Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Pontiac Torpedo Streamliner 1941

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chevythechief, Dec 20, 2013.

1. chevythechief

chevythechief
    from Sweden

Bought this car from North dakota in winter 2012. The seller told me that the engine was seized but I got it loose with some hydraulic fluid and a ratchet.

The idea I have is to preserve the patina and get it nearer to thw ground using lowering blocks and a anglegrinder for the springs in the frint suspension. I will try to keep other stuff as original as I can.

Patrick "Pizzton" Sergmo

Attached Files:

2. chevythechief

chevythechief
    from Sweden

The front of the car had felt some contact with a un identified object. It needed some TLC to align. I fabricated new inner fenders and new sheetmetal for the area under the grille, dont know the american word for it.

Patrick "Pizzton" Sergmo

Attached Files:

3. U have 2 project at the same time.....
    I have 1 and thinks that's hard

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

4. that area is the gravel pan.

5. chevythechief

chevythechief
    from Sweden

Thanks 55dude :)

Kind regards!
    // Patrick

6. bald_and_grumpy

bald_and_grumpy

That is a great looking car.

7. 302GMC

302GMC
    from Idaho

Dean Batchelor drove a '41 Pontiac ...

8. My parents' first car. Saw one last year at the Lawrence (Ks) swap meet. I'll be watching your progress, rooting you on. They look fast merely standing still.

9. chevythechief

chevythechief
    from Sweden

Thanks guys for the friendly words! The progress is slowly due to my other -51 styleline project, but i will try to update as soon as i can. Working on the floor in the trunk at this moment. Pretty solid car with not so much rust, found three small rusted out holes on the hole car.

Kind regards!
    // Patrick

10. chevythechief

chevythechief
    from Sweden

Cool man with a cool car, Dean Batchelor ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1387635040.408044.jpg

Kind regards!
    // Patrick

11. I drove a 41 coupe a few years ago with the 6 cylinder engine. I didnt' like the vertical decorations under the headlights and removed them. Also, I put 48 Pontiac tailights in it.

Attached Files:

12. bigbore

bigbore

hi. Your car is awesome! I have the same project here, Budapest, Hungary. Can you help me with some source of body parts? I need a lot of them....

Thanks and merry christmas!
    Daniel

13. Love the lines of this car.

14. Here's a nice looking 41 Pontiac for some inspiration (not mine)

Attached Files:

15. chevythechief

chevythechief
    from Sweden

Long time since ive been posting here. Ran across a front clip and rear axle from g20 chevy van from 84 and bought it. The plan bolt it on the ol Chief. The width of the front clip is about 10 " wider than the old Pontiac front suspension, thinking about narrowing it? Anybody done this before? And why is the steering arms in front of the cross memeber? Does any other Chevy parts fit the g20 front clip, like spindles etc? Please school me :)