Register now to get rid of these ads!

Pontiac Steering Challenge

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by nooch, Sep 12, 2005.

1. nooch

nooch

Howdy
    I posted a WTB on the classifed section for a replacement steering box for my 54 Pontiac and no surprises (after all thats why the HAMB rules!) the Green Goblin reckons hes got one I can have for the postage.

So, the question is can you use a steering box from a LHD US Pontiac and put it in a RHD Australian Pontiac?? What do I need to consider - come on tech-heads - I'm calling you out :)

2. Crestliner

Crestliner

I know on model As, they list a left and right hand drive parts as being different.

3. So, the question is can you use a steering box from a LHD US Pontiac and put it in a RHD Australian Pontiac?? What do I need to consider - come on tech-heads - I'm calling you out :)[/QUOTE]

Depends on which side of the right frame rail you are planning on mounting it on.

Some right hand drive boxes are left hand drive chevy truck(67-up ) boxes mounted on the inside of the right hand Rail.

However if you are planning on mounting the box on the outside of the frame rail then the left drive passenger car box will will work.