Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects PLEASE DELETE THREAD

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by moparob, Oct 30, 2012.

1. PLEASE DELETE THREAD

Last edited: Jun 30, 2017
  2. deto

deto

big fast cars rule...

3. Any before pics?? I'd like to see how your grandpa put the 318 in it in the first place, also I'm a pic whore for 50 dodges!!!

4. 73RR

73RR

Interesting re-do.
    Would the front crossmember require surgery if you used a remote oil filter?
    What is the plan for exhaust manifolds?
    Have you looked at a Cavalire rack?

Oh Yeah, more pics please.

5. kennkat

kennkat

Holy Crap! Real Neat Hot Rod...

6. Man that is going to be sitting in the front seat with you that far back.

7. Love the car, love the nasty big block.

Max Wedge manifolds are awesome, probably the best Manifolds ever - but they are not as good as headers, not real properly sized equal length headers. Headers can create a scavenge, maxie manifolds can't do that.

8. honeyman

honeyman
    from Steiner

Didn't realize how similar '50 Dodge and '50 Plymouth front end styling was. Love the business coupes... on my second one! More detail on getting around steering box issues when you have the time would be great. 440 in that engine compartment is a LOT of motor. What rear-end are you gonna run?

9. 73RR

73RR

Quite frankly, I'm very surprised that they will clear everything. Of course they work well with mostly stock engines, but... Yours is a 'bit' different.

10. 53 COE

53 COE
    from PNW

Nice fab skills applied to a good looking car. My Dodge was Grandpa's too.

:cool:

11. HELLVIS

HELLVIS

12. 4950ford

4950ford
    from cushing,ok

nice, i love me some mopars

13. gatz

gatz

nice work !

I had a 50 Dodge for a school car....back then (60's) a 4-door just wasn't cool.

But, I always liked the coupes. Friend had a 48 Ply coupe that he put a Hemi in.

What is the R&P from? does it have enough travel or do you have to alter the length of the steering arms ?

gatz

14. supervert

supervert

i think with that mustang rack you are going to have major bump steer, more than the goofy stock setup.

theres my 2 cents

cool build though

15. farmer12

farmer12

This is going to be one great ride. Looking forward to the progress reports! Nice work so far.

16. gatz

gatz

Do you have a picture of the Cavalier R&P? Did they make these "center pivot" in powered version too?

gatz

17. gatz

gatz

Rob, nice goin'

re: bud's 48 Ply w Hemi.... no, I don't have any pics. I was sure impressed with it at the time tho'........ this was in '65. IIRC, he retained the 3-sp std xmsn.

I'm on the hunt for a Cav CTO R&P also, only I'm going with the power version for the 40 Royal coupe.

Probably keep the original suspension too, as it seems fairly tight.

Do you plan on maintaining the stock caster/camber settings?

gatz

18. farmer12

farmer12

Good to see some progress Rob! What's next on the list?

19. supervert

supervert

if you add a p.h. bar, you should make the upper arms more parallel. if not you will have some major binding.

20. supervert

supervert

if it were me, i would ditch the upper bushings on the axle side. then run some heims so you can squeeze them a little closer to the diff.

or you can run a wishbone on the upper with a single 1-1/4 heim or a johnyjoint

the rack setup looks good, im just about ready to do mine.

21. 4woody

4woody

I just put a 383 into a '38 Chrysler. Similar deal to yours with the power R&P.

I see where you have a cut (I assume for the oil pump & filter) mapped out at the driver's side of the front crossmember. I was able to avoid most of that with a Milodon oil pump cover and a remote filter, and that driver's front corner was still a bit of a cluster fcuk.

I felt the remote filter was well worth installing. It made that corner much easier.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

22. Man I can't wait to see how she comes out. It's always cool to see someone building something familiar. Not many out there being built. Keep up all the good work you are doing and good luck.

Keep those pics coming

23. 4woody

4woody

24. Spanish Fly

Spanish Fly

25. El Tortuga

El Tortuga

Here is one I built a few years ago.

Attached Files:

26. n847

n847

Wow...looking impressive! Love those upper arms you made! Subscribed...

27. Damn! I've got 15x7 police wheels all the way around mine with 225/75-15 tires on it and with 2 inch blocks in the back and I cans take the back wheels off without disconnecting the shocks and airing down the tires... And even then it's a bitch.

28. El Tortuga

El Tortuga

I chopped it just 3 inches, had plan on more but started at 3 and put the roof on it just seemed to be a nice not over done compliment to the car. If I had to do it again I may go 3.5. From the response I got afterwards I felt like I had made the right decision when I owned it.

29. n847

n847

Nicely done! Damn good looking garage and tools too! Did you use a sealer under the new firewall panels, or are you gonna seal it from the inside?

30. Did this for someone on the photoshop thread. Not sure if he liked it, but I thought it was pretty neat! The side chrome is 56 Merc, modified the front edge of the rear fenders to fit it and chopped the top. Anyway, just some food for thought, take it or leave it.

[​IMG]