Register now to get rid of these ads!

Ponderings on another Project

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by J_J_, Apr 24, 2008.

1. J_J_

J_J_

Picked up a 29 sedan frame in trade with the neighboor, he went new and was gonna recycle this one so I grabbed it but before I could get it off him he ad already cut the frame horns off right in front of the crossmember which has messed up spring mounting holes and needs replacement, he had previously and poorly boxed it too.
    I also traded out for a 68 250 L6 and power glide from a nova, found a firewall about the right era for the sedan frame, and found a 30's mercedes grill shell we found burried at my fathers shop, chromes gone but it's extremely straight. just traded a holley for a pair of split wishbones and I figured I'd use the 8" rear end out of the 67 stang I'm doing .. the plan was to find a body and the needed suspension parts and have a little rat rod/jalopy/toy..
    Anyway reading through things and such I see alot of guys just going with new frames built or bought and so I'm left pondering a few things;
    Should I bother with this frame or not, next is wether to replace and use the stock spring hanger/ front crossmember or tube the front end and due the suicide thing?

2. J_J_

J_J_

Someones gotta have some input?

3. chaddilac

chaddilac

I think it was the "Rat Rod" comment that made everyone leave.

4. Kreal

Kreal

If you still have the 1930s Mercedes grill shell I would be interested in buying it if you had the crank cap thanks

5. J_J_

J_J_

It sold for 150 in september on ebay and it had the crank cap was a beautifull piece short of needing a good replating..
    Hell I forgot all about this thread...