Register now to get rid of these ads!

PLEASE, I need some SHOCK HELP!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HeX, Apr 20, 2006.

1. HeX

HeX

I am lowering my '47 ford.....or I should say my buddy Rick is lowering it.......but I digress...........I need somem HELP, please...........

I need shocks that have a 1/2" eyelet at each end and measure 14" when decompressed and around 10" when compressed.

I know, the first thing everyone is going to say is go to the parts store.........Well, there are 2 problems with that.....First, no parts store locally has any book/manual giving any dimensions of the shocks...........Second, the only way to measure for myself is to open up each shock and break the seal........Now, I'm sure you can figure out that this isn't tenable.............

I know someone on here has some guidance.........PLEASE I'm begging ya...........Did I say, "please?"......................

Thanks in advance.

Tim

2. LUX BLUE

LUX BLUE
    Alliance Vendor
    from AUSTIN,TX

you need to find a midas or other brake/suspension shop that has a copy of the Monroe ERIS program--it is a monroe catalog on disc that happens to have a dimensions chart...so ya don't like monroe? good thing they have a cross reference on every page.

and if that don't work fer ya, give a call to Toxic shocks. they make lowered shocks for the lowrider sect-they've been around for quite a while and make a nice product--and can let ya know what you need.especially if you give them as much info as you have given us!

3. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Loop Rd. Auto parts can help you... Hell, Car Quest has a book of shock dimensions, but I know the guys at loop can help.

4. SimonSez

SimonSez

Carrera shocks do a chrome 3-way adjustable shock that will work.

It is part # 2254 (9 3/8" compressed, 14 3/8" open with urethane bushings at each end with bushings to suit 1/2 inch - 5/8 bolts).

5. HeX

HeX

Unkle Ian.......HOLY SHIT! That's the answer..... THANKS!!!

Scott, that's the next stop................I just don't live close nor have the time to run there anytime soon.............I'm gonna call them tomorrow and see if they have anything for me..........that is if the monroe lead that Unkle Ian gave me doesn't pan out..............

Tim