Register now to get rid of these ads!

please Explain -Coupe/Business Coupe/Sedan

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fordstandard, Dec 15, 2009.

1. Please clarify -- Regarding a 2 Door 1949-51 Ford

What is difference between;
    * Coupe
    * Business Coupe
    * Sedan

How do body styles, lenghts, side windows etc differ.
    Which is most desireable to chop ?
    Some are telling me that they refer to a Sedan as a 4 door ?

2. Captain Freedom

Captain Freedom
    from Upstate SC

Coupes look funny chopped, but you shouldn't listen to what people say looks good or not. Do what thou wilt.

3. LarzBahrs

LarzBahrs
    from Sacramento

A sedan seats 4

4. MichaelDorman

MichaelDorman

Coupe – 2 door, seats 4
    Bus. Coupe – 2 door, seats 2 (no rear seat, for carying samples and stuff)
    Sedan – 4 door, seats 4 and has a longer roof

There is also the Tudor Sedan that has 2 doors, seats 4 but has the 4 door roof.

The Tudor Sedan looks the best chopped. Bus. Coupes and Coupes look best slammed on the ground and un-cut.

5. Well I don't know the 49-51 fords but the desoto's and chrysler I like are similar.

I typed out what I thought was relevant but then did some google image searches and found out that fords are much differnt....Never mind.:eek:

6. Coupe
    [​IMG]

2 door sedan
    [​IMG]

7. I just picked up a '49 2 door "sedan". Check out our "SHOEBOX BARNFIND" on the HAMB here or google it. Sedans come in 2 and 4 doors. Our car has those "vent wings" (windows) in the rear side windows and etc. It also has the vent wings on the front side windows too. A coupe (or business coupe) is also a 2 door but has no similar seperate back side window vent wings. The top on a coupe is somewhat shorter in profile than a sedan. Easy to spot in pics. Great pics posted above by exwestracer.

8. MarkzRodz

MarkzRodz
    BANNED

I was kinda close but never knew the literal meaning,,,Thanks.

9. ems customer service

ems customer service

this is easy,

business coupe: no back seat, had a parcel self for salesman, and it had a shorter rear 1/4 window like blue car in pic, which means there was more space between the bottom of the rear window and the trunk lid

2door sedan: had regular back seat, 1/4 window normal size like red car in pic.

coupe/sedan: had shorter 1/4 window like blue car, and biz coupe but has a back seat

10. ems customer service

ems customer service

more stuff: other than the roof, 1/4 window, all patch panels are the same, lower 1/4, rockers, trunk floor etc.

11. Why do chicken coupes have 2 doors?
    If they had 4 doors they would be a chicken sedan!

12. Feeling couped up? Go see Dan 4 doors...:rolleyes:

13. jimn3d

jimn3d

Business coupe has the same shape as a Club Coupe. The Business Coupe has no back seat and a fixed back window. The Club Coupe has a window in the rear that turns out for the rear passenger to get some air. The sedan has a longer roof and vent windows in the rear. The consensus for most rodders is to chop a sedan. I have a custom builder who is trying to convince me to chop my Business coupe. I am not too wild about that. A three inch might be cool but I would have to see some pictures of that. Business Coupes and CLub Coupes are harder to find. Good Luck with your decisions!