Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Please ID this old car!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ratamahata, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Hey guys! Please can anyone give me an opinion about this body? I'm thinking, was 32 coupe really! but the moldings in the door confuse me!

2. Pictures!

Attached Files:

volvobrynk likes this.
  3. 26Troadster

26Troadster

looks more like a cut down sedan, that left the rear quarters.

volvobrynk and ratamahata like this.

4. Cowl looks 32, but from the B-pillar back it looks 35-36 coupe with the trunk cut off. Looks rough as is, but it "could" be something cool if you have the patience and know-how....or not.

volvobrynk likes this.
  5. I was confused with my 32 pick up doors! They have 4 moldings! But saw some pics on the web and the doors looks like 5w doors!

6. Doors and cowl appear to be 32, is it sitting on a 32 frame?

7. 26Troadster

26Troadster

glad there are folks who know this stuff cause i would have never said coupe.

8. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Those DO look like 5 window doors. Could that front cowl section be from a cabriolet? Note the flatness of the top of the windshield, and that top is curved and seems to be one piece from the header on back.
    Hope it wasn't a B400! :eek:

Ditto on Chris's question...Can you get up to it and check for a 'reveal' at the frame rail bottoms?
    *Also noticed there's no steering sector holes...

volvobrynk and timwhit like this.
  9. Looks like it started life as a '32. The cowl and doors that is. The hood, grill and fenders appear to be model A. The bottom of the cowl runs uphill on the drivers side, a '32 doesn't do that. Maybe it's bent and not modified. The windshield frame has square corners on top like a cabrio or woodie would have. I won't even guess about the back half. And, the frame looks like '32 from what I can see. The bed and rear fenders are not Ford as far as I can tell. Tim

Atwater Mike likes this.
  10. Hey guys! Thanks for the replies! Yes looks a deuce frame! I asked to the guy and will take more detailed pictures!

Enviado desde mi XT1068 mediante Tapatalk

11. Certainly the roof is handmade or modified! Look at the windshield! Maybe the corners are square due to that roof!

12. uploadfromtaptalk1457549209406.jpg

13. Another! They said delivery body! Look the square windshield corners!

14. Its passenger car, not truck or delivery. See how the windshield leans back slightly?

ratamahata likes this.
  15. chrisp

chrisp

My guess would be 32 Cabriolet cowl and windshield with 5w doors and shortened 5w quarter with trunk cut off.
    Looks kinda cool, with a ute type bed it would be sweet.

16. uploadfromtaptalk1457552436566.jpg

triman62 likes this.
  17. Mmm! 400 body style!

18. Dago 88

Dago 88
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Could it be a sports coupe, & the lack of steering box holes in the frame, could it be right hand drive? untitled.png

19. Asphalt Demon

Asphalt Demon
    from Australia

check out the european deuce thread? it may give you some answers ?they are squarer above the windscreen too.and laid back? I've spent a bit of time in Argentina and its countryside, and enjoyed the old cars saved there, i think it may help at least cancel out its origins.I think the portion of wheel arch at the back of the cab,and window shape tells us itsa cut down 4 door with european origins. Johnny

20. alchemy

alchemy

I'd also bet it was a sport coupe that somebody welded some other car's top to. Definitely mostly '32 Ford parts.

21. Yes! Sport coupe! No doubt, they cut the quarter just behind de seat and make that ugly window!

22. triman62

triman62

Clyde Barrows B 400 after he ran off the washed out bridge in Collingsworth County, Oklahoma.

23. triman62

triman62

Clyde Barrows B 400 after he ran off the washed out bridge in Collingsworth County Oklahoma? 5836ab51c5179f20f6653a0ee363b937.jpg