Register now to get rid of these ads!

please look, questions about CA registration

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hron13, Mar 23, 2009.

1. hron13

hron13
    from sandy eggo

thanks guys, im headed to the DMV tomorrow to talk to them, because i did a bit more reserch and have turned up...

-if i wait till next year and get a sb100 i can have it registered as a 31
    -or see if my motor counts as crate and register it special construct as a *2008, with the emissions requirments of a 1960

thanks for the help and for a couple laughs lol

2. Crazydaddyo

Crazydaddyo

Here is a serch I did :
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/search.php?searchid=5722613

5 seconds found three pages of posts about his question. If he had bothered to read the guidelines and did his due dilligence his question would have been answered like it has so many times before.
    This forum is so cluttered with nonsensical posts now, that when someone actually has a legitimate question to post that it gets buried and the chance that the right people get to see it is diminished.

Discipline is what maintains order in society and without reminders like mine to those who don't bother to learn these protocols, this forum will no longer be the information source it is. Hardy, rude people don't respond to kindness.

hron13,
    Welcome to the HAMB. You will find that it is a never ending resource to any and all Hot Rodders. Remember communities are bettered by giving and participation and depleted by selfish pursuits. The HAMB is our community, make it stronger.

.<O:p</O:p

3. hron13

hron13
    from sandy eggo

thanks, i did look but i still felt i needed to ask, but i hope to help contribute to this community in the future not just be a leach, so thanks again everyone,

mods if you want go ahead and lock this thread

4. i would also look in the classifieds for "historical paperwork", then try the dmv and get a vin tag put on by them or buy a frame with paperwork and get to welding (maybe even use the old frame to show them and tell them it's now has an aftermarket frame to get a new vin tag).

5. Crazydaddyo

Crazydaddyo

All I typed in the search was: California titles.

Most of the results were about this subject. I've seen nothing new so far.

6. DONT GO TALK TO THE DMV FIRST!!!

the problem is that the employees generally have NO idea what they are talking about but act like they do, so when you try to follow the procedures in the book they will argue with you and make your life a living hell (like when i showed them the code IN THE BOOK and they still argured that i was wrong). supervisors are rarely more helpful. after that, you are a marked man. this kind of thing is a terrible pain in the butt for a state employee.

call CARS in temecula and get a AAA membership.

there are perfectly legal ways that are far less painful than talking to the DMV.

7. Hot Rod Michelle

Hot Rod Michelle

Yea, like Alteredpilot says, most DMV employees don't know squat. Most of the time I tell them what they need to do to get me on my way. They don't believe me, ask their stupidvisor, and come back and tell me that I was right. I have already registered 3 cars on the YOM program. And, come July, the state will include cars up to 1972 as I understand it.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2009
  8. Under the provisions of the Specially Constructed Vehicle Emission Control Program (commonly known as CA Senate Bill 100), a smog test referee compares the vehicle to those of the era that the vehicle most closely resembles to determine its model year. The vehicle's owner can then choose whether the inspector will certify the vehicle per the year of the body or the engine. If there is no close resemblance, the vehicle is classified as a 1960 model year. The Senate Bill 100 registration program is limited, however, to the first 500 applications for registrations of specially constructed vehicles submitted to DMV per year that meet the criteria. DMV doesn't categorize the vehicles into SB100 or not; the applicant does that.

9. Sutton Speed

Sutton Speed

OK, you arent listening... Its super easy... dont do all your DMV crap....

CALL CARS IN TEMECULA.

http://carstitle.com/

10. hron13

hron13
    from sandy eggo

k i will and see what they can do for me....

11. sidera208

sidera208

i am in the process right now of blue tag. and it is not as hard as i would have though. being from Mississippi we just do a salvage title and its done in 2 days. but here you can blue tag in ca. and you have about 3 paper forums to do so far. and they just stamp a blue tag in the door jam or on the dash. and your done. to do what you thought about doing is a trouble, b bad if you tried to sale. so just call you local CHP office and tell them you want to blue tag you car that you do not have tittle. and you want it registered. they will set appointment and you mite have to trailer it to them. or they will come to you. but its not that bad so far let you know how it goes