Register now to get rid of these ads!

PMs

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by Sir X Loin, Apr 18, 2007.

1. Sir X Loin

Sir X Loin

Admins,

I have noticed a huge amount of messages on the board that are one line messages just letting other members know that they have a PM. The may sound like I have PMS but its its ridiculous. As a default the board is set up to automatically let you know the status of PMs. Are members just trying bump up their post #'s. The one word/line messages should be deleted so people who actually want to read information dont have to scroll through "speed bumps".

2. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

Can I get an AMEN?

Some people use it as a way of claiming "dibs" which is another practice we don't care too much for.

I've moderated more than a few deals where a dude posts "PM sent" in the ad and THEN goes and sends the PM. Meanwhile, someone else has sent a PM and it is time stamped before the "PM sent" message. Then there's a pissing contest. I always side with the dude who gets the green there first. We do have some serial dibs callers on here.

We have started deleting these "PM sent" messages at random. We do not hunt down and kill them but wipe them as we cross them and have time.

Still, there's only three of us and 28,000+ users......

3. Sir X Loin

Sir X Loin

Cool, glad it isnt just me. My rage is starting to settle down now! keep up the good work!