of almost anything. There are alot of resources around Waynesville. Build a good repore with a local scrap dealer. I check with one a couple times a week just to see what has come in recently. Give me a call. I'll be glad to help. Sam