Here is my Pontiac roadster ute project. I haven't posted it on The HAMB earlier, because its not really traditional. But there has been some interest, so here goes. If you are going to flame me for it, you'd better make it funny I've pretty much copied and pasted this from another hotrod (or is that streetrod?) forum. So please excuse any continuity errors. I bought it in December 2007 off eBay, unseen. The add said "not much rust".... Here is one of the pics from the add. I got a great deal on transport from Victoria to my place in Sydney, but the boot lid (edit: trunk lid) came off somewhere between Swan Hill and Cowra. As far as I know, its still out there. So, when it turned up in late Feb I wasn't real happy. There was rust and damage a plenty. I knew about the front being bent, but had no idea that both rear quarters were bent, the drivers door was caved in, both rear guards were bent, there was major rust everywhere, and it had been rolled over and repaired a long time before any of that. And the damage wouldn't even show up in a photo! The worst part was that the previous repairs had never been sealed from behind, so they were all now paper thin. What to do? Why, cut it up of course. Plans quickly developed to make a roadster ute out of the good bits. After getting the body out of the way, I found that the chassis was bent, rusty, had dozens of cracks, and about 2 feet of oxy welds where it had been repaired previously. And I do mean rusty, from being in many floods down by the river. As well as being wider than the front end I had for it. Not really ideal for what I wanted.Vintage chassises can be hard to find in a hurry here, so I tore ( literally ) the body off a Hilux/Tacoma and started from there. After cutting out the rusty floors there wasn't much Poncho left, so I started with some RHS and made a basic frame for the body. I beat the front panels back into shape, and worked from the wheel arches back. And then mocked it up on the chassis. So in goes the motor and box. I'm a bit of a EFI 5litre fan. Please forgive me. Also, a post 1984 engine was a requirement for registration here in Oz. And then some pedals, steering and seats. Nearly all Commodore, but Hilux brakes complete and un-moded. At this point the car was a roller, with all the controls working. The brakes, clutch, steering and so on are all done. This was about April, the one advantage of using a Hilux chassis - its pretty fast to build to this point. For some reason I stopped taking photos about this time. LOTS of boring panel work and rust repairs later it emerged looking somewhat like a car again, complete with half arsed flames Its a little further along than where the pictures show. It has floors in it, and I have sorted the loom for the EFI.