Register now to get rid of these ads!

Poor Boys Banned in Sacramento - Rant

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BruceVE, Sep 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. How were the Poor Boys going to prevent the fucktards from acting like animals if there was no police back up?

2. Shifty Shifterton

Shifty Shifterton

Next year turn a pack of stray dogs loose. Double bonus, first any human shit left behind can be blamed on the dogs. Second, there will be no human shit left behind, stray dogs are always looking for a hot lunch. Pure fucking genius huh.

3. Roothawg

Roothawg

We always add stuff in our registration stuff about not acting like retards. So far it has worked.

4. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

Hey Bruce,
    Sorry to hear that for your clubs sake.
    You can dress 'em up,but some can't be taken out.Makes you wonder how they act in their back yard,huh?

On the issue of piles of beer/soda pop cans,we've always thrown them on the ground near the trash as the boy scouts or cleaning crews recycle for that little extra bonus.
    Litter is litter in some peoples eyes.

Good luck with your future shows!

5. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

Either way you guys look at this problem it is and will be the Poor Boys C.C. that will be labeled with a bad name. Everyone knows how fast bad news travels compared to good news. So if I was you Bruce and the Poor Boys bite the bullet on this one and let that community know that you guys are not like that and you don't promote that type of behavior. This is a tough call because it was probably a bunch of drunk fucks obviously with no manners that will destroy your clubs name. The sad thing is not only is this a local problem but now it is a lot broader ranged . I hope and wish you guys the best of luck to make peace with the hotel owners and other with in that community.

6. JamesG

JamesG

How can a car club be held responsible for the actions of others at hotel rooms that were bought and paid for by those others?

It's to bad though, some people just have too much boy left in them.

7. 31whitey

31whitey

educate man

huge beach party here on the 4th on a vacant island

1500lbs of trash left

the city, surfers, and citizens all pulled together to make it known that this happens again.....the fuckin police are gonna set up shop and all the fun stops

they handed out TRASH bags at the boat launches on this LABOR day

the only thing left were cigarette butts.....

now these were mostly a mix of DRUNKEN FRAT BOYS, SURFERS, and HOTTIES

drunks do stupid shit...until there told otherwise....sometimes it works

8. I'm new here, but damn sure not new to conducting myself in a respectable manner.
    It's the Kulture Kids that are ruining it for everybody. The little dorks that you see at an event talking smack on everybody and their cars while usually driving a rusted out sh!tbox themselves. They're only worried about looking cool, they would never help anybody out on contribute to the hobby. They're thug wanna be kids that are too chicken sh!t to join a gang and no respectable club would have them.
    I've seen them at the HotRod Hoedown, the Mobtown Greseball and other local cruises. They're just there to make noise and draw attention to themselves. I'll give both events I mentioned a lot of credit though, if they see you being a dick, you get tossed, no questions asked.
    Sucks what happened, but maybe have club members or any person willing to help out stay at each hotel to keep the retards out.

9. BruceVE

BruceVE
    from Sacramento

Didn't think I'd wake up this morning and have 5 pages of comments to read through. There was both private security, hired by the hotel, and Sac PD. There was also a lot more people at the after party than expected.

Where was I and the rest of the Poor Boys? Walking through the crowd and thanking everyone for coming to our show, since I didn't have time during the show.

I will admit that maybe we had become a little comfortable in not worring about problems. In past years we watched several clubs self policing the crowd and themselfs and always felt they had our back by making sure there was no problems.

Just for the record, "5th year and 5th location" has nothing to do with being kicked out or not welcomed back to any of our previous venues. We keep changing locations because the show and the crowds keep getting bigger.

Not sure what we'll do next year. As I said beforewe can still have the show at the same place but no afterparty and evrybody will have to go home or get their own hotel.

And I'm not telling you where we'll be staying!!!

10. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

To put a catch-all statement like that on him isn't quite right, there are limits to the extents of liability. I certainly hope that he put this show on under an LLC.

