Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Please delete

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BIGREDTODD, Oct 15, 2018.

1. Please delete...thanks

Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
  2. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

have you looked closer to home? many price ranges on craigslist - even a fixer upper for $2500 in Stockton at iPull-UPull wrecking yard

3. Yeah, I have been looking continually for a few months...nationwide. Already got screwed out of a deposit in CA. The right car is out there (and it isn't going to be a fixer upper). I did see that white parts car in Stockton show up yesterday in my search.

Right now I may have found a contender, just need to get some eyes on it.

4. In this day & age - everyone either had a smart phone or knows someone with a smart phone.

If you don’t want to hire an independent person or company to do an evaluation - have the Seller or someone they know shoot video(s) of the areas of concern to you onsite & in real time - then send them to you for evaluation.

Someone else’s eyes are not yours .....

Jim

5. Yeah, I agree Jim. Even good pictures can be deceiving. I learned that the hard way recently. I would entertain paying for a 3rd party PPI, but would sure prefer to use one that comes VIA solid references. At some point it becomes a situation where I may just hop on a flight and check it out myself.

6. I now have the number for the mechanic who has worked on it, but would really like to have someone on my team...

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

7. Gman0046

Gman0046

Read recently where someone took pictures of someone elses car rather then his own. Trust no one.

Gary

8. Its a little far for me in Chicago, but I be sure to have it looked at. I was fortunate enough to have invisiblkid check out a 49 Olds for me in N Ca. recently and the rust free car that looked great in the pictures turned out be full of rust. The floors that looked great from underneath with a heavy coat of undercoating were rusted above the undercoating and the bottom of the doors were like lace.

Good Luck and be especially wary of a Midwest car, lots of salt and rust out here.