Register now to get rid of these ads!

Please answer Poll

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by candyman, Jul 23, 2008.

?
  1. Type and quality of cars present

245 vote(s)
    74.5%
  2. Size of event

40 vote(s)
    12.2%
  3. Quality and type of entertainment at show

19 vote(s)
    5.8%
  4. The people who attend or run the event

100 vote(s)
    30.4%
  5. Don't attend. I hate car shows and car show people.

28 vote(s)
    8.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. I SMELL SMOKE

I SMELL SMOKE

swap meet is #1 reason for me to go

2. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

I'm good about going to see just about any good show. I just like cool cars. When I get there, I can check out what I like and walk by the stuff that doesn't interest me. Like stock, late model Vettes, Camaros and Mustangs with chrome valve covers. If I want to see that shit, I'll go to a used car lot.

3. 37FABRICATION

37FABRICATION

Here is a 'new' show we're helping with... With the right attitude and the right type of vehicles, hotrods and customs!

[​IMG]

4. PalmdalePsycho

PalmdalePsycho

Price and how well its organized, wont go back to a show if the people running dont have it together.

5. The size of a show doesn't matter much to our club. We have attended shows such as Goodguys Atlanta with tons of cars to shows that ended up having only a couple of dozen cars and have had just as much fun at each. I guess the best show to date was when we attended the Billetproof Ocala event, it was awesome! It boils down to just getting out with our cars and having a good time with other car nutts.

Cooter

6. j ripper

j ripper
    from napa ca.

i actually enjoy driving to an event more than the event itself..

7. i have found that seeing a few friends is agood thing

waiting for ,trying to park together, planning to do something as a group , is a bad thing also listening to alot of griping about the "shows problems ' really wrecks any show for us
    i like all types of cars ......some people ... not so much

over 10 thousand at this bttf event ..way to many speck taters tho

Last edited: Jul 25, 2008
  8. J Man

J Man
    from Angola, IN

Location is a big factor for me.

9. I have to agree with "j ripper", added to my first reply, the trip to and from an event is half the fun.

Cooter

10. al bundy

al bundy
    from bay area

Type and quality of cars present ....that is why they call it a CAR show not a social event or a picnic, BBQ

11. Retrorod

Retrorod

For Flower and I....getting there is half the fun. We limit ourselves to local things for charities and where we see a bunch of our friends and fellow rodders. We don't care for the Gold Chainer events, we went to the "Pismo Classic" a couple years ago and really were out of our element. The whole town was surrounded by enclosed trailers, that was my first clue that something wasn't right.

Anything that happens at the Fairgrounds in Ventura is usually pretty cool, cool ocean breezes, great people and a "laid back" atmosphere.

12. Fenders

Fenders

Any local show except an overpriced Goodguys show.

13. I'm going to add to my previous response and say that distance is numero uno right now. My coupe might get 15 mpg if I'm lucky, and the A/C is out. I really want to go to the HAMB drags, but I just may not be able to afford the gas.

14. I suggested we go to Tacoma this last weekend to visit the in-laws. There "just happened" to be a huge Good Guys event in nearby Puyallup. Purely coincidental (nudge nudge, wink wink) I assure you...

15. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Since they weren't choices.... other major factors for me are:

Weather
    Number of vendors
    Distance, fuel economy and price of fuel.
    How many times I've been there in the past, too. Some places just get worn out and new places are more interesting.

Gary

16. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

I go to shows that I'm interested in. Chances are that if I like the show, I'll like the people there as well. Like-minded people get along.

Im there for cars and hanging out with friends. I could care less if there are bands... pinup contests or whatever. (although I do enjoy a good panel jam)

17. Richard Head

Richard Head

If I take a car, I like larger events. On average I like less than a quarter of the cars at any show. Even if the event has a theme like Billetproof or the Hotrodarama, there are still cars that I will just walk by. Even though Goodguys is way overpriced, I appreciate the sheer number of old iron that event brings out of the woodwork. I passed on Goodguys last year and I kind of missed it.

I really don't care about trophies or awards. Most of my cars are pretty nice, but they are a little too plain to attract trophy attention. The only reason I bring a vehicle is I figure somebody may appreciate seeing it just as I appreciate seeing other people's cars.

Dave