11. brewsir

brewsir

Sucks but sounds to me like that TV commercial...nothing good happens after midnight! End the show at 11:30 and hope everyone gets out alive...police the crap outta the parking lot at the end of the show ...it really isn't the best time or place for drunken burnouts and donuts (we have to blackball anyone at billetproof for doing donuts in the grass....you just have to keep the peace) I realize you guys are a small club and it's a huge show...time to get some help...you need volunteers with recognizeable staff shirts to help keep the problems to a minimun...bouncers if you will.
    Save the party for close friends or hanging out in the country...where nobody has to drive home!

12. battersea boys

battersea boys
    from surrey

I guess you need to start with the lowest common denominator

13. Daddyfink

Daddyfink

I know there is a big difference between folks who got ink because it really does mean something and those that covered up their Dolphin tattoos with a a Skull to fit the new look the got into.

Trust me, I know a ton of good people with ink and a few shit heads that should have just kept wearing their pants around their ankles.

14. BruceVE

BruceVE
    from Sacramento

We're thinking right along the same lines on everything you said.

15. Mazooma hit it on the head... the scene VS. the hobby..

also: probably won't have these issues at an NSRA event.. haha. :)

16. UnIOnViLLEHauNT

UnIOnViLLEHauNT

That and I can't think of another reason why there would be a sell out weekend at that place haha. "Come and stay here, basking in the beautiful overlook of a parking lot, strangely enough another hotel next door, and a random stretch of highway. Oh, and a Friendly's nearby..." :D

Sucks, any idea who is the culprit? These days hotels dont mess around and usually have credit cards on file for instances just like this.

17. Mopar34

Mopar34

Bruce - Sorry to hear of your plight. Doing something to help reimburse the hotel would probably be a great gesture even though the damage will be covered by the hotel's insurance. Probably won't get you back in, but at least it might help to erase the sour feeling.

It's not real difficult to beleive this happened. I go to a lot of events, including events put on by the gold chainers and billet crowd as well as some trad and kustom events (not that many in my area), and for the most part the attendees are okay. Some assholes do get a little boisterous when drinking, some get down right nasty. Depending on the size of the event, it might be very hard for the host to control or contain those activities. But it is very difficult to detect which fee paying attendee is going to be a complete asshole after the event and behind closed doors at a hotel, host hotel or not.

I agree that the hotel should know who the people were in the rooms that were damaged and they need to follow up with these assholes thru litigation if necessary to recoupe their losses. As for the lawn shitters, not much can be done unless you can catch one in the act. And a course of correction has already been offered for those fuckers.

Maybe you need to get the hotel registry for the damaged rooms and compare it to the next event registration. If you find a match, politely let the registrant know that no activities such as what happened in 2008 will be tolerated. If they decide to bale, you really haven't lost much.

Here's hoping this year was a one time screw up and that all future events go well.

18. yeah it sucks! all i can say is welcome to the outlaw biker world , same shit different day..

19. UnIOnViLLEHauNT

UnIOnViLLEHauNT

After posting that above I went through and read all 6 pages of this. This really sucks, really sucks a lot.

I personally live, sleep, eat and breathe custom cars, or mostly 49-51 Mercs. Sit here and look at em, buy as many books as I can etc. I have a 51 2 dr in my garage that was a total piece of rusty junkyard crap last year, just about to get its first coat of prime. Its now chopped, really low, shaved, nosed decked...well you get it.

But, I havent been to a car show or event in over a year. I guess just because you are into it, doesn't mean you have to converge with others? I guess I just got tired of the mess and drama. It always seems to be something.

Let's go back aways. Look through Rikster's site. Look at the owners of the customs back then...Nick Matranga, Bob Hirohata so on and so forth. These were rather affluent people. You couldn't have a drop dead custom back in the 50's living on minimum wage, just didn't happen. Fast forward 50 years and what do we have now? A scene that has been whole heartedly infiltrated by gutter trash. When you are too old for the punk scene and a Dead Kennedy's shirt, go rockasilly. Big huge pomp, sideburns down to your toes and some absolutely shitty car. But go to EVERY car event.

Whoever said its the scene vs. the hobby, you are absolutely right. Absolutely absolutely right. And these idiots are going to give the hobby a bad name. It isn't so much the alcohol issue as who you attract. Lead East has some of the nicest cars around at one show, and tons of alcohol being consumed from all angles of the parking lot. But, rarely ever an issue...if ever. It attracts a lot of the older crowd though and keeps the chain wallet commandos at a minimum. Shows where you have people doing donuts in the dirt and jumping all over thier cars like apes tho for "scene pictures" is a different animal.

