Register now to get rid of these ads!

pontiac mounts?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mooseknuckle, Aug 19, 2011.

1. mooseknuckle

mooseknuckle
    from Santee

I was wondering if anybody could tell me the approximate distance between the mount perches on a pontiac v8 350-455?

if im not making any sence let me know haha

Last edited: Aug 19, 2011
  2. mooseknuckle

mooseknuckle
    from Santee

or if its the same distance as any other motor, like any othe BOP? or anythin else?

3. 55chieftain

55chieftain

I was using the early style pre-69 I believe GTO mount where the insulator is on the engine side and if I remember 16 1/4" . I think thats the same like a sb Chevy if your looking to use a engine mount crossmember? The space in the mount is about 4" wide so it would have to have a spacer. The later style mount the insulator was on the frame.

If your engine is still on your stand like in your avatar , mock up the mounts on the engine and make a cardboard template to figure the exact differance.

4. mooseknuckle

mooseknuckle
    from Santee

thats what i needed to know. yeah, a cross member was exactly was i was looking at. il get to work on that cardboard template. thank you very much.

Iv seen your threads alot on the hamb while searching for pontiac info. i dig the front timing cover motor mount plate that you use. your poncho's pretty sweet!

Register now to get rid of these ads!