Register now to get rid of these ads!

Pocono Drag Lodge Reunion- August 6, 2011!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gaspumpchas, Jun 13, 2011.

1. gaspumpchas

gaspumpchas

Please join us for the Third annual Pocono Drag Lodge Reunion to be held on Saturday, August 6, at the drag strip, 648 Meadow Run Road, Bear Creek, off route 115.Once again we will line up the show cars and hot rods on the Historic Drag strip that was open from 1963- 1972. We will have free dash Plaques to the first 350 show cars; Peoples Choice trophies will be awarded. Dj, food, tee shirts and automotive swap meet will be on hand also. In conjunction with the Pocono Drag lodge reunion, we will host the Second annual WARMLAND MIGHTY 590 reunion, with 2 of the “sensational seven” attending, Joey Shaver and Tommy Woods. Admission will be $15 for cars, which includes the driver and a dash plaque; spectators $5. There will be no year cutoff on the show cars, bring whatcha’ got!!! Rain or shine!!!For more info call Charlie at 845-635-3662 or email [email protected]
    Thanks so much for the help!!

Charlie Hulsizer

Promotor, Pocono Drag Lodge Reunion

2. This is the same weekend as Pocono NASCAR race, if you need rooms book NOW.

3. 65 dodge guy

65 dodge guy

can we preregister like last year
    thanks gene

4. gaspumpchas

gaspumpchas

One month to go!!!

Charlie:d

5. gaspumpchas

gaspumpchas

Bob Bilbow, Dr. Lyndwood, said that he expects 8 Lyndwood dragsters to attend, including Stan Shoppel's twin flathead powered Eliminator!! Plus other surprises I'm working on to attend!!!

Charlie

6. Less than two weeks away, who's going ? Lyndwood shop party is Fri nite, go to Lyndwood Eliminators social group for details.

7. mazdaslam

mazdaslam

I will be there with my Merc... I cant wait!!!!

8. Stan's Lyndwood alone is worth the price of admission. :)

Attached Files:

9. Shamedevil

Shamedevil

I will be there!:)

10. A little something from the 60's. Ron Capps' crew chief Tim Richards was a PDL regular and a fierce Super Stock competitor with this Plymouth known as Taxi II. He had the "neutral start" thing figured out for sure and won often.

Attached Files:

11. Another Tim Richards pic. Anyone know what became of Taxi II ?

Attached Files:

12. Joe Orem's SBC powered D/MP Plymouth coupe, Bob Steiner's Lyndwood Chassis SBC altered. Steiner will be with us again this year. Anybody know where to find Joe Orem ?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 30, 2011
  13. vetrod62

vetrod62

Are there any details on trailer parking?? We used to race there in the 60s with some of the same cars. We made the first one and trailering and parking were a mess. Off site would be great, as our cars all still run and race.

Up on the hill. Aug. 9,2009
    [​IMG]

14. FyUoCuK239

FyUoCuK239

I'll be there. Cant wait...

15. milo1303s

milo1303s

I know it rained all day but did anyone get any pics ?

16. Spike!

Spike!

I did. yup.

17. It didn't rain all day... it poured!!

18. Shamedevil

Shamedevil

Please post some pics!

19. Started a new thread for pics but can't get any of mine to post. PM me your email and I'll send them to you.

20. Bucksnort

Bucksnort

Nice photos,Jack.
    Used to read about PDL in EDN along with all the northeast tracks.
    Good to see Ron Abbotts Hellzapoppin car there.
    Bob Schlagel(spell)bought and restored it.Old Dover guy.

21. Met those Hellzapoppin guys at York and they were part of our Pocono Crew.

22. gaspumpchas

gaspumpchas

Thanks to everyone who came and braved the bad weather, and everyone else who helped in one way or another....BTW mazdaslam took a peoples choice award this year again, took one in 2009 also.....his Merc is a piece of Fine art!!!!

Charlie

23. mazdaslam

mazdaslam

Thanks Charlie. I will always come to this show. I love it!!

24. BeatnikPirate

BeatnikPirate
    from Media, Pa.

Thanks for the pics, Jack. I missed it this year. It was great to see the pic of Hellzapoppin. Haven't seen it since Atco in the early sixties.

25. Great pix, Jack. Thanks for posting. Wish I had gotten there a little earlier when it was a bit drier.