I love me some beer but I guess at 29 I'm officially a chainer. :D

20. JDHolmes

JDHolmes
    from Spring TX

Dude, I feel sorry for you that your life is so screwed up you think this is the way you're supposed to act.

How much are you donating to help pay for the damage?

21. 4tl8ford

4tl8ford
    from Erie, Pa

Captain!
    We have met the Enemy and They Am Us.

22. CanyonCarver

CanyonCarver
    from So-Cal

I'm sorry to hear this. It only takes a few jackasses and six packs of beer to mess things up and ruin a reputation.

Rebuilding your credence is going to be an uphill battle.

Are you considering relocating the event next time? Of course you might consider enforcing more secuity, but that always cost money. Plus you can't control what people do after hours...

Sorry, I wish I could be more help.

23. Very well said. I'm 30, so I guess I'm kind of an in between too.

When I started going to a lot of cruise nights, I generally got ignored until I proved myself to not be a dickhead. I can completely understand that now. Now, I'm usually sitting next to an old timer shooting the breeze and talking about cars, the cars they used to have, the wars they fought in, the places they've been and the crazy stuff they've seen over the years. They talk a lot about how hot rodding has gone to hell. They talk about how the younger generation has no damn repsect for anyone or anything. They didn't act like drunken animals back in the day, they had respect for each other. Sure there was beef between guys and clubs, but it very rarely led to anything violent or destruction of people's property. The jackoff attending these shows have seen too many movies and they think that's the way it was. It was about the cars and your buddies back then. Greased up hair, a case of PBR and a bad attitude does not make you a hot rodder. Paying respect to the hobby and it's pioneers and not doing anything to harm it are what's been forgotten by these tools. I don't wear tight dark blue jeans and black t shirts, nor do I have greased back hair, so it's usually pretty easy for me to tell who the clowns are at a Hot Rod event, the guys that won't give you the time of day unless you look and act like them. Be and individual, like everyone else!!

But what do they care? When they kill this "scene", they'll just move on to the next.

24. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Man.... the gene pool needs a huge bottle of Javex.

25. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Here we go again with the generalizations!

Most of my friends wear cuffed jeans.

Most of my friends wear black Tshirts, almost all the time.

Most of my friends slick their back. I have no hair, so I can not and have accepted that one after years of counseling... ;) :D

The difference is ALL of my real friends are adult enough to act like men and not complete dumbasses at an event like that. Of course we are all in our 30s (mostly) too.

The difference is the walkabillies ( I like that one!), thugabillys, or as I like to call them the jacket clubs... (no real cars to speak of but matching jackets) that think it is a good time to play billy bad ass. I can almost guarantee that the offenders were under 25. That's how it is when trouble pops up at our show. Luckily we have been able to keep it under control and when it does pop up, it gets self policed or we try to handle it. Trouble can rear it's head anytime by anyone of any age though. We had a friend (in his late 40s) who got really drunk and wanted to take on the whole club! A friend! Luckily we diffused the situation and it's not a big deal. That was weird though.

26. Well, it's not a genralization if your friends will talk to people who aren't dressed up to look the part, that's why I said what I did.

27. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Every scene has it's "A-listers". That's life. It's not limited to Hot Rods, rockabilly, etc.

28. Right, but if you act like a dick, "A-Lister" or not, I'm going to call you a dick. Maybe I'm too nice, but I'll shoot the sh!t with anybody that comes off as a decent person. It's about the cars and the people, not the "Scene". That's the problem, it's become a scene and it's attracting scenesters. It happens with every thing, but those that are truly into what they talk about will always be there regardless. Those are the guys I prefer to associate with. There's more to life than cars and car clubs and the real hot rodders know this. They know a clown when they spot one.

Anyway, sorry to hijack the thread, hope your next event goes more smoothly.

29. CRUZN60

CRUZN60

This reflects on everone and gives us all a bad image.

30. jchav62

jchav62

Yes it does...and that really sucks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.