Register now to get rid of these ads!

please delete this...somehow it is a duplicate.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 333 Half Evil, Dec 25, 2009.

1. 333 Half Evil

333 Half Evil

I have been trying to locate my dads old 55 chevy drag car. Not having much luck on that, but I did have an idea for a chrismtmas gift. I thought I'd find a die cast 55 chevy and build it as his car was built. A friend had a 55 chevy american grafitti 1/18 scale, and it had a tilt front to boot. Well I took it all apart, removed the hood scoop, filled the hole in the hood, removed the bumpers, built little push/nerf bars for the rear, swapped the rear tires and painted the chrome wheels black. The front wheels I took of an 1/18th scale convertible camaro, painted them to look aluminum and painted the centers orange to match what showed in the pics we found of my dads car.
    I cut the bench seat down to make a single bucket seat, built the front suspension to get it up as well as raised the rear some to clear the new meats! I also mixed up some colors and had it painted to match his car. I have afriend who letters race cars and he did the lettering on the front fenders as well as the replica of the giant STP decal my dad had on his car. I'm sure dad will like it, and hopefully before too long I'll either find his car or construction will start on a full size replica. Here are some pics of the car he had, and the die cast version I built.

sorry this post is a duplicate that somehow I posted. The other thread has pics in it. Sorry.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2009
  2. 067chevy

067chevy